Troll Dolls - Random Topics
Can't Sleep....Troll will eat me.... -- Submitted By: (BrewMaster) on July 23, 2009, 10:15 pm

Highlander - Movie Series
Yeah, the anime was pretty decent. Better than all the live action sequels, and the all-but-forgotten atrocious French cartoon. But apparently the producers screwed over the anime director (same guy as Ninja Scroll, IIRC) and cut a bunch of stuff out. The producers claimed they were going to release a director's cut, but never did. -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on July 23, 2009, 10:00 pm

Santa Clause, The - Movie Series
Thanks to this movie, people all over America are misspelling the name "Santa Claus". -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on July 23, 2009, 9:52 pm

Backstreet Boys - Music Groups
Boy bands = Fillet Knife -- Submitted By: (BrewMaster) on July 23, 2009, 9:35 pm

Salvage One - TV Shows
Bad sfx what no cgi guys? & Old man brings an iceberg to drought area? -- Submitted By: (ChrissyM) on July 23, 2009, 8:00 pm

Isis - TV Shows
JUST WATCHED THE dvds- LOVED THE MORAL\S AT THE END, someday women will be presidents of the USA haha -- Submitted By: (ChrissyM) on July 23, 2009, 7:09 pm

Surreal Life, The - TV Shows
KILL ME NOW! -- Submitted By: (ChrissyM) on July 23, 2009, 7:06 pm

Hunter - TV Shows
Hunter was like the white shaft,Tough! -- Submitted By: (ChrissyM) on July 23, 2009, 7:05 pm

Battlestar Galactica 1978 - TV Shows
Ana Alicia's acting was great, greatly disa.. no jk it was awesome. -- Submitted By: (ChrissyM) on July 23, 2009, 7:04 pm

Waiting For God - TV Shows
I loved this show-I loved this show-Where is this show. -- Submitted By: (Yusiri86) on July 23, 2009, 6:50 pm

Tyra Banks - Celebrities
Tyra Banks is like the Mob piss her off and she'll try to make you disappear. -- Submitted By: (Yusiri86) on July 23, 2009, 5:57 pm

Firefly - TV Shows
I sorry I watch a lot of these shows on SciFi channel. I love Joss Whedon but I can't stand this show. Spaceships and Cowboys just don't go to together. I could never get over space travelers talking like they were from a bad western. -- Submitted By: (Yusiri86) on July 23, 2009, 5:51 pm

Boston Legal - TV Shows
Another David E. Kelley program where the actors contracts are written on water. If your not the lead or interesting. Your likely to be replaced with no explanation. This show became the Denny Crane/Alan Shore show. With the rest of the cast left flapping in the wind. Gone as quickly as the came. I found Denny and Alan interesting but I would have liked to know more about the other characters too. -- Submitted By: (Yusiri86) on July 23, 2009, 5:43 pm

Boston Public - TV Shows
Of Course a ahow about teachers is going to have to have to student reactions. I never saw an episode I didn't like. I do think the way character faded in and out towards the end to be highly annoying. -- Submitted By: (Yusiri86) on July 23, 2009, 5:36 pm

Ghostwriter - TV Shows
Completely loved the show start to finish with some exceptions mainly Exit Stage Left: ROB and Same character different actor: Gaby. I could not understand a word that second Gaby said or why she was younger that the original Gaby. Also the whole slime monster incident. -- Submitted By: (Yusiri86) on July 23, 2009, 5:17 pm

Tate Donovan - Celebrities
Dating Tate will make you famous. Unfortunately the magic doesn't work on him. -- Submitted By: (Yusiri86) on July 23, 2009, 4:39 pm

Katherine Heigl - Celebrities
I still like ROSWELL though -- Submitted By: (Yusiri86) on July 23, 2009, 4:36 pm

Katherine Heigl - Celebrities
ON SCREEN: A sweetheart OFF SCREEN: A bitch. -- Submitted By: (Yusiri86) on July 23, 2009, 4:34 pm

Salute Your Shorts - TV Shows
LOVED IT INGENIOUS. The characters were real kids acting like real kids. There was never a moment where I questioned the reality of it all. I feel like I was there with them the whole time. Not like today where all the teen shows are silly overblown hyperactive caricatures of what they think kids are suppose to act like. -- Submitted By: (Yusiri86) on July 23, 2009, 4:30 pm

Saved by the Bell: The New Class - TV Shows
I could have been ten times a better show if they didn't have such a revolving cast members. I mean just when I was getting used to the people they had in season 1. They get rid of them and replace them with someone esle without any explanation. What makes it so bad is that it was the people who I thought stood out. Bonnie Russavage(Vicki Needleman),Robert Sutherland Teifer(Scott Erickson,and Isaac Lidsky(Barton Weasel Wyzell) -- Submitted By: (Yusiri86) on July 23, 2009, 4:20 pm

