Ke$ha - Music Groups
Any teenage girl with a producer and a studio could create similar stuff. The word music cannot be used for her output. Pop reached a new low point when she had a hit record. -- Submitted By: (innerralph) on October 18, 2014, 9:09 pm

Nirvana - Music Groups
There's a station where I live that plays the same classic rock songs they did when I was in junior high. I'm 41 now. For whatever reason, 90s rock is anathema to radio. Songs from the 60s-80s? Perfectly fine. But not the 90s oh no, we can't have that! Not that I listen to the radio anymore anyway. -- Submitted By: (DolFan316) on October 12, 2014, 9:11 am

Men Without Hats - Music Groups
They also had a sizeable hit with "Pop Goes the World." Having said that, they are considered a relic of the 80s. -- Submitted By: (JayD) on October 11, 2014, 7:55 pm

Deep Purple - Music Groups
Once again this band is passed over for the rock and roll hall of fame. They weren't even nominated this year. -- Submitted By: (JayD) on October 11, 2014, 7:09 pm

Lorde - Music Groups
Her friendship with Taylor Swift, which started after publicly saying Swift was a bad role model for girls. So why are you now hanging out with her? -- Submitted By: (John63btf) on October 10, 2014, 8:24 pm

G Unit - Music Groups
Should be called Gay-Unit. -- Submitted By: (Infyrin) on October 10, 2014, 6:20 am

Judas Priest - Music Groups
I didn't mind Halford coming out. But I do kinda mind and kinda concerned with his capability to sing in his age. He just doesn't seem to age that well compared to his peers like Lemmy, Ozzy, Dio etc. -- Submitted By: (Infyrin) on October 10, 2014, 6:14 am

Megadeth - Music Groups
I agree heavily with kingbk. After listening to his Endgame album. All I could think was "Okay, Dave. Take off the tinfoil hat..." -- Submitted By: (Infyrin) on October 10, 2014, 5:59 am

Nirvana - Music Groups
Your comment got me interested in whether my local classic rock station (which I haven't listened to in years) was playing Nirvana and other 90's rock groups. I looked at their online site and recent playlist and had to laugh, because it was the same shit they were playing 20 years ago, with the addition of U2 as the only "new" band added. I guess it'll be mid century before they add the alternative/grunge groups to their airplay -- Submitted By: (John63btf) on October 8, 2014, 12:18 pm

Nirvana - Music Groups
Not really a bone moment, but it bums me out a bit that the local classic rock station is now playing Nirvana songs. Seems like just yesterday I listened to the Bleach album (yes, I said album) for the first time. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on October 5, 2014, 3:42 pm

Kid Rock - Music Groups
You know, I think he acknowledged what kind of a talent he is. I'll take a lyric from one of his songs called American Badass. "I know it stinks in here, because I'm the shit!" Yes you were and are, Kid Rock, you're the shit. The BAD kind of shit. Metallica should have sued your balls off instead of Napster for ripping their sound off from Sad But True, you talentless hack. -- Submitted By: () on September 27, 2014, 1:41 am

Beastie Boys, The - Music Groups
If you got to youtube.com and google "Midnight City" by M83 and "Intergalactic" by the Beastie Boys, you will find a KICK A$Z mashup of those two songs. Those two songs really mesh well together. -- Submitted By: (Friedrich_Feuerstein) on September 19, 2014, 11:49 am

U2 - Music Groups
We're giving our new album to ITunes subscribers only, whether they want it or not.. I didn't want your crappy album anyways. U2 stopped being relevant a long time ago -- Submitted By: (stryker73) on September 19, 2014, 9:52 am

Culture Club - Music Groups
The War Song was really bad but they had a lot of really good ones, like Miss Me Blind, his singing was really very good. Boy George has always been a very quick witted riot, he still is, I love his interviews. And his staying power! -- Submitted By: (Em0411) on September 17, 2014, 1:19 am

Jeferson Airplane - Music Groups
I love "We built this City" ! I like those good cheesy 80s hits. -- Submitted By: () on September 15, 2014, 1:59 pm

