Keith Olbermann - Celebrities
I'll have to check it out for myself when I get the chance. Very stupid if that is true. -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on May 26, 2010, 8:34 pm

Mitch Hedberg - Celebrities
Mitch Hedberg has to be one of the greatest stand up comics of all time. -- Submitted By: (JBird) on May 26, 2010, 4:09 pm

Barack Obama II - Celebrities
I said before that Obama hadn't had that BTF moment yet... now he has. His slow, dumb, and flat-out deceitful response to the BP Deepwater Horizon oil spill was the breaking point. -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on May 26, 2010, 2:45 pm

MTV: Music Television - Random Topics
There is just way too much to tell here. I believe the first non-music based show they put on was a game show called "Remote Control" and it just went downhill from there. This was also marathoned to death like MTV loves to do which ruins everything if you don't like the program that they shove down your throat. A critic just noticed that "Jersey Shore" isn't anything special, it's just that MTV keeps playing which makes an artifical buzz. In the 80's I liked being surprised by which video they would show next and weren't limited to one genre of music. Rock, rap, new wave, etc. It didn't matter, I just wanted to see a fun music video and not just focus on one type of music. -- Submitted By: (JamesO) on May 26, 2010, 12:59 pm

You Can't Do That on Television - TV Shows
I really loved the fact that YCDTOTV was a show made for kids of the "forgotten" age group of 13 - 17 years old. It dealt with topics that were relevent to kids and made it humurous without being preachy. I admit it wasn't as good as it was when Christine, Lisa and many other original cast members that left by 1986 but it was still good enough for kids to watch and relate to. Long live green slime! -- Submitted By: (gagedesoto) on May 26, 2010, 12:43 pm

Target - Random Topics
I tried to walk into Target but I missed. Damn. - Mitch Hedberg -- Submitted By: (JBird) on May 26, 2010, 12:34 pm

Emergency! - TV Shows
Okay, let me get this straight. You think that this show boned the fish because of one little girl's appearance? Really? You can't be serious about that. I watched Emergency! when it originally aired and have the series on dvd and I want to say that it NEVER boned the fish. The drama, the humor, the medical jargon and a wonderful cast made this show one of the few shows ever made that never went downhill. Even towards the end when basically it was only featuring Randolph Mantooth and Kevin Tighe, it was still at it's best. To say that Emergency! boned because of one person's appearance is an exaggeration to say the least. You don't like Dawn Lyn, that's fine but don't say the show was ruined because of it. -- Submitted By: (gagedesoto) on May 26, 2010, 12:32 pm

Home Alone - Movie Series
Home Alone 3 and Home Alone 4 were just terrible. Home Alone Boned at Home alone 3. Home Alone 4 was just an awful sequel not because it didn't contain Macaulay Culkin, it was because of not a name brand cast and it still took place during the same time the first two had taken place. The real boning point was that in Home Alone 4 the police cars were 1980s models. The Series should have stopped at 2. -- Submitted By: (JBird) on May 26, 2010, 12:24 pm

Nadya "Octomom" Suleman - Celebrities
She boned from the get-go - she's nuttier than squirrel turds and an attention whore of the worst kind. -- Submitted By: (BigAl) on May 26, 2010, 12:11 pm

Keith Olbermann - Celebrities
Update to my last post. I just found out that he bans everyone from his twitter feed who even try to disagree with him. That's pretty sad if it's true. If it's just nonsense trollers it would be one thing but he regularly bans those who disagree or ask questions he doesn't want to hear. -- Submitted By: (JamesO) on May 26, 2010, 12:05 pm

Rolling Stones, The - Music Groups
I remember "Love is Strong" in the early 90's where in the video they're giants walking around the city. But yeah, "Start Me Up" was their last truly great hit. They could change their name to "Dead Men Walking" If the Beatles were able to stay together it would have been something similar. Known for their earlier stuff and just put out mediocre albums and tour to make more money since they can. -- Submitted By: (JamesO) on May 26, 2010, 12:01 pm

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Music Groups
CCR is possibly one of the best bands ever -- Submitted By: (JBird) on May 26, 2010, 7:25 am

NickelBack - Music Groups
Here is how one person on a message board summed up Nickleback songs... 1) Something involving drugs, sex and/or result of something drugs or sex related Woke up this morning With a stranger in my bed Can't remember last night There's an echo in my head 2) Take it up a notch and give the douchers what they want: curse words!: There's no damn good reason Why I keep living like this My ship is out of control Can't tell where it all ends 3) Throw a catchy chorus melody out there and couple it with the "I don't care" attitude of a fifteen year old: I'm flyin' like a bullet Headed straigh for hell Way past the bullseye I might as well... 4) In the middle of the chorus, hook them with drugs, sex, curse words, and the "I don't care" attitude all at once: Drugs Sex Rock N Roll Cool Don't give a **** Cause there are no rules -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on May 26, 2010, 4:22 am