JumptheShark.com - Websites
I just found this place today. It's nice to find that the crowd that used to frequent JTS has found a new home. Fortunately, I kept my own personal copies of the content I sent to "the place that shall not be named", and I'll start putting them up in the appropriate places here. -- Submitted By: (Eugene) on July 23, 2009, 12:15 pm

Dr. Phil - TV Shows
I had the misfortune of being subjected to this show while I was undergoing physiotherapy, as they had it on the TVs while I was getting worked over. I can assure you I'd never voluntarily watch this. What amazes me most about this program is that people are willing to appear on it. I can only assume that the concept of privacy in ones personal life is obsolete, as it would appear that people are perfectly willing to destroy their reputations and that of their entire family if it means that they'll get on TV. I was stunned, not so much that some of these people existed, but that they were willing to discuss these issues on national television, and presumably using their real names. I'm sure that must make for some awkward conversations with the neighbors over the fence! Someone described this show to me as "Jerry Springer for the middle class", and I think it's a perfect summary. -- Submitted By: (Eugene) on July 23, 2009, 12:00 pm

Hee Haw - TV Shows
We used to watch this long ago in the early seventies, but I can't honestly recall why. (No one in the family was particularly interested in country music, and even as a seven year old, I felt the jokes were 'corny'). I can only guess that Hee Haw happened to be run between two other programs we wanted to see, and there wasn't anything better on any of the other channels. So, for lack of anything better to watch, this stayed on for half an hour. More memories of what life was like in the black and white channel 2 - 13 era, before VCRs, DVDs, and the 300 channel universe... -- Submitted By: (Eugene) on July 23, 2009, 10:33 am

Oceans 11 - Movie Series
The original, well, the remake I guess I should say, of the original Sinatra movie, I find in many ways to be a lot better. I like that they actually get away with it, I like the ensemble cast, and I think the movie's very, very well done. The problem is that they thought they could keep that momentum and fluidity and they couldn't. 12 was extremely incoherent with everyone babbling and talking over each other and terrible cinematography as well as an extremely forced twist ending. 13 had too wide of a focus and terrible, terrible sub-plots. Also, they both made terrible use of their talented supporting cast like Bernie Mac and Don Cheadle. What a waste. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 23, 2009, 10:04 am

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory - Movie Series
Gene Wilder's Willy Wonka and that version is definitive. It variates from the book here and there obviously, but it is a classic. Great music (I'm not the only one who loves Cheer Up, Charlie, am I?) and great characters all around. In addition to Wilder, I love Mr. Salt's actor and I love Jack Albertson as Grandpa Joe. The factory has both sequences that make me smile and tear up from nostalgia and still cringe in fear and get goosebumps from. For whatever reason, Tim Burton decided he had to do a remake. I thought, okay, this could be good. He's kind of a dark and twisted sensibility mixed with melancholy humor. I think that works, considering the subject matter of the book (naughty children are horribly mutilated for their misdeeds). And he had the great Johnny Depp for his Willy Wonka. I was nervous, because Wilder is so definitive in the role but I thought Depp's ability would make it at least a comparable effort. But I was wrong! Depp's characterization was not only far and away from the book, but also completely creepy and ultimately boring. The good parts of the movie were overshadowed by Burton's lack of focus: choosing to make Wonka a more "human" character by showing flashbacks of him as a child and interacting with his father and even the subplot at the end of finding his father made the movie drag on, it made the pace way off, and it destroyed Wonka's character completely, as previous to this, he seemed almost other-worldly. The remake was a completely unnecessary and disappointing effort. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 23, 2009, 10:00 am

Napoleon Dynamite - Movie Series
I was the last person to see this movie and maybe if I hadn't been, I might have liked it a lot more. But everyone was quoting those lines..."Your mom goes to college." "Is she hot?" "Whatever I feel like. Gosh..." And then I saw the movie and they're nowhere nearly as interestingly used as I thought they might be. Also, they only make sense within the movie! This is not a one-liner movie like Anchorman or those types of movies. I said that I think I might have found it a good movie had I seen it before all the hype, but I kind of doubt that. I don't think it was as much of a good movie as people seem to think it is. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 23, 2009, 9:55 am

Mighty Ducks, The - Movie Series
Probably the best Disney movie series ever. Also, a rare occasion where I think the sequel was superior to the original. The original was a classic though. And III wasn't so bad either. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 23, 2009, 9:52 am

Invader Zim - TV Shows
This show didn't last nearly long enough. Unfortunately, it was lost in the SpongeBob wake. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 23, 2009, 9:23 am

I Love Lucy - TV Shows
Every sitcom following it owes its life to I Love Lucy. Not only in the style and delivery and production technique, but also in the fact that Lucille Ball was one of the first truly funny women on television who got to do a consistently excellent sitcom where she was not simply the housewife/mother/stay-at-home domestic. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 23, 2009, 9:22 am