Madonna - Music Groups
I remember when Like A Prayer came out. Deacons,Preachers and Churchgoers were offended by how like a prayer, she'll take you there. There were also the burning crosses in the background of some scenes in the video. Of course, there was outrage over the black Jesus. You didn't hear many speaking of the rape in the video. I liked hearing Cherish and Open Your Heart to Me in different department stores. Madonna boned in 1993 when she was all out of good material. -- Submitted By: (tvwatcher7) on September 14, 2014, 8:25 am

Michael Bolton - Music Groups
I used to let out a big laugh whenever I heard Soul Provider, How Can We Be Lovers If We Can't Be Friends, How Am I Supposed to Live Without You and Time, Love and Tenderness. The man tried too hard to be a soulful artist, but he missed the mark. -- Submitted By: (tvwatcher7) on September 14, 2014, 8:18 am

Prince - Music Groups
Boned with Cherry Moon, but I loved some of the titles off his Graffiti Bridge (horrible movie) soundtrack. There's thieves in the temple, tonight. My father and I were big fans for time. -- Submitted By: (tvwatcher7) on September 13, 2014, 9:42 pm

Warrant - Music Groups
I'm not a fan of hair metal, but I'll never forget seeing the video to Cherry Pie on MTV in 1990. I forgot Warrant was even a hair metal band after seeing that video. Warrant boned with the third album because they lost their sound. -- Submitted By: (tvwatcher7) on September 13, 2014, 9:39 pm

Nirvana - Music Groups
Hair metal fans seemed to really have distaste for Nirvana. I've heard everything from Nerdvana to Get on My Nervesvana. My introduction to them was when my classmates were passing around Nevermind in May of 92. I was never a fan, but I knew of them. With that said, Nirvana boned with that song, Rape Me. I understand where they were coming from, but try telling anyone that you're listening to Rape Me and adults over the age of 41 will look at you funny. -- Submitted By: (tvwatcher7) on September 13, 2014, 9:32 pm

Whitney Houston - Music Groups
Whitney Houston was gorgeous in the late 80s and for most of the 90s. Her second and third albums were never as great as the first. She never boned the fish. -- Submitted By: (tvwatcher7) on September 13, 2014, 9:22 pm

Ziggy Marley - Music Groups
I don't remember hearing anything off the second album for this guy. I was never a fan of that Tomorrow People song. That coupled with Don't Worry Be Happy scarred my ears for life. -- Submitted By: (tvwatcher7) on September 13, 2014, 9:18 pm

Mariah Carey - Music Groups
And then a fish was boned and had no free will to carry on. Radio stations played Hero to death. I loathe that song. She boned with that single alone. -- Submitted By: (tvwatcher7) on September 13, 2014, 9:16 pm

MC Hammer - Music Groups
I spent almost all of ninety two singing Too Legit 2 Quit. I loved the In Living Color sketch where Tommy Davidson playing Too Sold Out to Quit. By then, Hammer was doing KFC commercials, had a doll and a cartoon. MC Hammer was everywhere in the early 90s, basically. MC Hammer jumped with his 95 album because he tried to go hard, but everyone still saw him as the head honcho of the cheesy pop-rap scene. -- Submitted By: (tvwatcher7) on September 13, 2014, 7:59 pm

Nelson - Music Groups
I often reminisce over how the Nelson Brothers resembled Chip and Pepper in ninety one. I liked After the Rain, though I would never tell anyone that, openly. -- Submitted By: (tvwatcher7) on September 13, 2014, 7:22 pm

DeBarge - Music Groups
Boned with that Who's Johnny song off the Short Circuit soundtrack. Gosh, I always hated that song. -- Submitted By: (tvwatcher7) on September 13, 2014, 7:18 pm

Beastie Boys, The - Music Groups
I never understood the appeal to Fight For Your Right (To Party). Hey Ladies was plain annoying to me. Surprisingly enough, I liked Check Ya Head. -- Submitted By: (tvwatcher7) on September 13, 2014, 7:15 pm

Anita Baker - Music Groups
Anita boned with Giving You the Best that I Got, but unboned with the third album. The beat to Fairy Tales never left my ears. -- Submitted By: (tvwatcher7) on September 13, 2014, 7:12 pm

