Barack Obama II - Celebrities
11/2012 - Score to Beat: 27 Minutes!!! -- Submitted By: (Regulus) on August 19, 2011, 4:17 am

Smashing Pumpkins - Music Groups
I'm going to have say it was Corgan's pretentiousness that was a major Bone. He once said, and I'm paraphrasing, that he wanted to be ahead of his time. You don't get to decide that Billy. Well that and the crappy Adore album. You're not in an industrial/techno band. And why would you follow Mellon Collie with that garbage. Sad thing is, I use to like them back in the day. Shame on me. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 18, 2011, 3:48 pm

NFL Pro Bowl - Random Topics
This is very dumb. What's the point of having this game after the Super Bowl. I mean it's basically the NFL's version of the NBA and MLB's All-star break (or mid-season break). So, why not have the Pro Bowl somewhere in the middle and get rid of that Bye week crap (It's still 16 regular games, right?) Or just eliminate it all together. Furthermore, I understand they don't want to get hurt during the off season, but put a little effort into it. YOUR "ALL-STARS" -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 18, 2011, 3:24 pm

Marlon Brando - Celebrities
Great actor - very bizarre man! -- Submitted By: (Stephanie) on August 18, 2011, 12:11 pm

Back to the Future - Movie Series
I loved all of BTTF movies. I must confess though, I thought out of all three the second film was slightly inferior. I'm still wondering at exactly what point in time trains will fly. Probably before the Cubs win a world series, hover boards are made, and a sport almanacs alters reality. Hey McFly! I thought I told you to never let your mama fall in love with you. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 18, 2011, 12:09 am

Family Matters - TV Shows
Often times Family Matters along with any installment to the TGIF line up and related shows on other networks, were packed full of so much cheese, cheddar thought it was too sharp. But I must say even with asinine plots, obscurities, and the preachy nature at times, I'd take any of these older sitcoms over any of these reality, talent, and trade shows any day. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 17, 2011, 11:40 pm

Anthrax - Music Groups
Well they got Joey Belladonna back, and the new album is coming out in about a month- based on the two tracks I've heard, they are officially not going to bone- if you like Anthrax "Worship Music" sounds awesome. Check it out. -- Submitted By: (Chubby Rain) on August 17, 2011, 9:48 pm

Price Is Right, The - TV Shows
PYLrulz, I can tell you are a huge game show fan (by your screen name), which is cool, as am I. I know Price is Right has always been kind of a loud carnival and not known for having the brightest contestants, so I don't expect geniuses or everyone to win every game. It just seems like this season has a lower winning percentage than usual. Maybe I'm wrong, just have caught a few weeks of reruns and noticed a lot less winners than usual. -- Submitted By: (kingbk) on August 17, 2011, 8:34 pm

Operation Repo - TV Shows
Agreed. Me and my girlfriend like watching the show Cops from time to time, so we see ads for this show every time. I was bored the one night, and the show was on, so I turned it on to see how bad the show could possibly be. Yeah. Big mistake. Who was the genius that thought of this program. -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on August 17, 2011, 6:29 pm

Family Feud - TV Shows
Ok, when I had posted the reply to the link a while backto the one video, that was before I looked at it (posted my reply on my iPhone, so I couldn't easily copy and paste the link easily on the browser so I could look at it). After looking at that. Yeah, someone effed up on that bad. -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on August 17, 2011, 6:24 pm

Price Is Right, The - TV Shows
Maybe it might be making the games just a little bit harder, but most game shows usually look for people who would go nuts on camera, and not think rationally, or very clearly over someone who can keep a calm, cool head. Unless it is Jeopardy, do you really want to put on a few cool headed people on your show? No. 1, it's boring for the viewers, especially for certain game shows, and 2, it's a good way for the game show to lose a few extra bucks, as someone will use their head, be more prone to guess the correct price/answer/letter/whatever the object of the game is. -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on August 17, 2011, 6:21 pm

Family Matters - TV Shows
Ok, I could handle some of the focus being on Urkel, but some of the story line tangents that the show went on later in its run... geez! It's one thing when the show from the first season on is like that, but it's beyond something else when it is done like Family Matters. -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on August 17, 2011, 6:10 pm