Hey Arnold! - TV Shows
I think for Nicktoons, top of the list was and still is Hey Arnold. Great storytelling, an eccentric central character, and a lot of great plotlines. It even has one of the most touching sequences I've seen: Mr. Nguyen is looking for his daughter and on Christmas Eve, Arnold manages to bring her back to the boarding house. I think I saw that when I was twelve or thirteen and it made me cry. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 23, 2009, 9:20 am

NES (Nintendo Entertainment System) - Random Topics
Kitchenbreak, those kinds of comments make me feel old. We are dating ourselves with things like that. I agree though, it was a great console. It reminds of a simpler time when we weren't so hung up on games because people still went outside and got fresh air and exercise. These were rainy day activities. -- Submitted By: (MCS) on July 23, 2009, 12:21 am

Jesse Jackson - Celebrities
Jesse Jackson is a part of the problem and not a part of the solution. Always has been always will be. -- Submitted By: (MCS) on July 23, 2009, 12:06 am

Thomas and Friends - TV Shows
The series was very good up to the point where George Carlin stopped Narrating (Ringo Starr and George Carlin did phenomenal jobs at making the show magical), then suddenly, everything about it had changed. Suddenly, episodes were so lame and everything was dumbed down for the newer generation of kids. The series was also "Americanized" with a lot of British references and inspirations removed (which doesn't make sense because that's where the show originated) -- Submitted By: (Skelly) on July 22, 2009, 11:28 pm

Metallica - Music Groups
Ugh, the Napster incident describes them (and everything wrong with the music industry) in general. Greedy, moneygrubbing fan-alienating douchebags. -- Submitted By: (Skelly) on July 22, 2009, 10:40 pm

H.R. Pufnstuf - TV Shows
"...the brown acid that is circulating around us isn't too good. It is suggested that you stay away from that. Of course it's your own trip. So be my guest..." -- Submitted By: (BrewMaster) on July 22, 2009, 10:33 pm

George Lopez - TV Shows
Constance Marie - chock full of MILFy goodness -- Submitted By: (BrewMaster) on July 22, 2009, 10:21 pm

Jay Leno - Celebrities
I always thought Stern was just a whiner when he said that Jay stole material from him. Then I read he had hired Stuttering John as his announcer on the internet. I immediately just wrote it off as a hoax. I mean, who would be so moronic as to hire a stutterer for their announcer? Then I saw it being reported in the legitimate news and just couldn't believe it. I guess Howard was right all along. -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on July 22, 2009, 10:01 pm

Eric Braeden - Celebrities
Anybody see him in "Escape from the Planet of the Apes"? He guns down a female chimpanzee and her baby in cold blood. Played an excellent S.O.B. in that one. -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on July 22, 2009, 9:53 pm

Quentin Tarantino - Celebrities
I'd say "Death Proof". Either I outgrew Tarantino dialogue or he just can't write convincing dialogue for women.... probably both, I guess. When the viewer starts rooting for the bad guy (instead of the girls that Tarantino wants you to like), you have failed. -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on July 22, 2009, 9:50 pm

Jeri Ryan - Celebrities
I'm sorry I didn't think to nominate her as a Patron Saint in time. Because whenever Jeri Ryan is added to a show, you know they're all out of ideas and the show is at its end. Jeri is also directly responsible for Barack Obama being President; I hope that's not an ill-omen of the next four years. -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on July 22, 2009, 9:35 pm

Dharma & Greg - TV Shows
Straight laced conservative guy marries free-spirited hippie girl. Wow! what an original idea! We never saw any Odd Couples like that before! -- Submitted By: (BrewMaster) on July 22, 2009, 9:15 pm

Father of the Pride - TV Shows
The only funny part was Siegfried and Roy with Matt Lauer. And they weren't the focal point, so that was a problem. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 22, 2009, 6:23 pm

ALF - TV Shows
ALF was a fun show. It from a time when one could still take a simple premise (i.e., Alien crashes into the Garage of an ordinary (perhaps even boring) family) and run with it. Yes, of the best episodes, a lot are from the first season. However, I think it was still good even toward the end. The birth of Eric could have been a BTF moment but from what I remember, he didn't become the focus of show. He made appearances in the episodes but this was Alf's show so Eric was usually in the background. The last episode was a horrible way to end the series. However as I remember people pointing out on the old board, they were going to have an episode where they rescued ALF and I assume give him a true send off. The only real ending I can think of that would have worked and kept with the spirit of this show would have been ALF going back to his people but taking the Tanners with him. Then they'd be the Alien Life Forms and who knows what hilarity would ensue. -- Submitted By: (ExplodingConsole) on July 22, 2009, 6:22 pm

Calvin and Hobbes - Random Topics
I think the world is missing something without new Calvin and Hobbes strips every week. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 22, 2009, 6:20 pm