Buzz Aldrin - Celebrities
And appearing last week on WWE programming, obviously drunk out of his mind. What the hell is happening with him?!? -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on May 26, 2010, 4:19 am

Citizens Commission on Human Rights - Random Topics
Founded by $cientoligists. Enough said! -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on May 26, 2010, 4:15 am

Hugh Hefner - Celebrities
He is charismatic and everything, but the act he does makes him look like a creepy old man now. -- Submitted By: (johnnydough) on May 26, 2010, 12:41 am

Atkins Diet, the - Random Topics
Let me quote (or paraphrase) Penn & Teller: "Try out our new Penn & Teller bullshit diet! You sit there and not eat anything for the next twenty-four minutes and...... it works just as well as all those other bullshit diets out there." Any diet that forbids me from having my pasta, rice and flat bread can go suck on a fish bone. -- Submitted By: (johnnydough) on May 25, 2010, 8:54 pm

Sports Night - TV Shows
Baldrick, I don't think you're correct about the laugh track. I think the laugh track was with the show when it started and as it progressed they turned down the volume and by the second season it was gone. It was horribly out of place and awkward if I remember correctly, so I was pretty relieved when they got rid of it. I think Aaron Sorkin never wanted a laugh track, but ABC had a policy at the time with their sitcoms that they were required to have a laugh track. Since they considered Sports Night one (though it was more of a dramady), it had to have one until they were smart enough to let them take it off, but by then it was too late. -- Submitted By: (kingbk) on May 25, 2010, 5:33 pm

American Idol - TV Shows
I'll admit this show was a guilty pleasure of mine, but I've hated this season. The contestants are terrible, the judges are more annoying than usual, Ellen, who I find for the most part to be a pretty funny and nice person, is not a good fit for the show, Simon has been phoning it in since it's his last season, the audience seems more subdued, Ryan seems bored, it's just getting stale. I think it's time to kill this show, but since it still gets high ratings they'll keep it around, but it's on the decline and with Simon leaving (he's the only reason I continue watching), that'll only speed it up. -- Submitted By: (kingbk) on May 25, 2010, 4:21 pm

In Search of... - TV Shows
I remember this show from when Leonard Nimoy did the narration. It was kind of a cool a forerunner of a whole class of shows: "Urban Legends" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_Legends_%28television%29 ; "Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction" and "Ripley's Believe It or Not!". In Search of... had less stress on entertainment and more effort on the credibility front. Some clever network should pick up the rights for a song and relaunch it with another narrator. Maybe someone like... what's Bernard Shaw doing these days? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Shaw_%28journalist%29 -- Submitted By: (baldrick) on May 25, 2010, 3:11 pm

Duckman - TV Shows
Oh yeah! "You Put Your Down Down and Thrust Your Pelvis! Uh!" Duckman Rules! THAT was great irreverent humor. It wasn't the best looking animation style by a long chalk but it puts a few recent high-budget shows to shame. Never Boned. -- Submitted By: (baldrick) on May 25, 2010, 2:55 pm

Baby Bob - TV Shows
I don't recall that I ever caught more than three or four episodes of Baby Bob before it was yanked to oblivion. The five main actors were all people that I'd liked elsewhere and it made me chuckle. The talking baby idea was, of course, played to death under another brand by that time. However, in THIS show, they were actually making the magic happen. The guy from Herman's Head was perfectly cast to voice the baby, also, they didn't try to let the baby gimmick carry all the laughs. The rest of the family and the sitter made things interesting too. Lets' say "Well executed version" but poor timing! -- Submitted By: (baldrick) on May 25, 2010, 2:28 pm

David Spade - Celebrities
David Spade was at his best when he played the straight man to Chris Farley's antics. Without Farley to play off of, Spade's humor looks forced and awkward. Like Kimmel and many other comedians, Spade is at his best in a sidekick/second banana role. They both prove how hard it is to successfully pull off solo comedy. -- Submitted By: (kingbk) on May 25, 2010, 1:47 pm

Lost - TV Shows
Never boned. Glad it ended when it did. I thought the finale was perfect because I watched Lost for the characters and I thought the finale brought closure to their arcs, so for that reason I loved it. Sure, many of the island mysteries remained unsolved. What were the numbers about? Did Hurley and Ben in the end sink the island? What was the temple for? However, I think it was kind of cool to leave the ambiguity and let people come to their own conclusions. Good vs. evil, science vs. faith, second chances, redemption, all great themes in this show. Thanks for six wonderful seasons, Lost. -- Submitted By: (kingbk) on May 25, 2010, 11:40 am