Jon and Kate Plus 8 - TV Shows
What took so long?!? -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on August 17, 2011, 6:07 pm

Snagajob - Websites
This is quite possible the worst job seach site on the web. Let me count the ways. Nothing ever works, the links just sit there spinnning forever. Or even better yet you get an email that directs you to the copmany website and all that comes up is this blank page. And here's a good one - the email that says there are jobs available at a certain company and then when you click on the company logo it takes you to another page or the company's site which says "there are currently no opening in this area" This is like the half-assed version of Monster or Career Builder. The funniest part is where you get a survey in the email and it doesn't work either so you can't tell them how much there site sucks!!!! -- Submitted By: (lrbloom) on August 17, 2011, 4:40 pm

Buddy Holly - Music Groups
One of the godfathers of rock and roll, along with Chuck Berry, Bill Holiday, Little Richard, Ray Charles, and Richie Valens. He died way too young, but his impact will be forever felt. Never boned. -- Submitted By: (kingbk) on August 17, 2011, 3:27 pm

Kiss - Music Groups
You have to cut n' paste the URL. Sorry. :) -- Submitted By: (Friedrich_Feuerstein) on August 17, 2011, 10:27 am

David Spade - Celebrities
I have to admit to liking most of his stuff however silly some of it may be(i.e. Lost and Found), but the "Dickie Roberts" character was bordering on being sickening - a 35 year old has-been sleeping in the same room with grade school kids - it was definitely in bad taste and gimme a break with that "Nucking Futs" slogan; that also wasn't even remotely funny. I can atleast tolerate him on "Just Shoot Me" But no more child stars. -- Submitted By: (lrbloom) on August 17, 2011, 2:56 am

UFO_(band) - Music Groups
No BTF - no make up, no nonsense just straight ahead rock and roll form one of the best bands in history. -- Submitted By: (lrbloom) on August 17, 2011, 2:46 am

Jon and Kate Plus 8 - TV Shows
YES! Good riddance to bad rubbish! -- Submitted By: (BigAl) on August 17, 2011, 12:28 am

Price Is Right, The - TV Shows
I've been catching the summer reruns, so it's given me a chance to see how the show is post-Rich Fields. George Gray's okay (MUCH better than most of the other sub announcers), but I don't notice him (or any of the other announcers) doing much "improvising" in their announcing. Seems like they are doing the same thing Rich Fields did, the only difference is Rich Fields is a trained professional and these other guys for the most part aren't. The only real "improv" things I notice George Gray doing is he makes a sad face of the contestants overbid and sometimes he models the prizes. Other than that, what does he do that Rich Fields didn't do? I don't get it. Also, Drew looks completely different since his weight loss. Good for him and his health. He still isn't Bob Barker, but he does a good job as host. Like I said in an earlier post, he is much more Pat Sajak than Bob Barker. He knows it's a silly game show, he doesn't take it seriously, he's sarcastic, he's self-deprecating, and he doesn't build up suspense or showmanship really at all. That kind of bugs me in that I like Bob's false reveals and excitement, but I'm glad Drew's got his own style. The specials are pretty cool too and add variety. Also, it seems that the contestants aren't winning nearly as much as usual. I wonder if the games are purposely harder or the contestants are just that much dumber. -- Submitted By: (kingbk) on August 17, 2011, 12:10 am

How I Met Your Mother - TV Shows
C'mon, whoever suggested Britney, just look at all the other stars joining the show for various reason. I liked most roles characters played by them. But learning the unpleasant facts about Harris' personal life spoils it a little bit. Hope I forget it when the next season starts. -- Submitted By: (JanineDoe) on August 16, 2011, 7:03 pm

Chris Brown - Celebrities
That's an EXCELLENT question,Jay D! Alas, there seems to few performers out there who actually have enough priniciples re refusing to work with those known to have been physically abusive [and,for that matter, there seem to have few consumers willing to quit buying stuff from physically abusive performers]. -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on August 16, 2011, 2:57 pm

Buddy Holly - Music Groups
Amen to that, JayD! Though, sometimes I have to admit I wonder if he'd lived longer whether he'd have shared Ray Orbison's fate of having a few decades of obscurity yet FINALLY being rediscovered and given his just due right before he died. -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on August 16, 2011, 2:43 pm