Legend of Zelda, The - Random Topics
The Zelda series is one of the best series, hands-down, probably Nintendo's best-quality work. It has been the most consistent over the years with hard a mis-step, A Link to the Past being one of the greatest game achievements ever. My Fishbone to pick is with Wind Waker. Initially they released a teaser trailer with amazing realistic-looking graphics, in the vein (but a vast improvement) of Ocarina/Majora, even more so. Then, they did a complete 180 and released the cel-shaded, quirky Wind Waker. It was cute, almost too cute. But that wasn't the problem. The problems lay first of all in the story, full of holes and poorly thought out twists. Second, and perhaps worst of all, was in the game's adventure progression. The first two acts actually really build up well, and then it's all destroyed with the completely unnecessary third act where you have to sail around for-what-seems-like-ever collecting Triforce pieces from the bottom of the ocean. Awful, awful, awful. Poorly, poorly thought out. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 22, 2009, 6:15 pm

Criminal Minds - TV Shows
Love this show. It's intelligent and much more superior to the CSI franchise. -- Submitted By: (Stephanie) on July 22, 2009, 4:28 pm

V (1984) - TV Shows
Ah the "Star Child" remember what a lame plot device that was? I guess the Battlestar Galactica writers forgot how hard that boned the fish when they wrote their lousy final season of Battlestar Galactica..... Red Dust Red Dust!! -- Submitted By: (Chubby Rain) on July 22, 2009, 1:12 pm

Criminal Minds - TV Shows
A lot of people disregard Criminal Minds as one of the many variations of the CSI franchise craze. However, in many, many ways, Criminal Minds is vastly superior to any of the CSI's and any of the other variations out there. First, the cast is amazing. They are all great actors and entirely believable as well as compatible. The writing on the show is excellent. While the time frame of an episode is always going to be an issue with crimefighting shows (I mean, there are serial killer investigations that go on for years, even now, still unsolved, and these guys do it in a matter of hours, maybe days at the most) there is a lot of credibility and believability to the resources of the cast and the capabilities of behavioral analysis. Only once have I seen a character (Hotchner) spout off a "show-offy" type of behavioral summary of a person. Lastly, the filming of the show is engaging and very akin to storytelling. CSI's violent re-creation cam of how a crime took place or highlighting details of a bullet penetration for instance, is recounted in horrific graphic detail, with massively gross sound effects, jarring camera angles, and a highly unnecessary filter. Criminal Minds has a more, I feel, interesting way of having one of the agents talk-through a crime as the commitment of the crime is replayed around them. The show just has a lot more of its elements in place and has yet to become a parody of itself like CSI has. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 22, 2009, 1:05 pm

Colbert Report, The - TV Shows
I was highly encouraging when Colbert Report first showed up. It was a welcome change from The Daily Show and Colbert and always been one of my favorite anchors on Daily Show, along with Carell, Corddry, and currently, John Oliver. At first, the character of an ultra-Christian, conservative, right-wing news pundit was very funny to watch for me. But I think after about three seasons, the joke ran its course and everyone began to catch on. I think the character itself has also become less consistent and it's nowadays more or less Colbert himself sitting in the anchor chair. The reason I think it fails ultimately as a show is the same reason the original Daily Show with Kilborn was ultimately unsuccessful: you can't just watch one guy doing the same thing five nights a week for six seasons and not get tired of it. On the current Daily Show, Stewart has an amazingly talented group of co-anchors and correspondents. On Colbert, if he jumps to anything, it's still about him. He's a one-man news and comedy machine and the lack of variety has ultimately hurt him because he is not actually a news show. O'Reilly can get away with it because he's just doing the news (sort of). Colbert is essentially doing a stand-up routine that hasn't really changed for six years. I think the show is ultimately running on its early success and hype and its pretty rabid core fanbase who make Colbert out to be a hero although truthfully, he seems to have become part of the media blitz and belligerence he once parodied. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 22, 2009, 12:58 pm

CatDog - TV Shows
I think this is where cartoons in general took a turn for me. CatDog was loud and brash and really had no subtlety to its humor, leading to a lot more loud-mouthed and smart-ass characters in cartoons. Plus, how does he use that bathroom. HOW!? -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 22, 2009, 12:48 pm

West Wing, The - TV Shows
I don't think West Wing ever made it a secret that it was a left-leaning show. I think considering the odor wafting from Fox News nearly 24-hours a day in addition to West Wing's last few seasons corresponding to the Bush administration, West Wing was a welcome left-wing change. I loved the cast of the show and the writing was some of the smartest on television. It's too bad Sorkin couldn't capture the magic of this show again with Studio 60. He had the writing chops still, but the acting and the audience just wasn't there for it. West Wing on the other hand, for a while was pretty realistic and later it moved away from that but still remained miles above the writing of any other show on television. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 22, 2009, 12:45 pm