Cleveland Show, The - TV Shows
Fox Please cancel this sick puppy -- Submitted By: (JBird) on May 25, 2010, 8:45 am

Sarah Jessica Parker - Celebrities
What is wrong with your face? -- Submitted By: (JBird) on May 25, 2010, 8:36 am

Mr. T - Celebrities
Mr. T. should pity father time for ending the 80's, as after that, he almost became irrelevant. -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on May 25, 2010, 6:50 am

David Spade - Celebrities
And he is funny because?!? -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on May 25, 2010, 6:48 am

Rocko's Modern Life - TV Shows
4th season. By this time, it was going downhill, but thankfully, the plug was pulled on it before its good name could really get trashed. -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on May 25, 2010, 6:45 am

Johnny Cash - Music Groups
Great country artist. I don't care much for country music, but Johnny Cash is one I will listen to more times than not if I do. -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on May 25, 2010, 6:42 am

YouTube Poops - Random Topics
You get a few clever ones, but like most things with comedy, Many people THINK they can do it, and utterly fail at it. -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on May 25, 2010, 6:41 am

Ricky Hatton - Celebrities
What did he do?!? Oh yeah, got his ass whipped by Paciquao and Mayweather. Sorry Britian, try and find a better boxer than this. -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on May 25, 2010, 6:40 am

Ghostbusters - Movie Series
Ok, the Ghostbusters defeat a some unholy god, despite making a bit of a mess of things, and going into the 2nd one, everyone forgets about it?!? Ok, I thought the 2nd movie was ok, but that big thing there, I can't get out of my head. If I was running NYC, and that happened, I give the Ghostbusters a license to go after and all ghosts regardless of what people say, not ban them from capturing ghosts. -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on May 25, 2010, 6:38 am

Isaiah Washington - Celebrities
Surprised the 2 who voted never boned forgot about his little "gay f-bomb" incident on a fellow actor. What has he done after that? Sure hasn't had much work. -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on May 25, 2010, 6:32 am

Hello Kitty - Random Topics
Ok, when you have some kiddy cartoon character being used for god knows what, it is beyond boned. -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on May 25, 2010, 6:29 am

Mike Tyson - Celebrities
Think of this. When Tyson was being trained by, and watched over by Cus D'Amato, he didn't have many problems. It was once he died, that Tyson's problems started snowballing into an avalanche. By the early 90's, yes, Tyson was a total wreck, and it got even worse. It looks like Tyson is now trying to make something of his life though. In terms of boning... Buster Douglas. After that, there were a few peaks, but that was when that avalanche was really rolling. -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on May 25, 2010, 6:25 am

NCIS - TV Shows
While it is one of the best shows on Television the writers have been working very hard on boning it this season. They may pull that off with the finale. They came close a few times earlier this season. -- Submitted By: (Paul1807) on May 24, 2010, 10:33 pm

Jimmy Kimmel - Celebrities
His "comedy" is a hybrid of typical modern age snarkyness mixed with 6th grad potty humor. He is at his best as a second banana or sidekick ("Win Ben Stein's Money, "The Man Show). He doesn't have enough talent to have a stage all to himself. -- Submitted By: (kingbk) on May 24, 2010, 9:16 pm

Short Circuit - Movie Series
Short Circuit was a surprisingly good little film. Short Circuit 2 was a typical weak sequel. When the third string sidekick is now the lead and everything that was kinda cute in the first film is now a cliche, there's not much left to admire. -- Submitted By: (baldrick) on May 24, 2010, 8:26 pm

Transformers - Movie Series
Aside from any other problems, they chose the wrong guy to shoot these films. Bay's style of putting the camera tight inside the action works for music videos, but, these larger-than-life Transformers need some "scope" so they don't just look like interchangeable bits of steel engine parts whizzing past one another. The actions scenes could have saved a film series like Transformers, instead, Bay made them a liability. The quality of the performances and a few clever bits of dialogue are not enough to salvage my boyhood toy stories on the big screen. -- Submitted By: (baldrick) on May 24, 2010, 8:17 pm

