Eddie Murphy - Celebrities
I for one want to thank Eddie Murphy for being the reason Tyler Perry has a career in cinema.(sarcasm) I've never gone out of my way to watch an Eddie Murphy movie. I've only watched his movies if they have been on tv and there was nothing else on. Except Trading Places which I actually did like. I saw this movie in Economics class. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 10, 2011, 4:45 pm

Video Games - Random Topics
I'm old enough to remember playing Pong in the local Holiday Inn lounge when it first came out and thinking that nothing could top it! LOL -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on August 10, 2011, 3:07 pm

John Goodman - Celebrities
Never saw "Normal" and have no interest in seeing it. However; he did a PHENOMENAL job portraying the steamroller Louisiana governor Huey Long- which even my often skeptical father said NAILED how he recalled via newsreels (and colleagues who knew Mr. Long) how the governor was!Yeah, there's more to Mr. Goodman than Dan Conner, live-action Fred Flintstone and being the star of a sitcom I barely recall happening. -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on August 10, 2011, 3:03 pm

Twitter - Websites
And the benefit of sending bogusly spelled messages re one's own navel gazing to the world is, what again? -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on August 10, 2011, 2:58 pm

Ludacris - Celebrities
I agree, Travaltron. Though what's even more infuriating to me is that, thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Spears naming her their now-famous daughter that name, TONS of girls are getting named a garbled spelling of 'Brittany' -( a fascinating, scenic peninsula in northern France of great historic value with Celtic influences) while fewer folks than ever will consider looking up info on the French region all thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Spears trying to sound 'cute'. -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on August 10, 2011, 2:56 pm

Ludacris - Celebrities
Now young people everywhere spell the word "ludicrous" wrong thanks to this guy, much to my annoyance. -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on August 10, 2011, 1:25 pm

National Lampoon's Family Vacation - Movie Series
Here's my take: National Lampoon's Vacation- CLASSIC! Loved it then. Love it now. National Lampoon's European Vacation. Meh. It was, in a word, okay. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Was a little confused about the continuity regarding the kids, but otherwise hilarious. A holiday classic, IMO. National Lampoon's Vegas Vacation- Boooooooo. Now you're just milking it. -- Submitted By: (Friedrich_Feuerstein) on August 10, 2011, 10:44 am

Twitter - Websites
I don't use Facebook or Twitter either, and don't intend to use either of 'em. I don't care what I'm passing up or missing, it's not worth it. -- Submitted By: (BigAl) on August 10, 2011, 10:09 am

Eddie Murphy - Celebrities
This is another one of those guys that I just don't get. I think he boned the fish before I was old enough to see his movies. Apparently he was really good on Saturday Night Live, but that was during the "lost years" that they never rerun. All I see now is a loudmouth with a huge ego. And unfortunately, I have heard his music, including the Whatzupwitu duet with Wacko Jacko. -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on August 9, 2011, 10:20 pm

Happy Days - TV Shows
As the show went on, Fonzie lost his hard edge and became too nice. When he entered the ballroom dance contest with Ms. Cunningham, I tuned out. -- Submitted By: (HailHail) on August 9, 2011, 6:41 pm

Dracula 2000 - Movie Series
I think this is the worst Vampire movie I have ever seen right next to 'Jesus the Vampire slayer' -- Submitted By: (carlmann) on August 9, 2011, 5:59 pm

Hanna-Barbera - Random Topics
More or less. When Cartoon Network started, it was because of Ted Turner buying most of the Hanna-Barbera cartoons in the early 90's. -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on August 9, 2011, 5:58 pm

Twitter - Websites
YESSSS!!! Fellow non-Twitter and Facebook users, UNITE!!! Viva la revolution!!! Stop bowing down to the sheeple and think for yourselves!!! -- Submitted By: (DolFan316) on August 9, 2011, 5:51 pm

Hanna-Barbera - Random Topics
I liked most Hanna-Barbera cartoons. That being said didn't Hanna-Barbera become Cartoon Network? I thought I heard that happened sometime in the 90's. As a matter of fact I think Seth Macfarlane worked there for a bit. I'm not too sure though. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 9, 2011, 3:11 pm

Twitter - Websites
I agree with you again lrbloom. Twitter and Facebook have become such a disease, figuratively speaking. I don't have either one. I used have a Myspace but it started getting lame several years ago. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 9, 2011, 3:07 pm