Jon and Kate Plus 8 - TV Shows
Finally, there is a God! If only they take the Kardashians show with them. -- Submitted By: (SSM) on August 16, 2011, 1:29 pm

Family Matters - TV Shows
That's true, it was never dull. That I coulld give, it may started off as a spinoff show for Harriet and family living in the subura, but over years it turned into the sci-fi adventures of Carl and Urkel but at least it still keep the fun in the show. -- Submitted By: (SSM) on August 16, 2011, 1:26 pm

Pluto (Dwarf Planet) - Random Topics
Pluto's hard-wired into our memories as a planet. I even recall the mnemonic to remember all the planets: My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine Pickles (or Pizzas). With Pluto gone, what does our educated mother serve us now? -- Submitted By: (Robert) on August 16, 2011, 12:37 pm

Shrek - Movie Series
It just doesn't end. Now there's a 5th movie in the works, a prequel about Puss in Boots. -- Submitted By: (Robert) on August 16, 2011, 12:07 pm

Saturday Night Live - TV Shows
I think not! -- Submitted By: (Robert) on August 16, 2011, 12:05 pm

Jon and Kate Plus 8 - TV Shows
Na na na na, Na na na na, Hey hey hey, Good Bye! -- Submitted By: (Robert) on August 16, 2011, 12:05 pm

Chris Brown - Celebrities
I have no respect for anyone that hits a woman. His music isn't any good either. -- Submitted By: (kingbk) on August 16, 2011, 11:41 am

Jon and Kate Plus 8 - TV Shows
Yyyaaaaaaaayyyyyyy! -- Submitted By: (Friedrich_Feuerstein) on August 16, 2011, 9:58 am

Kiss - Music Groups
Of course, this is my favorite KISS song of all time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw5oJoUYTb8 -- Submitted By: (Friedrich_Feuerstein) on August 16, 2011, 9:57 am

Bon Jovi - Music Groups
I found it quite bizarre to see their greatest hits album top the hard rock album chart since over the years the group has moved into a more adult contemporary style. Even "Living on a Prayer" is now being played on adult contemporary radio. -- Submitted By: (JayD) on August 16, 2011, 12:14 am

Limp Bizkit - Music Groups
They released a comeback album in 2011. I haven't heard it but I know it's the same old annoying garbage as before. -- Submitted By: (JayD) on August 15, 2011, 11:54 pm

Buddy Holly - Music Groups
Simply put, no Buddy Holly, no Beatles. -- Submitted By: (JayD) on August 15, 2011, 11:30 pm

Jon and Kate Plus 8 - TV Shows
Canceled!! Finally!! -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on August 15, 2011, 11:01 pm

Family Matters - TV Shows
The plots were often farfetched but I consider the episodes where Urkle and Carl get shrunk or where they go back in time and end up on a pirate ship as being fantasy episodes. At least this show wasn't dull. -- Submitted By: (JayD) on August 15, 2011, 10:55 pm

Chris Brown - Celebrities
I think he's a real kook. I don't understand why so many artists want to collaborate with him, especially after the Rhianna incident. I heard the song he wrote for Joe Jonas, who's a fan, and believe me, it sucks big time. -- Submitted By: (JayD) on August 15, 2011, 10:24 pm

Michael Jackson - Celebrities
I loved Michael Jackson's music. Ask any of my friends. Off the Wall and Thriller are two of the best albums in music history. Bad is pretty good, but it sounds very dated in comparison. Dangerous has some hits and some misses. I personally find Michael's abusive childhood and always being in front of millions to be the downfall of him. His Dad was a tyrant who hit the kids and had multiple affairs on the road. His brothers also were known for their sexual escapades on the road. How is a five-year-old suppose to grow up as a normal person in that kind of environment? Michael was a tortured human being with enormous mental issues and a musical genius with loads of God-given talent. Does that excuse his strange, bizarre behavior? No. His interactions with children were borderline inappropriate. His innocent, immature act was a bit over the top (listen to his much more masculine voice during rehearsals on "This is It"), but at the same time, I think Michael genuinely wanted to be a good guy. He wanted to make a change in the world. I just think he didn't know how to do it and was incapable of doing it with his mental issues. I think the beginning of the end (or the boning moment) for MJ was 1987. The effects of plastic surgery were beginning to show. Bad was a good album, but it just didn't have the same awe that Thriller or even Off the Wall had. Things just slowly started to go downhill for MJ at this point, his behavior getting stranger and stranger and his music, while still great, not the same as it used to be. I find Hollywood's tributes to him both necessary and hypocritical. He's a legend who needs to be remembered, but how many were there to help him out when he was at his strangest? I think with time people will remember him for his music and not his problems. The same thing happened with Elvis. I wish MJ was still moonwalking and cutting great albums, but with all the pain he was going through, maybe it's better he's not anymore. -- Submitted By: (kingbk) on August 15, 2011, 4:55 pm