Wilson Phillips - Music Groups
I remember VH1 playing Hold On for what seemed like forever. They grew on me over the years. My favorite tunes are Repulsive and You're In Love. -- Submitted By: (tvwatcher7) on September 13, 2014, 7:10 pm

Huey Lewis and the News - Music Groups
Boned with that Stuck With You song. -- Submitted By: (tvwatcher7) on September 13, 2014, 6:54 pm

Bobby Brown - Music Groups
Wasn't Bobby Brown on the soundtrack to everyone's life in the early 90s? His second album was the best out of all three. The fish left the water when his third one hit, but there were still some great tracks on there. Never boned. -- Submitted By: (tvwatcher7) on September 13, 2014, 6:48 pm

Bobby Brown - Music Groups
I remember being stunned by the metamorphous of Bobby Brown in ninety two. He went from producing child friendly albums to the one named after him. Of course, most prefer his second album to his first and third. Some mistake his second album for the first. His second one is probably the most memorable out of all three. Don't Be Cruel was probably many peoples introduction to new jack swing. Never boned. -- Submitted By: (tvwatcher7) on September 13, 2014, 6:23 pm

New Edition - Music Groups
I was never a fan of New Edition. Bell Biv Devoe, on the other hand, was awesome. I know people who are familiar with every lyric to poison. -- Submitted By: (tvwatcher7) on September 13, 2014, 6:09 pm

Milli Vanilli - Music Groups
I remember Milli Vanilli being so popular from late '89 to early 1990. There were contests, appearances on the Jim Henson Hour, song references on Full House (it was big then), mentions on In Living Color, and a remix album. At the start of 1990, they were "all" of that, but by the end, "nothing". Get it, they had a song called "All or Nothing." Of course, I was referring to Rob and Fab, not the old dudes who were actually member of the band. In the 80s and very early 90s, many lip-synching dancers were used as substitutes for overweight or elderly singers. I remember Martha Wash calling out the music director of the C&C Music Factory videos for using Velma Davis over her. Then, Marky Mark actually had Martha Wash in his video, I think. Back on topic, Milli Vanillli jumped the shark when their video dancers were outed. I even remember the lip-synching incident being referenced on ABC's Perfect Strangers. All throughout the HW Bush era, the dancers and the band tried to redeem themselves. Rob and Fab were featured in a Carefree sugarless gum commercial (when's the last time you saw one of those). The band went on to a produce another album under the name, "The Real Milli Vanilli". Two years after that one came out, Rob and Fab put out their album. Needless to say, no one bought it. I remember myself lip-synching Milli Vanilli in 1992, hehe. It was very sad to hear about Rob's suicide in 1998. I hope he is resting in peace. -- Submitted By: (tvwatcher7) on September 13, 2014, 2:32 pm

Nicki Minaj - Music Groups
One word: Anaconda. -- Submitted By: (JayD) on September 8, 2014, 10:37 pm

Men Without Hats - Music Groups
So if you go to a Men Without Hats concert, do they just do a 90 minute version of Safety Dance? -- Submitted By: (Friedrich_Feuerstein) on August 27, 2014, 5:05 pm

Mariah Carey - Music Groups
hate to say it, but her music career's pretty much over..what Glitter didn't do to it, her last album did.. With a title like 'I am Mariah, the elusive Chanteuse' can't say i'm too surprised. Even Glitter managed to sell at least 100k copies -- Submitted By: (stryker73) on July 15, 2014, 5:34 pm

Ramones, The - Music Groups
RIP Tommy..the last surviving original member. I still find it odd that the other 3 died in such a short time span. Their music was different and at the same time groundbreaking, and it would have been great to get one more album out of them before their passing -- Submitted By: (stryker73) on July 15, 2014, 5:12 pm

Live - Music Groups
Their video for "I Alone" is completely idiotic, with the drummer (without drums) awkwardly roaming around the set as the rest of the band perform the song. One of the worst videos from that time period. -- Submitted By: (John63btf) on June 13, 2014, 6:44 pm