John Goodman - Celebrities
lrbloom, that does sound awful! I suppose your talking about Normal, Oh, or whatever its called. I haven't heard or seen this and I am glad you said something, I won't watch it. Is John Goodman still the reigning host with most appearances on SNL? -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 9, 2011, 3:04 pm

That '80s Show - TV Shows
Someone on JTS once made the keen observation that That 70's Show was made by people that loved the 1970s and That 80's Show was made by people that hated the 1980s. I totally agree. Also the characters on That 70s Show felt like real people (at least in the early seasons), whereas That 80's show's characters were just walking, talking '80s cliches. And if you haven't seen it already, check out That 80's Show creator Mark Brazill's epic flamewar with Judd Apatow. Brazill comes off like the scum he is and makes freakin' Judd Apatow look dignified. -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on August 9, 2011, 12:53 pm

Normal, Ohio - TV Shows
My problem with this show is the same I have with Ross's ex-wife on Friends. IIRC, this show was about a formerly married father that has recently come out of the closet. We see that his ex-wife and kids are alternately angry and messed up by it. His actions come off as extremely self-centered to me. It was played as if Goodman just decides he's gay one day and ditches his family. And this is supposed to be a comedy. -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on August 9, 2011, 10:35 am

Dan Castellaneta - Celebrities
I can't say I like most of his 'roles' as much as I did Mel Blanc's but I agree that he sure DOES have [almost] as an impressive range of voices as did the late Mr. Blanc! -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on August 9, 2011, 9:57 am

Peter Falk - Celebrities
I agree, lbloom. Although Suzanne Pleshette told a story in which she claimed he pulled some diva stunts during her guest spot on "Columbo" that were so unpleasant to all around that that she said resulted in her not speaking to her friend from adolesence for a year thereafter. However; she concluded 'but how can you stay mad at Peter Falk?'. How, indeed! RIP, Columbo! -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on August 9, 2011, 9:49 am

Elvis movies - Movie Series
For the most part, I agree, lbloom. However; check out his first movie "Love Me Tender" in which he portrays a returning Civil War vet who has to deal with a very changed world and his own postwar angst over the world especially his family. A very impressive performance which showed he wasn't the simple bumpkin Col. Tom Parker wanted everyone else to think. Alas, this could be WHY Col. Parker never let Elvis pick another 'deep' role again until possibly the last film- "Change of Habit" in which Elvis played a doctor in a charity clinic who falls for a nun played by Mary Tyler Moore[!]. The latter not as good as it could have been but not without its own intrigue. -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on August 9, 2011, 9:44 am

Patrick Stewart - Celebrities
I like how he used his Shakespearean experience to make even the most preposterous and absurd plotline seem a bit 'legit' on the Enterprise. I think even the Bard himself would have been proud! -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on August 9, 2011, 9:36 am

George Carlin - Celebrities
Sorry, I must dissent from everyone else. I'm sorry he's dead but I do not admire his work. I consider him to have been a significant contributor to the decline of civility in discourse that may have initially seemed 'liberating' back in the 1960's but has proven to turn even the slightest philosophical disagreements into crude,juvenile rants which no one 'wins' much less learns anything. -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on August 9, 2011, 9:34 am

Youtube - Websites
I have a bit of advice to anyone who's annoyed with the ads on Youtube (and other websites): There is an add-on for Firefox and Chrome called Adblock Plus. If it works, it will block every ad on the webpage you're on (including video ads). I've had it for about 9 months, and I've almost forgotten that Youtube has ads. -- Submitted By: (cartooner) on August 9, 2011, 9:24 am

Hanna-Barbera - Random Topics
I think that Hanna-Barbera boned in the 1970s, when they did almost nothing memorable but Scooby Doo (and even that got tiring after a while). However, I will say that they unboned in the 1990s when they made things like Two Stupid Dogs and What a Cartoon. -- Submitted By: (cartooner) on August 9, 2011, 8:31 am

Dirty Dancing - Movie Series
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! OH DEAR GOD NO!!! The first one was horrific enough!!! -- Submitted By: (DolFan316) on August 9, 2011, 7:38 am

Pat Benatar - Music Groups
Too many greatest hits collections. -- Submitted By: (lrbloom) on August 9, 2011, 7:08 am

Twitter - Websites
Text messaging to the world. I don't see what the big deal is. -- Submitted By: (lrbloom) on August 9, 2011, 7:03 am