Sarah Jessica Parker - Celebrities
Her body is hot. Her face? Not so much. -- Submitted By: (kingbk) on August 15, 2011, 4:37 pm

Sarah Jessica Parker - Celebrities
Good to know I'm not the only one that thinks she has a horse face. But I don't want to insult horses to the point of comparing SJP's ugliness to them. So I'll just say she looks like Uma Thurmans man foot. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 15, 2011, 3:37 am

Guns N Roses - Music Groups
*correction* "Patience" is what I meant. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 15, 2011, 3:18 am

Perfect Strangers - TV Shows
Loved this show! -- Submitted By: (MCS) on August 15, 2011, 2:00 am

Saturday Night Live - TV Shows
SNL has had its highs and lows, but it has been on a low since about 2000. This and The Simpsons hit their lows around the same time. Coincidence? -- Submitted By: (MCS) on August 15, 2011, 1:59 am

Pearl Jam - Music Groups
I quit listening to Pearl Jam when No Code was release. I haven't cared for what I've heard since then. But, I have to give credit where it's due. Their version of The Who's Reign O'er Me was outstanding. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 15, 2011, 1:07 am

Guns N Roses - Music Groups
Ehh! I can take them or leave them. They have a few songs that are ok. You Could Be Mine, Patients, and Mr. Brownstone are tolerable. Did Knocking On Heavens Door need to feel like it was 20 minutes long? No! Is Axl a douchey ass bag? Most definitely! Can I play guitar like Slash? Nope! I don't necessarily think they were responsible for the hair band movement. I always thought they were mocking the trend. As they had an edgier sound than hair bands actually did. But, I've been wrong at least once.:P -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 15, 2011, 1:01 am

Guns N Roses - Music Groups
I agree, highly overrated, and in fact, Axl Rose has one of the most annoying voices in music history. -- Submitted By: (lrbloom) on August 14, 2011, 11:37 pm

Kiss - Music Groups
I have to admit that the first time I ever saw Kiss on television on the In Concert show from the 1970's. I wasn't impressed. They were just another band wearing make up, a fad at the time that was wearing thin real fast, as every band and his brother had to try. I heard guys at school everyday and like you said with the exception of a few random moments, I still wasn't impressed. I listened to Alice Cooper, David Bowie, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, Robin Trower, Jimi Hendrix, Mahogany Rush...etc. I never did see how Kiss could be mentioned in the same breath as any of these and many others too numerous to mention. I still don't. From Day One... -- Submitted By: (lrbloom) on August 14, 2011, 11:35 pm

Kiss - Music Groups
You know, I have enjoyed rock music for as long as I can remember, and throughout the 1970's I would hear guys at school just rave over how utterly awesome KISS was (even though, oddly enough, I NEVER heard any of their music on the radio). Finally, I befriended someone who had about every KISS album released (up to that point). He let me borrow a few when I demonstrated little knowledge of their catalog. I was very underwhelmed by whatI heard (with an isolated exception or two). -- Submitted By: (Friedrich_Feuerstein) on August 14, 2011, 10:45 pm

Nickelodeon - Random Topics
It took a while for Nickelodeon to bone the fish, but the Schneider overload did it for me. Nickelodeon quality has declined since 1999. -- Submitted By: (Northeastern292) on August 14, 2011, 7:28 pm