Brady Bunch, The - TV Shows
I loved the Brady Bunch growing up. I understand the hate thrown towards Cousin Oliver but honestly, the show was sinking at least a season before that. The Hawaii mini-arc killed it for me. The fact that it was a mini-arc alone killed it for me. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 22, 2009, 12:42 pm

Lie to Me - TV Shows
I think the first few episodes, where they had to introduce the concept of micro-expressions and had everyone reading each other constantly was an unfortunate but necessary part of giving exposition to the show. Now, it's more in the background, the audience understands what the main characters are looking for more now and they don't try to read each other as much. Or at least, they don't announce it every five seconds. "Oop! You're lying!" "Oh! Was that fear I saw?" The writing's gotten a lot cleaner and the relationships of the characters are really strong. Plus, I think the acting on the show is just awesome. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 22, 2009, 12:39 pm

JumptheShark.com - Websites
Here is the last comment on there... For some reason, my wonderful poem was deleted. As a favor to readers, let me re-post it: There once was a fella named Timmy Molloy Who suits up in Radnor did choose to employ. Their mission was clear; their mission was dark They wanted to "fix" the site "Jump the Shark." And Timmy obeyed, just like sheep in their flocks; He'd seen what had happened to poor Erin Fox. So change it they did, like a prince to a frog They turned it into a "what's on TV" blog. A once proud, great site, now but , alas, it's gone dark C'mon, TV Guide, give us back "Jump the Shark!" I made a few changes, for the better, I think you'll agree. Bye! -- Submitted By: (Chubby Rain) on July 22, 2009, 10:08 am

JumptheShark.com - Websites
I noticed that the JTS site has still no new content? Also all of the recent comments about JTS sucking have been removed from the last TV blog "article" Really makes you wonder what is going on at this trainwreck! -- Submitted By: (Chubby Rain) on July 22, 2009, 10:07 am

Little Caesars - Random Topics
Not the best pizza by any stretch, but acceptable quality for the price. Good deal to feed a bunch of kids. -- Submitted By: (BrewMaster) on July 22, 2009, 8:48 am

Bob Newhart Show, The - TV Shows
I agree about Bob. I mean, few if any other performers could have said his lines and gotten the reactions he does-even when he was having one-sided phone conversations! But, it helped the show a great deal that ALL the supporting regulars were more than talented enough to play multi-dimensional, likable yet still very humourous characters even though they were considerably zanier than Bob. How many shows these days even have ONE performer (or character) who fits the above criteria any more? -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on July 22, 2009, 7:33 am

Newhart! - TV Shows
TOTALLY agree about the ending, BrewMaster- and we can thank Ginny(Mrs. Bob) Newhart for thinking of it! Of course how Bob, the late Miss Pleshette and the rest of the "Newhart!" crew managed to pull it off without the studio or home audiences being tipped off in advance was nothing short of military strategy at its best! -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on July 22, 2009, 7:25 am

Power Rangers (original) - TV Shows
I was in High School when this show first started. While that might be older then the target audience, if anything it let me relate somewhat to the characters. I didn't watch the show right from the beginning but eventually started. I think it was during the Green Ranger arc. Power Rangers was a guilty pleasure. I was embarrassed to admit I watched it even on the occasion someone at school brought it up. However, despite issues like the special effects being less then stellar, the plots being repetitive, the cast wearing the same colour clothes as their ranger colour and the fact that they trashed the city in what felt like every episode yet people kept living there it was still as I said, a guilt pleasure. Sort of a show that was enjoyable as long as you didn't take it seriously and just had fun with it. The first change of cast was when I think it started going downhill. It was still all right but that was a point after which it just wasen't going to be the same. I seem to remember losing interest shortly after the movie when the show had an arc that reflected the changes the movie made. The only one that I can remember is the black ranger's Zord being a frog. -- Submitted By: (ExplodingConsole) on July 21, 2009, 11:02 pm

Newhart! - TV Shows
Best...Finale...EVER -- Submitted By: (BrewMaster) on July 21, 2009, 9:02 pm

Californication - TV Shows
David Duchovney is egotistical and it completely shows through on this show. It had promise in its premise, but then I saw Duchovney was attached to the project and predictably, the show went south fast for me. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 21, 2009, 8:35 pm

Twitter - Websites
I can't believe this site is even popular. It is a freaking Facebook status site for computer-addicted people who want to report that they ate an orange 4 minutes ago. -- Submitted By: (Skelly) on July 21, 2009, 6:35 pm

Jeri Ryan - Celebrities
Her Senator Husband tried to Pimp her out at swingers parties in Illinois... Her Fish Got BONED.... -- Submitted By: (Chubby Rain) on July 21, 2009, 6:27 pm