Peter Falk - Celebrities
Never BTF -- Submitted By: (lrbloom) on August 9, 2011, 6:53 am

All in the Family - TV Shows
Mike and Gloria move to California -- Submitted By: (lrbloom) on August 9, 2011, 6:49 am

Behind the Music - TV Shows
It becomes the vehicle for entertainers to reinvent themselves. -- Submitted By: (lrbloom) on August 9, 2011, 6:47 am

Nutty Professor, The (1996 film) - Movie Series
The sequel - what else? -- Submitted By: (lrbloom) on August 9, 2011, 6:44 am

Cream - Music Groups
Couldn't have said it better. -- Submitted By: (lrbloom) on August 9, 2011, 6:42 am

Leonard Freeman - Celebrities
Never BTF - remember for creating one of the longest running and most popular shows in tv history. -- Submitted By: (lrbloom) on August 9, 2011, 6:37 am

John Goodman - Celebrities
John Goodman as a gay guy was just a bad idea - when I saw the previews of him say he was a "big girl" I could've gagged. -- Submitted By: (lrbloom) on August 9, 2011, 6:31 am

Hanna-Barbera - Random Topics
Never BTF - classic cartoons from the originals. -- Submitted By: (lrbloom) on August 9, 2011, 6:20 am

myspace.com - Websites
I try to use it sometimes but nothing works. Everytime I try to edit anything on My Profile it just sits there and spins its wheels. No wonder everyone went to Facebook -- Submitted By: (lrbloom) on August 9, 2011, 6:19 am

Elvis movies - Movie Series
Basically, more or less they all suck -- Submitted By: (lrbloom) on August 9, 2011, 6:16 am

Marilyn Manson - Music Groups
Totally agree - a complete phony. -- Submitted By: (lrbloom) on August 9, 2011, 6:15 am

George Carlin - Celebrities
I admired George Carlins comedy. His wit, honesty, and controversy, gave him a great edge. I didn't like everything in his act, but for the most part he was very enjoyable indeed. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 9, 2011, 12:50 am

National Lampoon's Family Vacation - Movie Series
The only one I like out of these is Christmas Vacation. Randy Quaid, the Barney Gumble of cinema, ladies and gentlemen. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 9, 2011, 12:42 am

John Williams - Music Groups
This should probably be in the music section! Anyway, John Williams has composed numerous scores for some of the best and most loved movies. There's no way he's JTS (yeah, that sounds better than "boned") -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 9, 2011, 12:39 am

Dan Castellaneta - Celebrities
I may catch heat for saying this but I think Dan Castellaneta just might be the best voice actor since the great Mel Blanc. As far as longevity on a cartoon goes. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 9, 2011, 12:35 am

Dirty Dancing - Movie Series
Maybe it's because I'm a guy, but this movie blows Sloths Baby Ruth chunks. Yesterday evening I found out that Lionsgate has announced a remake to the awful original. As of now Kenny Ortega is set to direct. Nobody has been cast as of yet. Thoughts...... -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 9, 2011, 12:20 am

Patrick Stewart - Celebrities
Have you guys seen the bizarre fight between Stewart and some fat guy at a UK awards show? Patrick tells him, "If you fancy the Jonas Brothers, cover your belly." -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on August 8, 2011, 11:19 pm

American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) - Random Topics
Hey the ACLU seems to be doing something right in my state; see here: http://youtu.be/Ygr90Ismj4Y -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on August 6, 2011, 11:48 pm

George Carlin - Celebrities
Did he get political at times?!? Yeah, but the thing was, he was equal oppoturnity at bashing when it came to that, and for the most part, he was straight on the point, and funny at the same time with just about anything he talked about. Never boned. -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on August 6, 2011, 6:22 pm

George Carlin - Celebrities
George Carlin was a great stand up comedian. Some people can argue that he got too political in his later career, and liked to bash religion, but let's not forget that he made fun of environmentalists at least once. -- Submitted By: (cartooner) on August 5, 2011, 11:33 pm

Video Games - Random Topics
After putting some thought into it, I've decided that video games peaked at the 16-bit era. You could finally have colorful and detailed sprites, intricate music, and a sparing amount of digitized speech. Also by that time most games had implemented continues, game saves, and actual game endings. (Most 8-bit games didn't and are frustrating in retrospect because of it.) After that time, games just got too complicated: Every game becoming polygon based 3D, too many buttons and difficult controls, too many talky cinema scenes, etc. And don't even get me started on DLC. -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on August 5, 2011, 9:52 pm