Gin Blossoms - Music Groups
The Gin Blossoms were already pretty bland, but Doug Hopkins firing and eventual suicide left this band without any spark of real songwriting angst. -- Submitted By: (John63btf) on June 13, 2014, 6:36 pm

Crash Test Dummies - Music Groups
Horrible 90's band that sang "Mmm mmm mmm". Enough said -- Submitted By: (John63btf) on June 13, 2014, 6:30 pm

Barenaked Ladies - Music Groups
Annoying "funny" band that gets on your nerves real quick -- Submitted By: (John63btf) on June 12, 2014, 8:05 pm

Pink - Music Groups
Pink? Should be Stink! -- Submitted By: (jimdcarter) on June 5, 2014, 10:03 pm

Starland Vocal Band - Music Groups
Not only did they win a Grammy, but they actually got a TV variety show out of the success of "Afternoon" as well. Thankfully it didn't last long. -- Submitted By: (John63btf) on June 1, 2014, 6:57 pm

Doobie Brothers, The - Music Groups
I meant to say why would the guys from What's Happening not like the doobies. I just realized I had one too many negative words in that sentence. Anyway, a lot of their songs were influenced by Motown. Another great rock band not in the rock hall. -- Submitted By: (JayD) on May 6, 2014, 11:25 pm

Alice Cooper - Music Groups
who can forget 'Hey Stoopid' -- Submitted By: (stryker73) on March 25, 2014, 1:24 pm

Alice Cooper - Music Groups
Every decade, Alice Cooper adapts to it. So, of course it's just a mixed bag on how you prefer the music of Alice Cooper. In the 80s, yeah he had the wild hair going, the New Wave, Radio-Friendly thing. Then early 2000s, he got dark with Brutal Planet and Dragontown. These days, he's kinda mixing it up but eventually. Least that was the kindof exposure of his music I got. But either way, he was awesome. -- Submitted By: () on March 23, 2014, 1:16 am

Dio - Music Groups
It seemed that the Black Sabbath band preferred Dio over Ozzy. Ozzy strewn off on his own, fucked himself up from previous alcohol and drug usage so he's now just been a mumbling wreck. Ozzy's solo works may have been good in the early 80s but he has really declined in shape and performance severely. Dio has retained his form despite his age, he loves the music. Really one of the forefronts of metal music as we know it. It's just really sad that he had so much planned like more new albums, that this death took him away from it. Never forgotten... -- Submitted By: (Infyrin) on March 14, 2014, 4:11 pm

Ministry - Music Groups
I stand by my prior comments- the "SIRE" era 87-92 was the time this band was shining, then you realize it was sort of lightning in a bottle, and the fillet has been boning for over 22 years now. Sizzle Sizzle -- Submitted By: (Chubby Rain) on February 14, 2014, 6:35 am

Ministry - Music Groups
Contrary to the bio of this band. Al Jourgensen decided to release two more albums from this band. One of which, Relapse, was the last album to feature guitarist Mike Scaccia (RIP). Then claimed that was his final album with Ministry. Then released From Beer to Eternity last year and again claimed that was the last time. Seriously, quit jerking people's chains. I think Ministry shouldn't go on anymore after last year, in fact, I wished they'd stop at Relapse. It was a tolerable album compared to From Beer to Eternity. Way to leave on a low note. -- Submitted By: (Infyrin) on February 5, 2014, 10:19 pm

Mudvayne - Music Groups
L.D 50 was okay. I just think that their later albums, they tried too hard to match what L.D 50 did. The one pill of an album I have a hard time swallowing is Lost and Found. What the hell kind of phase were they in then? I liked a couple songs from it but I just didn't grasp it. The New Game was just...ugh. I can barely sit through a song from that album. In fact, I kinda forget some of the songs that came from that album. Also, they dived into the political topic a little too late. Leave that stuff to Ministry. -- Submitted By: (Infyrin) on February 5, 2014, 10:14 pm

Jewel - Music Groups
All I can say is...can't stand her! -- Submitted By: (RockinReed) on January 28, 2014, 11:41 pm