In the long running of a show, I think there's bound to be changes and missteps along the way. Characters change, plots change, relationships change, sometimes for the better, sometimes for worse. I think it's difficult to say that there is any sort of continuity for the Simpsons to have destroyed. I think the characters have remained essentially the same though occasionally more exaggerated. I think the show has become more unrealistic in its portrayal but I for one enjoy the fact that it's taking advantage of it being a cartoon. I think every season has alternately been regarded as the best and the worst of the show (my argument for the best seasons are 4-6 and 8-10. I'm also one of the few who seems to be enjoying the show post-movie). I think that the show overall still makes me laugh and the characters still surprise me, therefore, I don't think it's boned quite yet. I think that when the show finally comes to an end (apparently after its 21st or 22nd season?) it won't be going out on top of its game, but it will definitely be remembered as one of the best of all time. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 21, 2009, 1:16 pm

Rugrats - TV Shows
I agree wholeheartedly. Dil was the final straw. I could handle Susie, even though it never seemed to me that the babies were outmatched by Angelica, but Dil just ruined much of the dynamic of the show. Previous to this, Rugrats was wonderful. It was funny and fun. The babies went on the greatest adventures, so similar to the ones I went on as a kid, when everything seemed so big and "grow'd-ups" seemed to talk so strangely. In the end, I think it was simply the fact that the main audience for the Rugrats had gotten too old by then and when Dil arrived and stayed, it only marked how juvenile the show still was. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 21, 2009, 1:10 pm

Rocky and Bullwinkle Show, The - TV Shows
A special place in my heart for this gem of a cartoon, arguably the king of them all. Funny, smart, bold, and paced, this show had all the successful elements in the right place at the right time. The side-segments were a great set (Peabody and his boy Sherman, Dudley Do-Right, Aesop, Fairy Tales, Commander McBragg) and laid the way for shows in a similar format later on (the most successful probably being The Animaniacs). I think Looney Tunes laid a foundation for other cartoons to build on but Rock and Bullwinkle was a true mark of ingenuity and was definitely a cornerstone for all future cartoons. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 21, 2009, 1:07 pm

Rocko's Modern Life - TV Shows
To be the first show out of the Nicktoons gate following the Original Three is a tough spot to be in and I think any other show would have failed miserably. Rocko has some very funny characters and had a great writing staff. My favorite episode is Zanzibar/Fatal Contraption. The first part is a musical about O-Town taking on the Big-O Conglomerate about the pollution it causes ("R-E-C-Y-C-L-E Recycle!" "I don't know the words to the song!") and the second is a complete departure where Rocko buys a food processor. There is no spoken dialogue, only music, and it reminded me of the classic cartoons done entirely to music like Tom & Jerry and some Loony Tunes. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 21, 2009, 1:02 pm

Robot Chicken - TV Shows
Hilarious show. It's essentially Kablam and sketch comedy. And it's not like SNL where they have a joke and it becomes a five-minute sketch where the punchline is repeatedly jammed down our throats and then the ending is flimsy and awkward. Robot Chicken delivers a sight gag, or a single line of dialogue, with each vignette getting barely enough time to register in our brains. The longer sketches are good too, often parodies or combined parodies, skewering two different pop culture references simultaneously. I think there's some awkward misses and the show is definitely not appealing to everyone but I find it fresh and funny. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 21, 2009, 12:57 pm

Reno 911! - TV Shows
After five strong and hilarious seasons with the original cast unchanged (with the exception of the addition of Deputy Kimball, a very welcome and funny addition) I was nervous for the top of the sixth season when it was shown that Clementine, Garcia, and Kimball, had been written out of the show, with no explanation really, even within the show, it's offhandedly mentioned by Dangle that they died i the fire at the end of the previous season. I think I would've been fine with the remaining deputies continuing on without them. There's this new Asian secretary who's become a funnier character to me, and several standbys are still funny, like Terry. They have some new ones that aren't clicking though, and most of all, the two new deputies are terrible. Truglio's Rizzo is obnoxious and has very little screen time anyway. What he does have he doesn't make much use of. Roberts' Declan is completely the opposite. He's a screenhog, he has to fill every available moment with his incessant chatter, and he is not funny. So that throws them off and with the loss of original members Garcia and Clemmy, the remaining original cast (Dangle, Junior, Jones, Williams, and Weigel) can't seem to get it back together. The sixth season did not make me laugh once. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 21, 2009, 12:54 pm

Brothers and Sisters - TV Shows
I love Sally Field and Calista Flockhart. I think they're both wonderful actresses. I think the show started off well enough and the first season was relatively Bone-free. But as soon as I noticed in the second season that every frikkin' episode had to have two siblings mad at each other, which escalated to everyone siding, which culminated in a huge dinner table or kitchen fight, it just got old. I could forgive the Walker mistress and illegitimate child plotline and I found the Iraq War/youngest brother plotline very touching, but the fighting just got old. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 21, 2009, 12:46 pm