I Dream of Jeannie - TV Shows
A story about a genie needs to have restrictive elements or there's only about 24 minutes of story until "happily ever after..." or "the end of the world..." so we need to accept that Tony is too moral to "cheat" etc and whining about the examples each time is kinda pointless. Buy into each fictional reality or maybe don't bother following the show. I had no initial problem buying into ALF, Jeannie, Bewitched, Star Trekkers or Jedi, however, Lost, Mutant X, You Wish, Teen Angel or Surface just couldn't draw me so I passed. There's little value, say, in quibbling over Trek science like "artificial gravity" if you've watched the shows for more than 20 minutes - you just buy into it and move along. If they had suddenly said the device was running off a 9Volt Duracell after the seventh season of TNG, I might call that a Bone to pick at. A powerful sensual blond female wanting to make a straight healthy astronaut's life better against his orders was a comedy concept I bought into from Barbara Eden so I went along and enjoyed the ride. Now if Jeannie had suddenly become the Lieutenant Governor of Florida... Realistic Fantasy versus Stretched Credibility perhaps? -- Submitted By: (baldrick) on May 24, 2010, 4:08 pm

Peanut allergies - Random Topics
Pelirojo, I was merely describing a current state of affairs not endorsing a particular action. People need to reclaim ultimate responsibility for their own specialized needs though. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Severe_combined_immunodeficiency Kids are commonly forbidden to bring any peanut butter to school and, in some day care situations, parents must sign a pledge that their kids must be nut-free at home too in case any traces should remain. It's not labeling that concerns me, the more info the better, rather it's a strategy which would seem to have only dire counter-evolutionary results. A similar misguided strategy may be connected to the dramatic rise in childhood asthma rates, but, let's not digress. The world is a difficult environment and is not getting easier. To foster a fatal weakness into future generations is a poor tactic. Better to figure out how to switch off that gene in ourselves or to take the specific toxin out of the peanut crop. I'm sure there's an Aggie working on this in a university lab right now. Treating peanut butter as if it's the new Sarin is just crazy. An unscientific internet check shows that more people are at severe risk from bee stings (2%) than peanuts (0.4-0.6%), yet, bee-allergic people just tend to keep an EpiPen handy and try to avoid bees. -- Submitted By: (baldrick) on May 24, 2010, 3:22 pm

Mike Tyson - Celebrities
Ear Biting was a stat of a long line of problems. Mike Tyson was nothing more that a thug that got lucky and show he can blow opportunities. -- Submitted By: (scatcatpdx) on May 24, 2010, 2:22 pm

Earth Day - Random Topics
Earth Day is nothing more atan recycled 60's Socialist May day trash with 21st centytury yuppie cause of the day. -- Submitted By: (scatcatpdx) on May 24, 2010, 2:14 pm

NFL Today, The - TV Shows
the NFL today never boned the fish and i still remebered brent mustburger host the show -- Submitted By: (thedude19766) on May 24, 2010, 1:23 pm

Jimmy Kimmel Live! - TV Shows
few years ago jimmy had rosanne as the main guest but this is not the reason I will tell how JKL boned the fish,it BTF when jimmy had husband and wife clams that they see and hears the goast of John Lennon and they said lennon "made a new song" called wakko the clown! then after Jimmy called beatles proformance on AMA in 207 boring and they came back and this time not only they seen and hear the goast of lennon and now they seen the sprit of george harrison and already marriend to a new wife and a "another new song" callled jimmy is my hero! BTF and the husband and wife are nuts -- Submitted By: (thedude19766) on May 24, 2010, 1:22 pm

Jimmy Kimmel - Celebrities
his show sucks and he is god awful -- Submitted By: (thedude19766) on May 24, 2010, 1:11 pm

Salma Hayek - Celebrities
she never bones the fish and her tits is the tits from god -- Submitted By: (thedude19766) on May 24, 2010, 1:10 pm

Ronald Reagan - Celebrities
Never boned. I know some people don't like him, but in my mind he was the last great President we've had in modern times. -- Submitted By: (kingbk) on May 24, 2010, 7:51 am

Buffy The Vampire Slayer - TV Shows
"Never jumped. Definite decline in later seasons" - Um, that's what jumping/boning is! The point where a show starts to decline, not the point where it becomes unwatchable! I can't see a cliche moment where Buffy boned in any classic sense, however it was a show that eventually started to go stale due to repitition and probably went on a bit too long. I would say end of series 5 it probably boned. I also agree with what another poster said, that they tried to introduce too many 'main characters'. While it's nice to have some additional recurring/fringe characters like Riley, Dawn, Anya etc, they made a mistake in trying to force them on the viewer too often and too quickly. -- Submitted By: (Piemaster) on May 24, 2010, 4:29 am

Star Trek: Voyager - TV Shows
I can sum up Voyager in four words - "nice idea, poorly implimented". This goes for everything about the show including the concept itself, the characters and a lot of the individual episodes too. It was watchable in places, but it just never really gripped me the way TNG and DS9 did. The characters just stirred no feelings of empathy from me, and it's kind of hard to like a show when you are secretly hoping that most of the cast, including the 'main character' would leave the show. -- Submitted By: (Piemaster) on May 24, 2010, 3:45 am