Video Games - Random Topics
There's one double standard in Video games that I don't get is. It's considered sexist to have the protagonist rescue his girlfriend, the princess or another female character that is a damsel in distress. That's fine as, well, it is sexist and I can see how Girls and Women would find it annoying and it could seem as though they're often excluded from the adventure based on nothing more then gender. The double standard is how often the protagonists parents/guardians are killed off or imprisoned in one way or another. Now, I know this a common theme in story telling if not one of the most common. I understand that revenge/justice is an easy way to motivate the protagonist on his or her quest and/or a way to motivate them to become a hero in the first place. However, I find myself questioning if that theme is risking alienating gamers that are old enough to be parents in the same way the damsels in distress was alienating potential female players. With the average age of gamers being well into adulthood with plenty of families where the parents play games almost if not just as much as the kids do, I'm surprised that this hasn't become an issue. Then again, with the theme being old as story telling itself, perhaps people are simply used to it and thus, don't let it bother them too much. Am I the only one that has wondered about this? -- Submitted By: (ExplodingConsole) on August 5, 2011, 11:42 am

Bill Maher - Celebrities
@Jp, he falls short of 1/8 of what you said. At the very best. -- Submitted By: (johnnydough) on August 5, 2011, 2:48 am

30 Rock - TV Shows
I used to love the fact that this show poked fun at everything. It was smartly written with unique characters. Many episodes contained great remarks on society, culture, politics, etc. Great satire. But something happened this past season. Maybe Tina Fey took her eye off the ball with all her other work. The situational humor seems more obviously constructed, one-liners seemed more forced. I've switched over to Amy Pohler's show. Her show is different in tone (more sweet / less satire then 30 Rock) but the characters seem more true. It's like 30 Rock characters ham it up for the camera. Maybe I've become too accustomed to 30 Rock's once-unique style. -- Submitted By: (gregjlan) on August 4, 2011, 10:23 pm

Arnold Schwarzenegger - Celebrities
Arnold ... you had it all. Good movie actor, Governor, beautiful family, money to burn. Now just another hypocritical creep. -- Submitted By: (JustLooking) on August 4, 2011, 8:41 pm

Bill Maher - Celebrities
Bill Maher wishes he was an 1/8 the man, comic, and of intelligence as George Carlin. That's all I have to say about him. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 4, 2011, 6:58 pm

Hugh Laurie - Celebrities
I have absolutely no vendettas with Mr. Hugh Laurie. I can't think of anyone else who could play the role of Dr. Gregory House as well as he. I'm not too fond of his partner in crime Stephen Fry, but I haven't seen him in a whole lot outside their comedy sketch, so I don't really have anything else to base him on. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 4, 2011, 6:55 pm

Rage Against the Machine - Music Groups
More Rage Against the Machine Laughs. from the 2011 Comic-Con News Release-In October Dark Horse Comics will release Orchid, a comic created by Rage Against the Machine guitarist Tom Morello. Morello, who is one of the most politically active figures in the current music scene, brings his crusade for social justice to comics with Orchid, which is the dystopian saga of a future world ravaged by rising sea levels. The title character is a teenage prostitute, who leads a revolt against a corrupt society where the rich, who have taken the high ground for their walled cities and compounds, have utterly dominated the poor. Morello sent his class conscious script for Orchid to Gerard Way, the front man for My Chemical Romance and creator of The Umbrella Academy, who forwarded it to his publisher Dark Horse. Scott Hepburn will provide the art for Orchid, which Dark Horse is planning to publish as three miniseries. Shepard Fairey, who created the famous Obama poster for the 2008 campaign, has fashioned a unique variant cover for the first issue of Orchid -- Submitted By: (Hikariu) on August 4, 2011, 12:15 pm

Weber Barbeques - Random Topics
My Weber kettle grill is over 30 years old and still works like a charm. I had to replace the grate a few times but overall a very quality product. It will probably outlive me!! -- Submitted By: (diezman) on August 4, 2011, 12:17 am

PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) - Random Topics
Since it seems to be common knowledge of this organizations' hypocrisies, the question is why hasn't someone shut them down? -- Submitted By: (lrbloom) on August 4, 2011, 12:04 am

Clue (The Movie) - Movie Series
"Universal Studios announced that a remake is in the works with a release date set for 2013." Ugghhhhhhhhh. Really? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1385861/ -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on August 3, 2011, 10:01 pm