Boy Meets World - TV Shows
I think the show had very difficult footing a lot of the time. I think it became a lot of different opinions being thrown into one narrative. Eric used to be very intelligent. Then I feel like someone said, "Oh, it was really funny when Eric acted really stupid here..." so as the series progressed they had to make him dumber and dumber for the laughs they were getting. They had this sort of odd best friend for Cory, a kid from a broken home, something you don't often see on television, and then for a while, to capitalize on this "genius" character, they made Shawn really angry and angsty and it was too much too often. Everyone really loved Feeny and so everyone thought, well, he's a teacher so he can just teach. For some reason, being a grade school principal qualifies him to teach college level...English? I can't even remember what he taught! Haha...Anyway, the was variously inconsistent considering how shorts run actually was. I can understand huge missteps in a long-running show like Simpsons, but Boy Meets World? Eh. It was funny early on, then it just got ridiculous. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 21, 2009, 12:43 pm

Blackadder - TV Shows
Awesome, awesome, awesome British show. Rowan Atkinson's only other really successful character, to be honest. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 21, 2009, 12:39 pm

Bob Newhart Show, The - TV Shows
Bob Newhart could very well be the funniest man alive. Probably the nicest man alive too. Anyway, this show, is so charmingly different from other shows I remember watching at the time. It was a funny cast with a straight-man protagonist, something I don't see all that often. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 21, 2009, 12:38 pm

Bewitched - TV Shows
It was so awkward. The two Dick's didn't even look alike. And Sargeant didn't hold a candle to York. It changed the dynamic of the show completely. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 21, 2009, 12:36 pm

Batman: The Animated Series - TV Shows
Awesome, awesome, awesome. Mark Hamill as the Joker. What more needs to be said? Well, the animation was top-notch and the Batman character was (and obviously still is) very compelling. Probably one of my favorite cartoons ever. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 21, 2009, 12:35 pm

Batman Beyond - TV Shows
They've never needed a new Batman for the comics. It didn't need to happen on TV. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 21, 2009, 12:34 pm

Avengers, The - TV Shows
As far as I'm concerned, the years Diana Rigg was on the show were the best and they should essentially be considered its own show. The years prior are awkward and badly paced. Honor Blackman (MacNee's partner just prior to Rigg) is essentially a bitch. She doesn't have any chemistry with MacNee. Rigg was both a business woman and a feminist while still being compelling, flirty, and sexy. On top of that, MacNee and Rigg just had an amazing repartee. They made the show's flimsy suspension of disbelief bearable and even charming. It was camp without being totally campy. Everything after Rigg is just difficult to watch. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 21, 2009, 12:33 pm

Are You Being Served? - TV Shows
My introduction to British sitcom tomfoolery, I get a lot of gratification nowadays out of watching reruns and DVD's because originally, I only understood sight gags and slapstick. Also, Mrs. Slocombe's accent made me laugh as well as Mr. Humphrey's cartoonish nature. Now, re-watching it, I get the genius of the double-entendre, the sexual situations and misunderstandings, Slocombe's hiding of a lower-class breeding, and Humphrey's sexual ambiguity. Genius show, and despite the cast changes, what remained a strong ensemble piece. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 21, 2009, 12:29 pm

Aqua Teen Hunger Force - TV Shows
I love the Hunger Force. Random-ass show, to be sure, but one of the best on the old Adult Swim line-ups (and definitely one of the best 15-minute shows). I will say though, I was saddened when Dr. Weird was written out of the show. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 21, 2009, 12:26 pm

Animaniacs - TV Shows
I can't think of a single weak point of this awesome show. Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, Histeria, Freakazoid, and The Tick: the animated series of my post-Nicktoon days as a kid. These were the cartoons I got up for on Saturday morning with my bowl of cereal. Animaniacs though, (and Histeria too but it was the intended purpose of the show to educate) taught me so much without ever feeling like I was learning. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 21, 2009, 12:25 pm

Angry Beavers, The - TV Shows
The Angry Beavers was one of the more successful Nicktoons that came out after the Original Three (Rugrats, Doug, Ren & Stimpy). It was arguably more successful than Real Monsters though probably behind Hey Arnold in most people's eyes. However, the charm of Angry Beavers was a lot more of that double-layered narrative that both parents and kids could relate to watching the show, something that was never really attempted by Nickelodeon again until SpongeBob Squarepants. The Beavers I think were kind of cool in that they were perceived as "older" characters. Doug, the babies, Ren & Stimpy, Arnold, the Monsters, and Eliza Thornberry a couple years later, all were (or seemed) very young. The Beavers, since they were living alone (thrown out by their parents in the opening) seem at least teenaged, and cool. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 21, 2009, 12:22 pm

All in the Family - TV Shows
Excellent show. I think, first of all, the kids leaving had a very little effect on the working of the show. Archie Bunker was and still is one of the most complex characters on TV. He was definitely more complicated than most other protagonists at the time and still is one of the most interesting and analyzed today. It was a brilliant show and it led to two equally successful spin-offs; something few shows can lay claim to. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 21, 2009, 12:16 pm