Captain and Tennille - Music Groups
That just proves two things. One, that has been celebs will do *anything* to get back in the news these days and two, this whole youth culture/ED drug thing has gone too far when 70something people think they can just pick back up where they left off on the singles scene. -- Submitted By: () on January 28, 2014, 6:21 pm

Captain and Tennille - Music Groups
Waiting until you're both in your 70's to get divorced? Really??? -- Submitted By: (John63btf) on January 27, 2014, 3:45 pm

Def Leppard - Music Groups
Initially, when this band started, it was a true rock band with great songs. Then they turned into a party band combination of Van Halen and Guns 'n Roses, but not as enjoyable as either. The songs all started being about "rock" and getting "loud" and this and that, which got annoying and irritating. All that said, I give the drummer mad props for how talented he is with one arm. -- Submitted By: (kingbk) on December 23, 2013, 5:52 pm

John Denver - Music Groups
I was first introduced to John as a kid through his many crossovers with The Muppets. When I was in my teen and early twenties, I started to hate him. I thought he was a wuss, singing about trees and mountains. He had those DUIs during a lull in his career and I recall making some tasteless jokes when he died. Now that I'm older, I can appreciate his work a lot more. What's wrong with singing about mountains and trees? Nothing. I'd certainly prefer that to the plethora of songs about having sex, wanting to have sex, or busting caps in people's asses. -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on December 14, 2013, 12:09 pm

Steely Dan - Music Groups
Never boned. They are one of the very few bands that became better as they went along. Gaucho wasn't that good though. Aja is the best of the bunch. Donald Fagan's solo work is fabulous. -- Submitted By: () on December 10, 2013, 8:23 pm

R. Kelly - Music Groups
He used to write inspirational songs. Now he's writing nothing but sexual explicit songs. The album cover for his latest album shows him playing a topless woman like a cello. -- Submitted By: (JayD) on November 21, 2013, 6:50 pm

Van Halen - Music Groups
Here's another vote for 1984. Keyboards and synths, huh...what were they thinking? They stood out nicely from the keyboard/synth crowd that actually started during the previous decade. Great band up until then. Further boned down the road with "Right Now," and so forth. -- Submitted By: () on November 19, 2013, 9:35 pm

Metallica - Music Groups
Let us not forget the awesome album they did... with Lou Reed about a year ago. Just more epic failure- here it is for free to listen to the trainwreck on youtube for a few minutes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z0GkrYAT78 -- Submitted By: (Chubby Rain) on November 17, 2013, 12:31 pm

Police - Music Groups
DSSCTM '86 was an unnecessary remake that was nothing more than a lethargic, synth-heavy cover version that could've been featured on any Sting album (or trendy car commercial). Was Stewart Copeland even involved (unless he programmed the drum machines)? -- Submitted By: (montauk6) on November 11, 2013, 10:24 am

Stevie Wonder - Music Groups
Journey Through The Secret Life of Plants: This was the peak of Stevie's experimentalism but, except for maybe 2 hits off the entire LP, it and the movie it was a soundtrack for were pretty much ignored and criminally underrated. After that, he pretty much stuck to standard (though, nonetheless superior) R&B. -- Submitted By: (montauk6) on November 11, 2013, 10:11 am

Good Charlotte - Music Groups
I am not the biggest fan of this band, but I will say at least they did not try too hard for their image. They had a few songs which were decent and enjoyable, and are all round a passable band. No classic but I cannot say they really boned anywhere. -- Submitted By: (johnnydough) on November 5, 2013, 7:02 am

Adele - Music Groups
she chews her gum like a cow! -- Submitted By: (thedude19766) on October 31, 2013, 8:08 pm

Metallica - Music Groups
Should be one hell of a pop rock show! LoL. Popallica bones harder each passing year. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on October 25, 2013, 10:45 am

Metallica - Music Groups
Saw they want to tour with Green Day and U2 Now- how metal of them. -- Submitted By: (Chubby Rain) on October 21, 2013, 6:23 pm

Backstreet Boys - Music Groups
They should stay gone. We're no longer in the boy band phase. I wouldn't even call them a boy band, more like a boy group. I don't miss them and it's not like they're helping the craptation of music out today. -- Submitted By: (Infyrin) on October 8, 2013, 5:16 am