Star Trek TNG - TV Shows
I don't think this series ever boned. In fact, I think it took a while to get going and the last series was the best of all. DS9 was probably a better series overall, but TNG went out on a high. -- Submitted By: (Piemaster) on May 24, 2010, 3:31 am

Star Trek: Deep Space 9 - TV Shows
I would say when Jadzia was killed. Not because Jadzia was a particularly great character, or that Ezri was a particularly poor one, but the whole last season just had a feeling of the show having lost its impetus and was limping along a little bit. The Dominion War was started to drag a little bit and too much time was being spent on the holodeck. -- Submitted By: (Piemaster) on May 24, 2010, 3:27 am

Friends - TV Shows
I would say that Chandler and Monica hooking up (not marrying) was the point where the show started to get worse. It still had it's moments after that, but having C&M in a relationship removed a lot of the souces of humour from the show and what replaced it just wasn't very funny as they didn't really work as a couple. Remained watchable until the end though. -- Submitted By: (Piemaster) on May 24, 2010, 3:23 am

Red Dwarf - TV Shows
In my opinion there has never been such a clear cut BtF moment at Red Dwarf at the end of series 6. In series 7 and 8, the plots became too far-fetched, too much story was sacrificed for cheap laughs and the cast seemed to lose all their chemistry once Rimmer left. It still had it's moments, and series 8 was a little better than 7, but it was never quite the same. -- Submitted By: (Piemaster) on May 24, 2010, 3:16 am

Arlen Specter - Celebrities
And...he lost the bid for re-election. Sayonara, Arlen, the door's gonna hit ya where the dog shoulda bit ya, you good-for-nothing RINO. -- Submitted By: (BigAl) on May 24, 2010, 1:25 am

Talk Soup - TV Shows
I say it boned with their own self-produced bits proved even more banal than the clips they were dissing! -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on May 23, 2010, 6:00 pm

View, The - TV Shows
To think: Barbara Walters CREATED this instead of having this foisted on her against her will by the networks.What a legacy to go out on! -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on May 23, 2010, 5:57 pm

Dr Pepper - Random Topics
tv fan, Even when I drank sodas, I had to be extremely hot and thirsty to try to drink this stuff[only Tab seemed worse] so I'm no fan but how would Letterman know what horse manure TASTES like?! Gakk!! -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on May 23, 2010, 5:53 pm

Good Morning America - TV Shows
Aside when Erma Bombeck would read her funny stuff, I never thought there never was anything to like about this show so I say it boned when Erma died. -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on May 23, 2010, 5:48 pm

Bad News Bears, The (TV series) - TV Shows
To think, my gradeschool teacher took up a great deal of our classtime begging us not to see this show (or the movie) because she thought it somehow would corrupt us. Seems so incredibly tame now! -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on May 23, 2010, 5:43 pm

Peanut allergies - Random Topics
baldrick, Am I reading you correctly in that you think we should isolate those with peanut allergies? Even if one doesn't care that it would be exceedingly punitive to folks who didn't ask to have that reaction, how difficult would implementing that proposed solution be compared to merely continuing to print a 'this product may contain peanuts' label on packages for consumers to make the decisions for themselves about whether they want to eat something with peanuts or serve it to friends/family who may have the allergies? If you don't want to have kids with peanut allergies ask your intended to take an allergen test before having sex with them if you like but isolating folks as though they comitted a heinous crime seems a bit extreme and quite the opposite of any freedom of choice! Thankfully, I don't have that condition but if I knew someone I cared about had it, I'd be sure to check the labels before I served them anything I knew could trigger possibly fatal reactions. Personally, I think for the sake of those who suffer the allergies (rather than those who consider it annoying to read the packaging labels), peanut allergies boned Day One. -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on May 23, 2010, 5:40 pm

Tiger Woods - Celebrities
PYLrulz, there's a big difference between average joes like us losing our cool on the course and PGA professionals. I've been to some PGA events and most of the golfers keep their cool even when they hit bad shots. Tiger Woods gets a pass because he's Tiger Woods. Great golfers like Tom Watson, Arnold, Jack and even Phil Mickelson never toss their clubs or cuss up a storm. Being a PGA golfer you are held to a higher level of professionalism. 90% of the golfers would get fined or suspended if they behaved like Tiger does on the course. The excuses of "he's just competitive" or whatever don't fly anymore. He needs to learn some tact and class. -- Submitted By: (kingbk) on May 23, 2010, 11:56 am