Aaahh!!! Real Monsters - TV Shows
It was such an offbeat, off-color Nicktoon when it came out, but it found an interesting medium between the colorful, obnoxious, gross-out humor of Ren & Stimpy and Rocko's Modern Life but retained the charm and characters you sort of cared about found in Rugrats and Doug. It did not last long enough in my opinion. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on July 21, 2009, 12:13 pm

Wonder Woman - TV Shows
A crossover would have been awesome, but Isis would be way cooler. -- Submitted By: (ChrissyM) on July 21, 2009, 8:40 am

LOGAN'S RUN - TV Shows
I noticed those supped up golf cart Hovercraft & Sandmen "cars" kicked up alot of dust in about all 14 episodes. It was drier than my comment. -- Submitted By: (ChrissyM) on July 21, 2009, 8:36 am

Monday Night Football - TV Shows
The Kiss Intro I wanna hear it Loud Rocked so did the Howard Sucks Posters during the PATs. -- Submitted By: (ChrissyM) on July 21, 2009, 8:24 am

Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries - TV Shows
Season 2 opener in a spooky castle w Arty Johnson, barely the D - list. -- Submitted By: (ChrissyM) on July 21, 2009, 8:21 am

Andromeda - TV Shows
Supporting cast outshined the handsome straightman, Capt. Michael Dylan Hunt. MIKE HUNT, PAGING MIKE HUNT. -- Submitted By: (ChrissyM) on July 21, 2009, 8:19 am

Jerry Springer Show, The - TV Shows
This shopw used to good the mid-late 90s, but since 2000 it has all been downhill. -- Submitted By: (MilwaukeeMak) on July 21, 2009, 5:34 am

Global warming - Random Topics
Also on the follow up to my cold winter comments, it has been a very mild summer- no raelly hot days. It's funny how now that it isnt heating up, now it's climate change. When did the weather always stay the same? Dont we have "climate change" hourly in some places? It's CALLED THE WEATHER!! -- Submitted By: (Chubby Rain) on July 21, 2009, 3:28 am

Get a Life - TV Shows
Long Live Wallet Boy! -- Submitted By: (BrewMaster) on July 20, 2009, 9:01 pm

Global warming - Random Topics
Santa Claus Easter Bunny Global Warming Mythological devices used to bend children and adherents to childish political philosophies to your will -- Submitted By: (BrewMaster) on July 20, 2009, 8:27 pm

Pokemon - Random Topics
Started with 150, currently ,what, 30,000 by now? -- Submitted By: (BrewMaster) on July 20, 2009, 7:40 pm

Angelina Jolie - Celebrities
Any female defiled by Billy-Bob Thornton is permanently un-hot and forever boned. -- Submitted By: (BrewMaster) on July 20, 2009, 7:35 pm

Quiznos - Random Topics
Hey guys, don't forget their other disgusting ad, the one with the man suckling a wolf: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APbUGnt2DaM -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on July 20, 2009, 6:58 pm

Charlie's Angels - TV Shows
All six of the girls were great.i think that they all did a great job with their roles. I really got into this show in High School. -- Submitted By: (JohnnyRocket42) on July 20, 2009, 1:27 pm

Dawn Lyn - Celebrities
Hey JoeBagODonuts, Newsflash We all think Rebecca is Dawn Lyn. She's trying to get on a reality show by getting her name back out there. There's no such thing as bad publicity. It's obvious that Rebecca is not a real person. Sorry but I also think Dawn Lyn sucked from the start. -- Submitted By: (JohnnyRocket42) on July 20, 2009, 10:22 am

Dawn Lyn - Celebrities
My dearest (JoblessBagOCrap)You couldn't pay me to own a photo of the worst kid on television. I know nothing about her other then she was beyond annoying. We are all just hoping that she will write in. -- Submitted By: (Rebecca) on July 20, 2009, 9:56 am

Brady Bunch Hour, The - TV Shows
I don't know what was worse this or the cartoon Brady Kids w/ what looked like the film cells from the Archies & the Josie & the Pussycats recycled & maybe even the Partridge Family cartoon art?-Cheapos -- Submitted By: (ChrissyM) on July 20, 2009, 7:54 am

Star Trek: Deep Space 9 - TV Shows
Wasn't there an obligatory Baseball episode the team was called the "Niners" - "Losers" would have been a better fit & Quark had every right to be paranoid when he couln't find Odo - then Quark yelled out "What's that Odor!" & Odo says It's no odor, it's me Odo, I've morphed into your Jockstrap this past week Quark and you never found me. & Quark then says Oh I knew you were there all the time baby. -- Submitted By: (ChrissyM) on July 20, 2009, 7:43 am