Pantera - Music Groups
I think if that if there wasn't harsh bad blood between Vinnie/Dimebag and Phil, I would've liked to think Dimebag would probably still have been around us today. Granted I'm not saying that the formation of Damageplan was a bad thing, because Damageplan was good and would've been nice to see more material from them. Soon as Dimebag died, that was it, the band was gone as fast as it was formed. Can't believe it'll be 10 years next year since Dimebag has died. R.I.P. -- Submitted By: (Infyrin) on October 8, 2013, 5:13 am

Baha Men - Music Groups
"Who The Let The Dogs Out" hasn't aged very well, and many people can see why. The song is annoying and it's appeal lasted just an hour after it was made. -- Submitted By: (Infyrin) on October 8, 2013, 5:08 am

Diddy - Music Groups
More or less. Without Biggie, he's a nobody. -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on October 6, 2013, 1:02 am

Diddy - Music Groups
I never understood his appeal to the rap community. Seemed to me, he rode the the coattails of Biggy Smalls. I could be wrong about that, as I really could care less about rap. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on October 4, 2013, 7:07 pm

Marilyn Manson - Music Groups
I think his music dropped when he reached the "Eat Me, Drink Me" album. First thought that came to my mind on the first track was "Since when did he start caring about writing anything about Vampires?" Then he was tossed into the Emo music category from then on after that album came and went. Since then, it's an image hard to shake off. He just became irrelevant afterwards. -- Submitted By: () on September 29, 2013, 4:14 am

Sinead O'Conner - Music Groups
PYLrulz, Good point. The picture rip DID seem a rather childish and petulant act that took away from being able to focus on her actual talent. Sad to say, I actually think she DOES have a good voice [despite her needlessly screeching like a banshee on too many occasions] but, regardless of her not being in the public glare so much, she SURE needs to find her peace. -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on September 28, 2013, 12:16 pm

Sinead O'Conner - Music Groups
Maybe or maybe not. Nowadays I do not think that would cause such a fuss, but 20 years ago a whole lot less could be done on television without being controversial. She has had quite a career away from the mainstream and still does have a good voice - she always has been a pretty petulant woman. -- Submitted By: (johnnydough) on September 22, 2013, 10:52 pm

Sinead O'Conner - Music Groups
If you parade yourself around as a musician, yet the only thing you really are known for is ripping a picture of the Pope, are you really successful to begin with?!? -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on September 22, 2013, 5:35 pm

Billy Joel - Music Groups
Always partially boned in my book. He's a great musician who still plays to sold-out crowds (especially when Elton John is involved, good luck getting tickets!) but he's had a few things: everything post 1993 has been a flop, the fallout from "Only the Good Die Young" (a song banned at a couple of Catholic colleges) and his failed marriage to Christie Brinkley (the two are somehow now on decent terms). -- Submitted By: (Northeastern292) on September 21, 2013, 11:56 pm

Sinead O'Conner - Music Groups
Always seemed like she was famous for her antics rather than for her music. Plus she wasn't the most enlightened person either, I remember reading an interview of hers in Rolling Stone around 1992 and being turned off as to how ignorant she was. -- Submitted By: (John63btf) on September 20, 2013, 7:26 pm

Evanescence - Music Groups
I think the reason so many people have flocked to this band is because of one individual. Amy Lee, nothing personal against her, gains the attention. The rest of the band are just the minority. It's just one of those kinds of groups. -- Submitted By: (Infyrin) on August 22, 2013, 12:38 am

Insane Clown Posse - Music Groups
I never liked this group from the start. And I especially never liked the fans that ever found anything "worthy" in them. The fans are about as bad as the Slipknot fans. Where instead of "Maggots" for Slipknot. We instead get "Juggalos" for ICP. I think Slipknot sucks also but that's a different discussion. Their fans have got to be one of the most delusional of them all. Who make ICP practically their religion. To describe one of these sperm-duds who've surprisingly made it into the gene pool. I recall a video a long time back, where a ICP fan's baby, had passed away. So, before the burial took place. They dressed the child up in ICP-gear, placed it in a ICP-like coffin and prayed for the child's spirit to be one in the made-up spirit world of Shangri-La. Which is a ICP-made up place. That isn't even the beginning. That same fan was upset not only because of the baby's death. But also because she was mostly upset because she had missed an ICP concert OVER this baby's death. That's sickening. Idiot's irresponsibility aside, that is how bad a typical ICP fan is like. Take a white trash individual from a trailer park, someone too inept or inadequate to further themselves in the world, dress him/her in goth-like clothing, slap some clown make up on, let said music guide you instead of your own free will and you've got yourselves a "Juggalo". -- Submitted By: (Infyrin) on August 21, 2013, 1:35 am