I Dream of Jeannie - TV Shows
Those saying about the navel being covered being a boning moment... you have to remember, this was still the time period when saying "pregnant" was almost the equivalent of dropping a f-bomb on air. And I agree with a bunch of you. If I was single, having a hot woman in my midst at most all times, I can tell you something is getting boned, and it ain't the show. -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on May 23, 2010, 4:31 am

Westboro Baptist Church - Random Topics
The only thing worse than this "group" protesting at funerals, is when they threaten to protest something, then pussy out last second. And them protesting Dio's funeral. That ought to be fun. -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on May 23, 2010, 4:29 am

Tiger Woods - Celebrities
Well I won't knock him too much for his on the course demeanor (though he could chill at times). How many of us are cussing away at the ball on course whenever we slice one? In terms of his personal life though. Yeah, no excuses for that at all. -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on May 23, 2010, 4:27 am

I Dream of Jeannie - TV Shows
As an example of what you mean, would the terms "Realistically unrealistic" or "Believably unbelievable" apply? -- Submitted By: (ExplodingConsole) on May 23, 2010, 12:49 am

Lisa Simpson - Random Topics
I've read everyone's comments and agree to infinity. Lisa went from being an intelligent character to an extreme leftist mouthpiece. She also became incredably annoying. The wiki article for her is f*cked up to the extreme. All praise for her and no negatives. I used to like and sympathise with her but now I consider her the worst cartoon character I've ever seen. She is a stupid twit and completely obnoxious. It's gotten to where I wish they would kill her off. -- Submitted By: (Acobjum) on May 22, 2010, 9:32 pm

Tiger Woods - Celebrities
So sick of this guy and sports writers drooling all over him. He is totally unlikable and always has been. Tossing clubs, cussing up a storm, being a poor loser, always having that sour look on his face. I hate when people excuse that behavior. "He's just competitive." So were Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus and they seemed to keep their cool even when things weren't going their way. Now people are trying to excuse his sick behavior with women and his attitude towards his wife. "He has a sex addiction. He's just so popular." No excuses. I hope this scumbag never takes over the record from the Golden Bear. -- Submitted By: (kingbk) on May 22, 2010, 9:28 pm

Liberalism - Random Topics
Liberalism on paper seems like a great idea. Free rights and equality for everyone. However, it doesn't factor in logic, common sense, and inherent human nature. Ignoring these things, liberalism ends up being wishful thinking for a feel-good utopia that will NEVER exist thanks to the way humans are wired. -- Submitted By: (kingbk) on May 22, 2010, 9:22 pm

Ice Cream - Random Topics
Ice cream, the perfect desert. No need for elaboration. -- Submitted By: (johnnydough) on May 22, 2010, 7:14 pm

Atheism - Random Topics
When I think of atheism I think of Bill Maher and other uber liberals like that who I want to punch in the face. Then again, I want to punch people who are uber religious in the face as well, so I guess it's one of the two extreme belief structures I can't stand. -- Submitted By: (kingbk) on May 22, 2010, 3:50 pm

Dr Pepper - Random Topics
Never boned. Love Dr. Pepper. One of my favorite drinks. Dublin Dr. Pepper, made with real cain sugar, is even better. Hopefully with the bad reputation HFCS has they will start making this type of Dr. Pepper more available. -- Submitted By: (kingbk) on May 22, 2010, 3:43 pm

John Edwards - Celebrities
I really don't care what political party he belongs to, this guy is the reason why I hate pretty much everything about politics and political parties. He's worse than the gum that's stuck to the bottom of my shoe. Sleazy scum is too nice of a way to describe this piece of garbage. This is why I can't trust anyone that runs for office anymore. -- Submitted By: (kingbk) on May 22, 2010, 3:40 pm

Tom Cruise - Celebrities
Hmmm this is tough... I can't just vote one. Fake weddings, Scientology, the Oprah incident, the Matt Lauer incident, the Brooke Shields incident, bad movies, a smile that makes me want to punch him... this guy doesn't just bone the fish, he eats the bones after the fish is gone. -- Submitted By: (kingbk) on May 22, 2010, 3:34 pm

Westboro Baptist Church - Random Topics
These hateful snobs are protesting Ronnie James Dio's funeral. http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/sick-church-planning-on-picketing-the-funeral-of-ronnie-james-dio/ I don't know how these people call themselves a church; they're just hateful. The WBC actually quotes verses form the Bible, but they twist the words of it in their favor, like when they call Dio a "devil-worshipper" and saying that his two-finger gesture is a "symbol of Satan." Here's what that gesture REALLY means: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/8687002.stm -- Submitted By: (MacFan95) on May 22, 2010, 1:45 pm