Barack Obama II - Celebrities
Wow, I never knew that. Gotta love a democracy that literally forces people to vote. (Rolls eyes.) It really is diabolically brilliant how politicians have managed to eliminate any impact voting has by taking away any viable candidate for anyone to vote for. -- Submitted By: (DolFan316) on August 14, 2011, 3:17 pm

X-Files - TV Shows
Actually, that would've been the only part of the show remotely realistic, since in real life the government would never bother to close any departments no matter how useless they are. Gotta keep wasting and spending taxpayer money, ya know. -- Submitted By: (DolFan316) on August 14, 2011, 3:14 pm

X-Files - TV Shows
I still never understood while the FBI wouldn't have just closed the X-Files after Mulder disappeared. Mulder was the only reason they created the X-Files department. Without him, there was no reason to keep it open. Assigning someone else to it just to keep the show going? That's just silly. I don't buy it. -- Submitted By: (TheCeej) on August 14, 2011, 11:19 am

Barack Obama II - Celebrities
@DolFan. You're actually lucky, there is the option to not vote over there. Here in Australia, it is compulsory (ugh!) and there is not a "none of the above" or similar option. The best you can do is a blank ballot. Politics nowadays is a pathetic crock. -- Submitted By: (johnnydough) on August 14, 2011, 3:39 am

Tom Hanks - Celebrities
One of the few in Hollywood who actually seems to have talent. Most of them get by with their looks, but Hanks has acting chops. He can do comedy and drama equally well. Also seems to be a pretty good guy and doesn't take himself too seriously. One of the few actors today that I'll give a never boned rating. -- Submitted By: (kingbk) on August 13, 2011, 8:28 pm

Pluto (Dwarf Planet) - Random Topics
Let's see Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune........ Sounds like an old friend is missing to me. That, if I remember correctly, ever once in awhile trades places with Neptune. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 13, 2011, 7:14 pm

Republican Party - Random Topics
Are the GOP Pokemon fans? http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2011/08/did_herman_cain_know_he_was_qu.html -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on August 13, 2011, 7:14 pm

Crow Films, The - Movie Series
I've always like the original film. I watched it for the first time, in about 10 years, the other day. Still enjoyable! The sequels? I vaguely remember the second film and didn't bother with any other installment. There was a tv series starring "the chairman" of Iron Chef America. It tried to follow the Eric Draven story arc, but it too failed. It just didn't make any sense. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 13, 2011, 6:32 pm

Sonic Drive-In - Random Topics
I have to comment on this because this happened today. My wife picked up Sonic this morning. She bought, what I'm guessing is Sonics answer to McDonalds Mcskillet burrito,which is phucking nasty. Well,so is Sonics! I guess they couldn't bother with putting crumbled sausage in the burrito. Instead, they were patties. The bacon was rubbery to the point of inedibility. I think they forgot to heat it up because the cheese was not melted. It was just awful. Their Burgers are decent at best. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 13, 2011, 6:19 pm

Alice In Chains - Music Groups
Alice in Chains are one of the few bands I still listen to from the 90s. I didn't really like the album they produced a couple years ago, though. I suppose I'm biased towards Layne Staley. I did however like "Your Decision". -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 13, 2011, 5:58 pm

Tom Hanks - Celebrities
Wow! There hasn't been any a comments on Tom Hanks yet. Kind of suprising! I think Tom Hanks is among a very few people in Hollywood, who actually knows how to act. He's usually pretty good in most films that he is in. I have to say while I do prefer his comedic roles, his dramatic work is great too. He was the only reason why I watched "A League of Their Own" as a kid. One great scene was him throwing a baseball glove at an obnoxious kid of one of his players. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 13, 2011, 5:43 pm

Lidsville - TV Shows
Yeah, what was the deal with the Krofft Brothers stranding all these kids in weird places under constant threats with no means to get home? Did they hate kids that much?! -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on August 13, 2011, 12:32 pm

Kiss - Music Groups
PYLrulz, Your comments made me laugh! I mean, I can recall my elder sibs listening to KISS but it's funny thinking of folks old enough to be parents of adults STILL fans of the group! LOL I guess it shows how many generations this Forum covers. I mean, my mother STILL is a fan of Big Band and classic jazz but, no she doesn't dress up like Frank Sinatra, Dinah Shore or Lena Horne did in the 1940's despite liking their songs! For me, KISS is a take-or-leave deal but I have to admit getting a bit weary of seeing what else they can sell their logo for $$$. -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on August 13, 2011, 12:28 pm