Kidz Bop - Music Groups
"Harlem Shake?" really? How is it even possible to sing it? There is a lot of disposable pop songs these days, and there is nothing more disposable than Kidz Bop singing these disposable pop songs. -- Submitted By: (JayD) on August 10, 2013, 11:40 am

Nicki Minaj - Music Groups
I know a lot of people bash Stupid Hoe (and they should), but personally, I think her song "Beez in Da Trap" is a lot worse, to the point where it's one of the few songs that I can't finish. At least with Ke$ha, it was pretty obvious that she was just trolling the music industry. With Nicki Minaj, I'm not too sure. -- Submitted By: (cartooner) on August 9, 2013, 4:13 pm

Monkees, The - Music Groups
Just to let everyone know, I saw them in concert when they came to my town last month and they ROCKED! Not only did they flawlessly perform their standards but it was good seeing Michael Nesmith and Peter Tork being given more chances to shine individually and collectively than in the past. Oh and while Peter Tork showed his incredible talent re playing a very wide variety of instruments [even simultaneously], I think his singing has definitely IMPROVED from the days of the show. Yeah, all of them are on the far side of 65 but the energy and enthusiasm they showed for their work and the audience was unbounded and I like that all of them truly seem to appreciate this chance to connect with the audience and they gave proper due to the historic venue where they played. I also like that they seemed to have put aside whatever past conflicts they may have had and have re- bonded as brothers. Speaking of family, Mike's son Christian and Micky's sister Coco were a good help to them and definitely worth seeing perform with their more famous kin [and Christian Nesmith and his talented companion Circe Link have some excellent works on You Tube, etc. worth seeking out]. If anyone on the West Coast who is a fan has the chance to see them, I urge you to see if any tickets are still available before the tour ends by the end of the month. In any case, it was good seeing them all healthy and happy again even if they were missing their most famous bandmate Davy Jones. Yes, they did a good tribute to him and it didn't overwhelm the rest of the show. The only downside to this was that they showed more of "Head" than I would have liked [IMO, Davy's song 'Daddy's Song' was the only truly entertaining part of that mess]. If any fan reading this on the West Coast has the chance to see them, I urge you to seek out tickets before the tour ends by the end of August [and there seem to be no plans for overseas tours at this time]. -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on August 8, 2013, 10:33 am

Kidz Bop - Music Groups
Kidz Bop boned day 1, but I think they've reached a new low with their cover of "Harlem Shake." -- Submitted By: (cartooner) on August 7, 2013, 7:46 pm

Kidz Bop - Music Groups
Corny sanitized versions of songs kids shouldn't be listening to anyway. -- Submitted By: (sonicreducer12) on August 6, 2013, 6:35 pm

Barenaked Ladies - Music Groups
The band never boned, they still have some great songs in them. If anything, Steven Page boned and got caught inhaling cocaine, forgetting the words to songs, and walking out of the band. -- Submitted By: (sonicreducer12) on August 6, 2013, 6:21 pm

Ritchie Valens - Music Groups
Whilst their deaths were tragic, if that had not happened, who would've really remembered them, except for Buddy Holly who was already an accomplished singer and songwriter. The Big Bopper ("J. P." Richardson) would've been just another forgettable act from the doo-wop era, but that tragedy immortalized him. Valens probably would be remembered if he kept making records -- Submitted By: (stryker73) on July 17, 2013, 4:16 pm