Dr Pepper - Random Topics
Baldrick, I agree with you on the high fructose corn syrup part and the manufacturing stuff. In my opinion, Mexican Coke (made with sugar) is sweeter than its US counterpart (HFCS). -- Submitted By: (MacFan95) on May 22, 2010, 1:24 pm

Speed - Movie Series
This is really not even a series at all, they just took the Speed name and tried to "brand" it as a concept after the first film's success. Turned out it wasn't marketable on its own. A similar travesty is when Hollywood takes a successful brand from elsewhere (gaming culture for example) and tries to affix that brand onto some mediocre script treatment like Lara Croft or Monopoly etc. -- Submitted By: (baldrick) on May 22, 2010, 1:18 pm

Dinosaurs - TV Shows
This was one of my all-time favorite shows. Gotta love the Grapdelites' attitude towards the food chain and their imminent ectinction - It's our own fault for being delicious... http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Grapdelites -- Submitted By: (baldrick) on May 22, 2010, 1:02 pm

My Three Sons - TV Shows
This page must be a spam magnet for some reason that I can't be bothered to decipher. Such a huge number of votes and posting about a minor character on an ancient family comedy... -- Submitted By: (baldrick) on May 22, 2010, 12:34 pm

Tron - Movie Series
Tron s-s-sequel?! No....no....NOOOOOOO! -- Submitted By: (Robert) on May 22, 2010, 12:19 pm

I Dream of Jeannie - TV Shows
High-concept shows like I Dream of Jeanie or ALF get an exemption from some of the usual JTS/BTF reasons because, as a viewer, one needs to accept the stupidity of each show's reality and just go with the concept that this Air Force astronaut is too prudish to take advantage of every guy's dream situation because he's an officer and a gentleman. Shows with genies or witches or extraterrestrials merely have to make their own kind of sense, not make real sense. For this reasoning, I disregard any idea of Day One for such shows except when they just fail to convincingly sell their reality at all. Surface, The Cleveland Show, American Dad and Lost anyone? -- Submitted By: (baldrick) on May 22, 2010, 12:11 pm

Fanboy and Chum Chum - TV Shows
These cartoonists, they just stopped trying or caring. -- Submitted By: (Robert) on May 22, 2010, 12:03 pm

2point4 Children - TV Shows
Remembered liking this show even if it negotiated a couple Boning markers. Same Character/Different Actor when the daughter Jenny was recast; then, New Kid In Town when Declan became a classic "cousin Oliver" in the last year. They weren't playing it safe as a normal sitcom and I applaud that. Respect also for wrapping the show once the male lead passed away instead of trying to import David Spade as an uncle or something. Rona and Bill had some classic Lucy & Ethel episodes through the years. Also, the writers were able to get serious - even morbid without feeling like A Very Special Episode. I'll reserve voting until I re-watch my old VHS tapes. -- Submitted By: (baldrick) on May 22, 2010, 11:42 am

Home Improvement - TV Shows
This kind of show makes me worry about the audience's mental competence when it draws well for so many years. Similar shows like According To Jim and King of Queens just hovered below the radar, but this was actually a significant pop culture hit with people imitating the character's trademark lines and such. Buffoonery has a place, but, this was an embarrassment to humankind. Day One! -- Submitted By: (baldrick) on May 22, 2010, 11:30 am

Lisa Simpson - Random Topics
A follow-up to PYLrulz's comment about wikipedia's entry on Lisa: There is not a word of her becoming increasingly intolerant. However, I can't say the same thing for Reverend Lovejoy's entry. What the Hell? Lisa's gotten increasingly intolerant, too! I guess the deletionists REALLY love Lisa Simpson. -- Submitted By: (Robert) on May 22, 2010, 11:22 am

Tom Cruise - Celebrities
I was too young and naive to fully grasp the reason why the "love scene" with Kelly McGillis' Charlie and Cruise's Maverick was so awkward when I first saw it back in the eighties. Now, of course, when one considers, the personal preferences of the actors involved... Tom Cruise as an actor is now nothing but a punchline to any number of bad jokes. He's not Hitler though so let's not go overboard - yet. -- Submitted By: (baldrick) on May 22, 2010, 11:22 am

Blackadder - TV Shows
With the same caveats mentioned by others I shall also vote "Never Boned" for the programs which gave rise to my user-namesake character Baldrick. The final scene of the fourth series was a fitting way to pay tribute to the grim reality of wartime which had been a source of "over-the-top" humor. "...We are the Dead. Short days ago We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow, Loved, and were loved, and now we lie In Flanders fields." http://www.poppies.ws/poppies/in-flanders-fields-the-poppies-blow.html -- Submitted By: (baldrick) on May 22, 2010, 10:39 am