Clue (The Movie) - Movie Series
This movie ftw!!! I loved the alternate endings, it was a brilliant bit of creativity that for the past decade nobody has been even remotely capable of. -- Submitted By: (DolFan316) on August 3, 2011, 9:07 pm

Lidsville - TV Shows
Like other shows by the Kroftts, it concerns a character being stranded in a strange land unable to get back home. -- Submitted By: (JayD) on August 3, 2011, 8:14 pm

Peanuts (comic strip) - Random Topics
His name was Schulz, not Schultz. Please get the name right. Anyway, I'm kind of glad that he never planned on having a successor to do the strip. It just wouldn't have been the same. -- Submitted By: (JayD) on August 3, 2011, 8:00 pm

Profanity - Random Topics
The F word is so overused these days, that it is no longer shocking but just downright annoying. -- Submitted By: (JayD) on August 3, 2011, 7:48 pm

Topher Grace - Celebrities
He seems to have done very little to establish himself in that area other than the "awful sequel to Spiderman". -- Submitted By: (lrbloom) on August 4, 2011, 12:02 am

Mila Kunis - Celebrities
I like Mila Kunis but some reason, I still see her as Jackie from "That 70's show". I know she not at all like her character but it must be that I watched it for so long that I'm not used to her playing anyone else. -- Submitted By: (SSM) on August 3, 2011, 1:58 pm

Trix Cereal - Random Topics
@Mr. Zimpy I remember a similar commerical when the rabbit disguise himself as a human man buying the cereal from the supermarket and as soon as he got home, he took off the disguise and got all happy and no kids around neither then tried to pour the milk but the milk is empty, and he got a shocked or sad look in his face. I think it was a "got milk" commerical through. That poor rabbit never catches a break. :( -- Submitted By: (SSM) on August 3, 2011, 1:43 pm

Post Pebbles Cereal - Random Topics
I always loved both Fruity/Coco Pebbles. And the commerical were always funny. -- Submitted By: (SSM) on August 3, 2011, 1:33 pm

PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) - Random Topics
These sciencists beheading animals and PETA only cares about Obama swating some fly? SMDH at PETA. -- Submitted By: (SSM) on August 3, 2011, 1:27 pm

Boondock Saints, The - Movie Series
The Boondock Saints is so epic! I especially love the part when they got down from the ceiling and had a martix-sytle shooting. The sequel was decent though. -- Submitted By: (SSM) on August 3, 2011, 1:20 pm

Global warming - Random Topics
Why Dolfan316, we don't call it global warming anymore. It's climate change now. I wonder why they decided to call it that considering, I can change the climate in my home. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 3, 2011, 2:50 am

Clue (The Movie) - Movie Series
This was just a silly fun kind of movie. I mean come on, it was a movie based on a board game. Tim Currey, Madeline Kahn, and christopher Lloyd were pretty damn funny in it. The whole cast was really. Maybe they should make a Ouija movie. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 3, 2011, 2:44 am

Topher Grace - Celebrities
I disagree lrbloom. I don't think Topher leaving the show caused him to "bone". The show yes definitely. He probably just saw a chance to become a more established actor. I thought he did an ok job playing Eddie Brock but I did not care for Spiderman 3 very much. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 3, 2011, 2:37 am

Topher Grace - Celebrities
To be fair to Topher, that probably seemed like the role of a lifetime at the time. That '70s Show had already boned the fish at that point; the writers had started writing Eric Foreman as an annoying geek loser. "Sam Raimi wants ME to play Venom in the next Spider-Man film!?" I can't blame him for jumping at that chance. Kind of like how Ewan MacGregor jumped at the chance to play Obi-Wan. Neither actor was to know the true horror that was to come. -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on August 2, 2011, 11:49 pm

Topher Grace - Celebrities
Left that "70's Show" -- Submitted By: (lrbloom) on August 2, 2011, 9:28 pm

PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) - Random Topics
Ladies and gentlemen, your scientists at work!!! And the sad part is, they actually get paid by the government to do this. And people wonder why America is in a financial crisis. But back on topic, PETA can't be take seriously because like every other "activist" group they somehow never actually notice anything they SHOULD get outraged about. -- Submitted By: (DolFan316) on August 2, 2011, 7:01 pm

Global warming - Random Topics
Yeah, and come winter every state will be having record low temperatures, just as they seem to have had the previous few years. How will the global warming people explain that away? -- Submitted By: (DolFan316) on August 2, 2011, 6:59 pm