Guns N Roses - Music Groups
YESSS!!! Someone else besides me who despised the horrible hair metal period!!! But Kingbk is wrong about G&R being responsible, if anything they were the only ones who didn't completely suck at that time. -- Submitted By: (DolFan316) on August 13, 2011, 8:50 am

Barack Obama II - Celebrities
I'm just hoping there's a "none of the above" option at the voting booth. How can the Republicans be this stupid??? -- Submitted By: (DolFan316) on August 13, 2011, 8:48 am

Guns N Roses - Music Groups
I think this band is highly overrated and always has been in history. They were responsible for the whole awful "L.A. Hair Metal" phase that happened in the late 80s-early 90s (Poison, Warrant, Motely Crue, etc.) Sure, "November Rain" is a great ballad and "Paradise City", "Welcome to the Jungle" and "Sweet Child of Mine" are fun for wedding receptions, but most of the other stuff this band did was crappy covers. Not only that, Axl Rose is so delusional that his ego has sunk him. Nobody cares about you anymore, you're a has-been. I think his feuding with the band was the boning moment, but overall I think this band is rated much higher than they should be. -- Submitted By: (kingbk) on August 13, 2011, 2:16 am

Kiss - Music Groups
Kiss is tolerable to listen to if there is absolutley nothing else to listen to. Sadly, my parents are big Kiss fans, though thankfully, they don't go to the point of dressing up like Gene Simmons or Ace Frehley or Paul Stanley when they go to the concerts or such like some of those nuts -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on August 12, 2011, 5:50 pm

Global warming - Random Topics
I agree with kingbk. Yes, its good to keep a good, clean environment. But man as the sole cause of global warming/climate change/whatever they will call it next, I call BS on it. I'm sure man made pollution doesn't help, but last I checked, the earth has cooled down and heated up over the millions (and billions) of years this planet has existed. I would bet you any money that if the earth was cooling down and not heating up, the spin doctors would claim that man was the sole reason of that too. -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on August 12, 2011, 5:48 pm

Lifetime Movie Network (LMN) - Random Topics
I'd put the odds on that as even money. -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on August 12, 2011, 5:46 pm

Barack Obama II - Celebrities
And down goes Obamacare. Between this guy and the loons running for the Republican nomination, I'm going to have one hell of a time making a decision come 2012. -- Submitted By: (kingbk) on August 12, 2011, 4:52 pm

G.I. Joe: Sigma 6 - TV Shows
"The series also features General Hawk's son Scott and his robot dog Spud." They should have just gone all out and named the dog T-Bob. The show looked nice, but it was all ruined by lousy 4Kids dubbing. The resulting show was unintelligible. -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on August 12, 2011, 4:20 pm

National Lampoon's Family Vacation - Movie Series
If you're interested in the various "Vacation" movies, then I suggest that you look up the short story "Vacation '58" from National Lampoon magazine, written by John Hughes. The original story is broadly similar to the first movie, but it's a period piece taking place back in 1958. I think it would have worked better as a period piece myself, but if you read the original, you will discover why it wouldn't have been practical to make the story as written. -- Submitted By: (Eugene) on August 12, 2011, 6:23 am

Global warming - Random Topics
I take it you all have heard Al Gore's temper tantrum? http://www.realaspen.com/article/767/Speaking-in-Aspen-Colorado-Al-Gore-calls-bullshit-on-global-warming-naysayers -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on August 12, 2011, 2:36 am

Lifetime Movie Network (LMN) - Random Topics
Jay Leno once called it the "My Husband Hit Me Network". Since that joke was rather funny, I'll have to assume he stole it. -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on August 12, 2011, 1:23 am

Global warming - Random Topics
My take: is climate change happening? Yes. Are we responsible for it? I think very little. I think the universe is on its own course and will heat up and cool down when it feels like it and there's not a damn thing we really can do about it. -- Submitted By: (kingbk) on August 11, 2011, 9:46 pm

Kiss - Music Groups
Kingbk I'm sorry that you're subjected to listening to KISS once or twice a year. To me, that would be hell. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 11, 2011, 5:13 pm