John Edwards - Celebrities
It doesn't matter what political party you are or what career you have, if you cheat on your spouse, you are scum. If you cheat on your spouse when he/she is stricken with a terrible disease, you are worse than scum. -- Submitted By: (Robert) on May 22, 2010, 10:37 am

PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) - Random Topics
I see what you mean there, PYLrulz. I took a look at a pic of Ingrid Newkirk...geez, no man would ever want to have sex with her even if they Maced themselves first and put a paper bag over her head. The stuff my cats leave in the litter box look a lot better than her. -- Submitted By: (BigAl) on May 22, 2010, 10:36 am

PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) - Random Topics
Speaking of PETA's founder, she's also a topic in the celebrity section. Not only is she doing our gene pool a favor by sterilizing herself, but she's also doing a favor for her potential child(ren)...it would be cruel and unusual punishment to be born to Ingrid Newkirk, who would put the life of an ant over your own. -- Submitted By: (Robert) on May 22, 2010, 10:34 am

Peanut allergies - Random Topics
In order to try and defend those unfortunates born with a hyper-allergy to such a mild toxin as that found in the peanut legume, our modern culture has, in effect, placed the rest of the gene pool into a anti-nut bubble rather than socially isolating the at-risk individuals. The inevitable effect of this policy will be to foster this genetic vulnerability in the general population. Many of the foods we consume as adults are mildly toxic in some regard - coffee, tea, certain herbs, alcohol etc are used specifically for their mildly toxic effects. Other stuff like raw milk or honey or the way we choose to prepare certain dishes make them slightly risky from a hygiene angle in favor of preserving the purity of the taste or eating enjoyment. We should preserve the idea of Choice in what we eat. -- Submitted By: (baldrick) on May 22, 2010, 10:23 am

Dr Pepper - Random Topics
I didn't personally see the episode and it's never to be re-broadcast by CBS due to legal and political pressure, however, one can assume that Dave was making a joking reference to the fact that most US soft drinks made from High Fructose Corn Syrup in place of natural real sugar or sucrose ARE the liquid end result of an agri-industrial process that begins (and one could also say ends) with manure. Liquid manure accelerates the growth of government subsidized corn to make cornstarch which is chemically processed into HFCS. If you can get a bottle of the beverage (same goes for Coke) from an overseas factory (Mexico, Caribbean?) you might like the way it tastes. To me it's just peppermint flavored cola - not a very tasty treat. I'd rather not dwell on the literal version of what was suggested below. -- Submitted By: (baldrick) on May 22, 2010, 10:10 am

Charles in Charge - TV Shows
The original family cast and production team was not bad and they were aiming the jokes at two levels - kids and adults. The re-worked show that came back made very little sense for Charles being there as others have noted, also, they seemed to be playing to a lower common denominator with the humor. Somehow the show had some notable guests and co-stars "before they were stars", otherwise, CinC would be barely remembered - except for (Jennifer Runyon) Gwendolyn Pierce. She was fine looking. -- Submitted By: (baldrick) on May 22, 2010, 9:41 am

PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) - Random Topics
It gets weirder: PETA now has Nadya "Octomom" Suleman working for them as a spokesperson! Oh, the ichthyosity!! -- Submitted By: (Mythigator) on May 22, 2010, 7:45 am

PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) - Random Topics
BigAl, seeing a picture of the one founder of PeTA, it looks like her face is good enough birth control. -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on May 22, 2010, 5:18 am

Cosby - TV Shows
Should have called it "Both Feet in the Grave" since it was a bad idea all around to have Cosby do an adaptation of the British sitcom One Foot in the Grave. Can't believe it stuck around for four seasons! -- Submitted By: (baldrick) on May 21, 2010, 8:14 pm

Barney Miller - TV Shows
One of the best ensemble-cast TV workplace comedies of all time. I wish I'd been old enough to "get" some of the writing back then. The show looks a bit "dated" now in re-runs so I don't bother with it. -- Submitted By: (baldrick) on May 21, 2010, 7:22 pm

Dr Pepper - Random Topics
I think David Letterman said it best when he said Dr. Pepper tastes like horse manure. -- Submitted By: (tvfan) on May 21, 2010, 5:54 pm

I Love Lucy - TV Shows
My vote for when I Love Lucy boned was definitely when they moved to the CT. suburbs. And those annoying Ramsey neighbors? Ughh. It seemed less relatable and more snobbish at that point. I really prefer the more blue collar Ricardo's in the smallish brownstone building. -- Submitted By: (geg0004) on May 21, 2010, 4:47 pm