Boondock Saints, The - Movie Series
Boondock Saints completely, absolutely and utterly rocks!!! :-D Seriously, after I got hooked on it I managed to get all my friends hooked too, and that NEVER happens. Now the sequel on the other hand...is best not talked about. -- Submitted By: (DolFan316) on August 2, 2011, 6:57 pm

Game of Death - Movie Series
The Japanese edited together all the footage they could find in their G.O.D. project. That version is probably the best treatment this movie will ever get. (The "official" Hollywood version is a joke.) There's been talk for years of trying to complete the film as it was intended, perhaps with CGI or digital face swaps. -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on August 2, 2011, 5:12 pm

PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) - Random Topics
Ugh, here's another one, this one very recent. Dutch scientists "exploring whether decapitation is a humane way to sacrifice lab animals" by chopping off their heads. They're trying to answer the question if a head still lives after decapitation. Do we really NEED to know this? Who cares. This kind of senseless killing is what PeTA should be focusing on. http://blog.seattlepi.com/thebigblog/2011/07/27/how-long-can-you-live-after-your-head-is-chopped-off/ -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on August 2, 2011, 1:27 pm

Global warming - Random Topics
http://news.yahoo.com/50-states-see-record-highs-july-173203227.html According to this report, certain areas in all 50 states saw record high temperatures in July. -- Submitted By: (cartooner) on August 2, 2011, 3:07 am

Bourne Identity, Supremacy & Ultimatum - Movie Series
I don't like any of these movies, but to be fair I don't like Matt Damon. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 2, 2011, 1:43 am

Planet of the Apes - Movie Series
I'm not familiar with the book, so I can't comment there. But the original film was cowritten by the Rod Serling, the MASTER of the twist ending. The twist worked because it took what you thought you knew about the film and turned it on its side. It made us understand why Dr. Zaius was being such a bastard-- they had just cause to fear/hate man. Burton's film just ended with a "Huh?" I guess he felt pressure to end with a twist like the original and tacked that nonsense on at the end. The problem with twist endings (as M. Night has learned) is they don't really work when the audience is expecting them to happen. Early reviews at RT for the new film are positive; I hope it really is good. -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on August 2, 2011, 1:37 am

Night at the Museum - Movie Series
Hahaha, Mickey Rooney! -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 2, 2011, 1:30 am

Boondock Saints, The - Movie Series
I saw this for the first time a couple of weeks ago, a guy I work with recommended it. It was alright, certainly wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen. I don't know if I'll watch the sequel though. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 2, 2011, 1:27 am

Massively multiplayer online role-playing game - Random Topics
http://www.cracked.com/article_18461_5-creepy-ways-video-games-are-trying-to-get-you-addicted.html An interesting article about that sort of thing. I know cracked is a comedy website. However, they do have a lot of good article and this one is no exception. -- Submitted By: (ExplodingConsole) on August 2, 2011, 1:21 am

Post Pebbles Cereal - Random Topics
I've always enjoyed both Cocoa and Fruity Pebbles;I would mix them together. I don't really eat them anymore but when I first moved out on my own they were cheaper than alot of other cereals; I don't care for off brand cereal. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 2, 2011, 1:10 am

Peanuts (comic strip) - Random Topics
Peanuts were a pretty decent comic strip and cartoon, hell it even had a memorable song that The Weather Channel would use for years to come. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 2, 2011, 1:01 am

Fox News - Random Topics
SO, Cartooner are you a "bronie"? I'm screwing with ya, but I'm pretty sure they were joking about terrorism being a hobby. They even stated it in a joking fashion. I don't know who the woman is on that panel but she was freaking hot. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 2, 2011, 12:36 am

Animal Liberation Front (ALF) - Random Topics
I think some scientists are sadists. I've heard theories that they were nerds that were picked on in school and they take out their frustrations on animals. If you haven't heard about D. Harry Harlow's "Pit of despair", look it up on Wikipedia (or elsewhere if you don't trust it). Harlow's experiments were completely pointless. What exactly did he prove? If you isolate a baby monkey in a box during its entire childhood, it will grow up to be psychotic. Wow, what a revelation. Any of us could have told this guy that. I'm afraid I don't know much about ALF specifically, but I could see myself supporting an illegal intervention in cases like the "Pit of despair". -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on August 2, 2011, 12:14 am