Kid Rock - Music Groups
I really hate that All Summer Long song, no relation to the Beachboys song of the same title. It is one of those songs you can only bear to hear once, like the typical novelty song(eg. Because I Got High). I had to change the station when it came on a second time. Not to mention, it ruined the songs "Sweet Home Alabama" and "Werewolves of London" for me. -- Submitted By: (JayD) on July 16, 2013, 7:08 pm

Kid Rock - Music Groups
Not a fan, never have been. Tries to be the jack-of-all-trades with his music, but instead falls flat in any of them. Comes off dirty, uneducated and red neckish with his faux rebel act. "All Summer Long" is one of the worst songs I've ever heard, and not just because it rhymes "things" with "things" or mashes together two classics in "Sweet Home Alabama" and "Werewolves of London" and desecrates them... wait, yes, that's exactly why I hate that song. Day one for me. -- Submitted By: (kingbk) on July 16, 2013, 1:46 am

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Music Groups
The real LS died in the 70s with the plane crash. The current LS continues to tour, but is NOT the classic Skynyrd. -- Submitted By: (kingbk) on July 16, 2013, 1:30 am

Nicki Minaj - Music Groups
Back in the day, I was a fan of hers...she was actually a solid rapper (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w56UQK7QpBw). In fact, in the first year or so of her being with Lil Wayne's crew, she maintained her solidity. The album was where it all went downhill. "Dear old Nicki, please call back." -- Submitted By: (Burmy) on July 7, 2013, 1:20 pm

Ke$ha - Music Groups
I find her songs tolerable at best. Her highest point was being the less-sucky performer on that Pitbull "Take On Me" ripoff, while her lowest point... Well, she started off pretty low to be honest, and didn't raise too high. I actually like her as a person though: a perfect SAT, wonderful skin and looks and she makes the music to have fun - that's admirable, even if the music itself isn't enjoyable. -- Submitted By: (MrMallard) on July 3, 2013, 10:56 am

David Bowie - Music Groups
I think there is a point where he did bone, but he recovered around the mid 90's in his alternative phase. The success of Let's Dance led to some half-baked "commercial" records which were tolerable at best - even today David Bowie himself regrets sticking to that sort of sound for so long. However, I really liked his alternative 90's phase with Outside and Earthling, and all albums after were actually really good (jury's still out on The Next Day, however). There's definitely a point where he just burnt out completely, but there's no doubt that he recovered along the line. -- Submitted By: (MrMallard) on July 3, 2013, 3:59 am

Ritchie Valens - Music Groups
I wonder if he would have been as well known today had he not died alongside Buddy Holly. Nevertheless, despite his brevity, he was quite influential on Chicano music, including Los Lobos who did the soundtrack to La Bamba. -- Submitted By: (JayD) on June 28, 2013, 6:31 pm

Ritchie Valens - Music Groups
Ritchie Valens certainly had some great; timeless songs. I still listen to his music along with alot of others from that era. It just seems like there was more passion and soul behind the music. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on June 27, 2013, 10:16 pm

Cars, The - Music Groups
Probably around 1985-86, a lot of the songs they were putting out at that time (Heartbeat City, You are the Girl) just seemed subpar. Actually, Ric Ocasik's solo "Emotion in Motion" and Benjamin Orr's "Stay the Night" were much better songs, maybe they were holding back their better material for the solo outtings. -- Submitted By: (John63btf) on June 17, 2013, 7:03 pm

Hanson - Music Groups
Mmmhops? Oh...my...God. -- Submitted By: (Robert) on June 12, 2013, 8:11 pm

Nicki Minaj - Music Groups
Stupid Hoe has one good thing going for it: the super-sped up version. It is stupid in sort of a manically funny way (though that is my odd sense of humour): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYAxzG1utcw -- Submitted By: (johnnydough) on June 10, 2013, 9:12 pm

Hanson - Music Groups
They now have their own beer. It's called, wait for it, Mmm Hops. -- Submitted By: (JayD) on June 8, 2013, 10:33 pm

Stone Temple Pilots - Music Groups
And from what I have heard, he's throwing a HUGE bitchfit about the whole deal, saying the band can't use the STP name with him kicked out -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on June 8, 2013, 6:54 pm

ZZ Top - Music Groups