Video Games - Random Topics
I miss coin-op arcades. Although, I guess parents everywhere are glad they don't have to keep dishing out quarters. Some of those games, there was just no way one quarter was going to work. pelirojo, while Pong may have been topped it is still and will always be the king. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 11, 2011, 5:08 pm

Yahoo! - Websites
I agree Robert. One look at some of the posts on the news articles, and you lose all faith in humanity -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on August 11, 2011, 5:08 pm

Sesame Street - TV Shows
There is an article on AOL.com main page from the Huffington Post that talks about Bert and Ernie and gay marriage. Now I know when I was a kid this was a popular belief, along with theories of the cast of Scooby Doo and wishing Wile E and Sylvester would catch those damn birds, and so on. But for people who have been pressuring SS for Bert and Ernie to actually be a gay married couple is ridiculous. As SS states, they're puppets they don't have any sexual orientation. If I remember correctly sex was never a topic on the show period. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 11, 2011, 4:57 pm

MCS. Nice to have one of the regulars back! :) Nowadays, we try to keep politics to a minimum, lord knows I try to. Unfortunately, after the vote-stacking saga, the damage was done: many members left for good, and one year later, BTF only has a handful of regulars. Most here are respectful of other people's political beliefs, even if they don't agree with them. -- Submitted By: (Robert) on August 11, 2011, 2:44 pm

WordGirl - TV Shows
I'm not saying it's bad, but it's a little too repetitive. The voice acting's pretty good; if you're familiar with voice actors and have trained ears, you'll recognize a few of them. -- Submitted By: (Robert) on August 11, 2011, 2:41 pm

Global warming - Random Topics
This is why I'm undecided on global warming. On one hand, it's supposed to be hot, it's SUMMER. But record highs? Will we see record lows in winter? If the Earth is getting hotter as a whole, why aren't the record highs occurring in winter? If it's rechristened "climate change" to reflect unusual cold spells, why aren't there record lows in summer? And considering all the advances made in reducing carbon footprints (regulations, taxing and banning eco-unfriendly products, making products using renewable resources, etc.), global warming is getting WORSE? Why would it get worse if we've made strides against it? To think of it another way: Imagine you're overweight. For one week, you cut down your intake of foods high in fat and calories, and ate foods low in fat, sodium, cholesterol, and calories. At the end of the week, you wound up gaining five pounds. Wouldn't something be fishy to you? -- Submitted By: (Robert) on August 11, 2011, 2:41 pm

Lifetime Movie Network (LMN) - Random Topics
Toasticus...that "idiot" remark was uncalled for. -- Submitted By: (Robert) on August 11, 2011, 2:39 pm

Yahoo! - Websites
Many comments boards seem to have been overrun by psychopaths. It's like they made hundreds of Timothy McVeigh clones and they all made Yahoo accounts. I've seen some truly evil comments, from mocking innocent people's deaths, to insulting the mourning family members of the deceased. It makes you wonder why our tax dollars are providing internet access to psych wards. -- Submitted By: (Robert) on August 11, 2011, 2:37 pm

Twitter - Websites
The only pro I can think of when it comes to Twitter: messages can be used as evidence against people. -- Submitted By: (Robert) on August 11, 2011, 2:28 pm

Dan Castellaneta - Celebrities
I always thought of Jim Cummings as the second Mel Blanc. But no argument here, Dan Castellaneta is indeed a great voice actor. -- Submitted By: (Robert) on August 11, 2011, 2:24 pm

Video Games - Random Topics
I agree fully that the 16-bit era was the golden age of video gaming. You had amazing graphics, good gameplay, intricate storylines, and improved music and sound. It was a sad day when the 16-bit era came to an end. The Playstation and N64 era were strange to me at first: suddenly, everything was in 3D, and almost nothing looked like the classics I grew up with. However, I adapted, and years later, the PS2 and GC were released. Those systems still had good games, and though they were awesome in their own right, they could never capture the magic of the 16-bit era. I don't know how to vote. Though it was the 16-bit era in which video games were at their peak, video games today are still awesome. Plus, you can go back to your Super Nintendo today...if you didn't sell it in a garage sale. -- Submitted By: (Robert) on August 11, 2011, 2:22 pm