Feminism - Random Topics
ExplodingConsole, preach AWN, brutha!!! That's exactly what I was saying, how some women will always act like it's the 50s and they're all being treated by men like little girls and not "allowed" to do certain things when in fact they got the equality they wanted, and then some. Wilddrawfour, it *seems* like it should be that simple and I'd love it if that was true, but in real life it just isn't. Especially the women who actually get offended when you even offer to do any of that stuff on a date. BTW you guys should love this. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheUnfairSex BTW I can't wait for any women to chime in on this (Stephanie, anyone?). -- Submitted By: (DolFan316) on August 1, 2011, 11:56 pm

Maybe I'll post some of my left-leaning beliefs to balance things out. -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on August 1, 2011, 11:56 pm

Massively multiplayer online role-playing game - Random Topics
See? SEE?! That's exactly what I was talking about. Hopefully wilddrawfour realized what was happening and got out while he could. And the sad part is, if you're not online at least as much as those people, they consider YOU the loser. Not to mention there's no way to "compete" with them if you're not making it your life's ambition like they are--literally. -- Submitted By: (DolFan316) on August 1, 2011, 11:33 pm

Michael Moore - Celebrities
Michael Moore was one of the only celebs I can recall that believed O.J. didn't do it. He probably still thinks that. I should have realized he was an idiot back then. There were some vids of him being a general ass in Japan (apparently he hates them; they are capitalists), but YouTube pulled them. Text description here: http://kotaku.com/5428562/michael-moore-not-so-impressed-with-akihabara -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on August 1, 2011, 11:02 pm

I will admit that there is some political debate on here (usually leaning more right then left), but I can say that I've seen other sites that are much more right-winged (most notably Sodahead). -- Submitted By: (cartooner) on August 1, 2011, 9:59 pm

Feminism - Random Topics
I don't think opening doors for women conflicts with Feminism. Nor does buying her dinner while on a date. She wants equality under the law and a man who will treat her right. Seems simple to me. -- Submitted By: (wilddrawfour) on August 1, 2011, 9:35 pm

Massively multiplayer online role-playing game - Random Topics
I played World of Warcraft and Vanguard Saga of Heroes. I find them so addictive that they interfere with life outside of game time. Anybody else have a similar experience? I was gaming 8-14 hours per day and didn't even want to brush my teeth when I got up in the morning. -- Submitted By: (wilddrawfour) on August 1, 2011, 9:05 pm

Feminism - Random Topics
Definitely true about the draft. I think the biggest problem with Feminism is when things stopped being "You can't refuse her just because she's a woman" (I'm talking in terms of jobs, education etc.) and started getting into "You must say yes to her because she's a woman". That was when Feminism became a problem. That and double standards such as okay to have all sorts of scholarships for women only (and pretty much everyone else). Yet, the very second you have a white males only scholarship, even if it's just for a small amount of money, people freak out saying it's discrimination. Now, years (decades?) ago when it was much harder for Women to get into college, and even harder for them to get people to not treat them like shit, I accept there was a need for these sorts of things. It was trying to even the odds so to speak. Now however, I think it goes against the idea of equality. There are other examples of course. I feel however that the aforementioned example does a good job at summing it up. -- Submitted By: (ExplodingConsole) on August 1, 2011, 7:55 pm

Feminism - Random Topics
Also, I love it when women who have jobs act like it's 50 years ago and they're being some huge pioneer for womankind and being held down by men. Look, I don't care if you're a man, woman or a three headed purple skinned alien, all I care about is the job getting done right. I couldn't care less if you've got an outdated, antiquated persecution complex from being a female mechanic or landscaper or whatever. -- Submitted By: (DolFan316) on August 1, 2011, 7:05 pm

IMO the political stuff has calmed down a lot over the past 6 months or so. Certain people were trying to stir the pot for their own ends and now they're gone and things are actually reasonable, go figure. (And no, I wasn't talking about Soggy, I liked his brand of pot stirring.) -- Submitted By: (DolFan316) on August 1, 2011, 7:00 pm

Massively multiplayer online role-playing game - Random Topics
I made a brief foray into the world of MMORPGs about a decade ago, and I was so horrified I'm never going back. Not just the griefers but people who define their self-identity by how many levels they can rack up, and the same people would be online literally no matter what time of day or night I was, making me wonder if they had jobs or kids or even left the house to feed themselves. -- Submitted By: (DolFan316) on August 1, 2011, 6:57 pm