Rage Against the Machine - Music Groups
"Capitalism is bad, so we're engaging in capitalism to spread the word that capitalism is bad!" And Googalslosh, we only bone the left when they deserve it. The right, too. -- Submitted By: (Robert) on August 11, 2011, 2:15 pm

National Lampoon's Family Vacation - Movie Series
And dare we even consider raising the spectre of that made for TV travesty known as 'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation 2: Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure'? WTH?!? -- Submitted By: (Friedrich_Feuerstein) on August 11, 2011, 10:30 am

Kiss - Music Groups
Detroit trashy "shock rock" at its worst. The only songs I can tolerate are "Rock and Roll All Night" and "Calling Dr. Love" and that means listen to them once or twice a year. All their other songs are terrible, especially the super cheesy "God gave rock and roll to you." Way to get the bible belters on your side, guys! Day one. -- Submitted By: (kingbk) on August 11, 2011, 2:09 am

Sports Illustrated - Random Topics
I am often disappointed in the selection for Sportsperson of the year. Invariably it goes to a basketball player, a baseball player or a football quarterback. Come on, there's other sports that have more deserving athletes. -- Submitted By: (JayD) on August 11, 2011, 12:19 am

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Music Groups
I think their songs all sound the same and why so many songs about California? -- Submitted By: (JayD) on August 11, 2011, 12:05 am

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - Random Topics
I am always disappointed whenever they reveal the nominees for the hall and see some of my favourite artists being snubbed yet again. Will they ever induct great bands like Chicago, Yes, the Doobie Brothers, the Moody Blues or the (Small)Faces to name but a few? I really don't get why they keep nominating Chic. Yes, they had a few big hits but were they ever rock hall worthy? The same can be said about LL Cool J. -- Submitted By: (JayD) on August 11, 2011, 12:00 am

Eddie Murphy - Celebrities
He has been in a few good movies, including 48 Hours and Beverly Hills Cop, but lately he's been in one flop after another. I heard he is going to be the voice of, wait for it, Hong Kong Phooey. Yes, they're making yet another live action/CGI movie. I can smell another flop here. -- Submitted By: (JayD) on August 10, 2011, 11:48 pm

South Park - TV Shows
Well I suppose once again Matt and Trey have fooled people. They're at least obligated to produce shows until 2013. I enjoy South Park for the most part. There are some episode that are more boring than others, but typically South Park is a solid show. It will definitely be end of an era when it goes off the air, probably to the disdain of Comedy Cenral. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 10, 2011, 5:08 pm

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - Random Topics
Soggy you are 100% completely right. At least there keeping Kiss out though. Haha! -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 10, 2011, 4:56 pm

National Lampoon's Family Vacation - Movie Series
National Lampoon's Vacation (or Summer Vacation as some call it to distinguish it from the others) is an all-time comedy classic. National Lampoon's European Vacation was okay for a few laughs, but definitely not anywhere near as good as the first one. Christmas Vacation is a great holiday classic and usually is played a bunch of times over the holiday season. Vegas Vacation had little charm and even fewer laughs. -- Submitted By: (kingbk) on August 10, 2011, 4:46 pm

Eddie Murphy - Celebrities
I for one want to thank Eddie Murphy for being the reason Tyler Perry has a career in cinema.(sarcasm) I've never gone out of my way to watch an Eddie Murphy movie. I've only watched his movies if they have been on tv and there was nothing else on. Except Trading Places which I actually did like. I saw this movie in Economics class. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on August 10, 2011, 4:45 pm

Video Games - Random Topics
I'm old enough to remember playing Pong in the local Holiday Inn lounge when it first came out and thinking that nothing could top it! LOL -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on August 10, 2011, 3:07 pm

John Goodman - Celebrities
Never saw "Normal" and have no interest in seeing it. However; he did a PHENOMENAL job portraying the steamroller Louisiana governor Huey Long- which even my often skeptical father said NAILED how he recalled via newsreels (and colleagues who knew Mr. Long) how the governor was!Yeah, there's more to Mr. Goodman than Dan Conner, live-action Fred Flintstone and being the star of a sitcom I barely recall happening. -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on August 10, 2011, 3:03 pm