Best Buy - Random Topics
Anyone else seen these holiday ads in which this woman with a major chip on her shoulder assaults Santa who does nothing more than say 'ho ho ho'? It might have helped had Santa acted obnoxious or bullying but this one seemed genuinely friendly as though he could have fit right into "Miracle of 34th Street" so what was her problem and why are we [the buying public] supposed to cheer for her and jeer at Santa? And I say this as someone who thinks the Christmas season has quite a bit of Santa Saturation! Oh well, I wasn't going to buy anything from Best Buy anyway. -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on December 16, 2011, 12:12 pm

At the Movies - TV Shows
Siskel and Ebert weren't afraid to trash a horrible movie, which is what I liked about them, and they did it with a sense of humor as well. -- Submitted By: (John63btf) on December 16, 2011, 11:24 am

Battlestar Galactica 1978 - TV Shows
Gotta be the Eastern Alliance. I can at least remember some of the Cylon episodes, but I can't remember anything about the EA except when they escaped off the Galactica (with Baltar's help, so again it goes back to the Cylons) -- Submitted By: (John63btf) on December 16, 2011, 11:19 am

Miss America Pageant - Random Topics
I don't really understand who the intended audience is for these things. Women are usually disinterested or outright offended by beauty pageants and they are just too dull and tame for today's men. A totally outdated concept that I won't be sad to see go away. And those child beauty pageants should be outlawed. -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on December 16, 2011, 12:31 am

Texting - Random Topics
I am totally for strict laws against texting while driving. But the NTSB is taking this too far by proposing bans on using hands-free devices in vehicles. -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on December 15, 2011, 11:48 pm

Clint Eastwood - Celebrities
Potential boning alert! Eastwood family getting a reality show. May God have mercy on his marriage. http://www.avclub.com/articles/clint-eastwoods-family-will-star-in-a-reality-show,66685/ -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on December 15, 2011, 9:38 pm

Warrant - Music Groups
Hair metal ROCKED! I miss my mullet. -- Submitted By: () on December 15, 2011, 5:46 pm

Super Dave - TV Shows
The show wasn't all that great but I thought it was interesting that he was actually the brother of Albert Brooks- and their original surname was EINSTEIN! LOL -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on December 15, 2011, 12:47 pm

Vlad The Impaler - Celebrities
Just so folks know- he got the name of 'the Impaler' for how he sometimes executed folks and it wasn't through the chest. The method's not something that most folks would want to have recreated for dramatic purposes but let's put it this way, it could have been the origin of the "Happy Days" catchphrase 'sit on it'! Yeah, truth's not only stranger but it can at times be NASTIER than fiction. -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on December 15, 2011, 12:29 pm

Atheism - Random Topics
Well, I'd say there are plenty of Republicans as well who aren't exactly living up to their religious convictions. Both sides are equally guilty. In all honesty, I'd like someone who was atheistic or agnostic to win a major office. Religion has way too much control in politics and it's rather annoying (and I'm Catholic btw). -- Submitted By: (kingbk) on December 15, 2011, 11:09 am

Toby Keith - Celebrities
"Red Solo Cup" is more suited as album filler, but somehow has managed to make it unto the Top 20 on the Country music charts.. Someone give me a fillet knife! -- Submitted By: () on December 15, 2011, 8:05 am

Justice League - TV Shows
Hey I liked John Stewart as the Green Lantern! -- Submitted By: (Chubby Rain) on December 15, 2011, 5:25 am

Atheism - Random Topics
Agreed. But then again, we know how truth and honesty hurts these politicians. -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on December 15, 2011, 5:05 am

Home Alone - Movie Series
I had no idea there were more than two of these films. I doubt I'm missing out on anything though. As for the first two, they're not too horribly bad. I can sit through them at least. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on December 14, 2011, 10:21 pm

Miss America Pageant - Random Topics
Does anyone even watch this anymore? -- Submitted By: (Jp) on December 14, 2011, 10:10 pm

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Music Groups
I'm not saying they should never get into the HOF but for me it's a little too soon. Especially since there are better bands that still haven't been recognized. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on December 14, 2011, 10:03 pm

Newt Gingrich - Celebrities
Porky Pig!!! -- Submitted By: () on December 14, 2011, 9:29 pm

Ann Coulter - Celebrities
Ann the man!!! -- Submitted By: () on December 14, 2011, 9:28 pm

Texting - Random Topics
Ah texting. Another way for we behind the wheels to be distracted. I mean why not throw another reason to multitask while driving. Change the radio stations, put on make up, come/brush hair, shave, eat a big greasy cheeseburger, drink HOT anything, call/text your buddy/girl on the all important topic(S) of that very minute. I remember those old Crash Test Dummy commercial. But I would alter it to (you can learn alot from a dummy, pay the F**K attention) -- Submitted By: (Jp) on December 14, 2011, 9:19 pm

Justice League - TV Shows
It had the wrong Green Lantern. -- Submitted By: () on December 14, 2011, 6:58 pm

Three Stooges, The - TV Shows
Boned when they brought out Joe and Curly Joe, the gay stooges. -- Submitted By: () on December 14, 2011, 6:50 pm

Ryan Reynolds - Celebrities
He has that amazing way of being funny, douchy, cute and serious all at once. its pretty amazing -- Submitted By: (KayGro27) on December 14, 2011, 6:29 pm

Atheism - Random Topics
Did you ever notice how there are no Atheist politicians? Even the hard-left politicians like the Kennedys or Clintons all claim to be devout believers and yet vote in favor of all kinds of things that go in direct opposition to their alleged religion's teachings. If ever a politician just came out as an Atheist I would totally respect that instead of the usual "go to church once every 4 years around election time" routine. -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on December 14, 2011, 4:48 pm

Occupy Wall Street - Random Topics
Yeah, I have to agree they are right about some things. But then they do 5 dumb things to counteract every 1 good thing they do. They're supposed to support the American worker, right? Well, our local Occupy branch is outreaching to the illegal immigrant (sorry, "undocumented worker") demographic to get involved in the movement. Those people are PART OF THE PROBLEM and are taking jobs away from American workers; they're basically the same thing as outsourcing and are benefiting only that 1% that Occupy despises. On the plus side, they're making life miserable almost daily for Adam Carolla, of which I applaud. -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on December 14, 2011, 4:38 pm

Laverne & Shirley in the Army - TV Shows
JayD, So which of them got turned into a talking pig? -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on December 14, 2011, 4:13 pm

Texting - Random Topics
No, DolFan, You are NOT the last holdout on the planet. I'm not about to get one of those gizmos that make it look like one's getting spastic on a cigarette case. Scary thing is that I know that more and employers and even colleges are REQUIRING their employees and students use those things. And I recently got a flu shot and they asked me if I wanted to sign up to get my medical stuff texted to me. WHY are employers, medical and educational authorities trying to push having very private info sent through thin air which could easily be intercepted by hackers? Only if my job ever makes it compulsory, will I break down and get one. -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on December 14, 2011, 4:02 pm

Back to the Future - Movie Series
DolFan, Segways are similiar to hoverboards- though they stay on the ground and cost most folks several months' rent. Still, I agree and would prefer hoverboard to Twitter,too! -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on December 14, 2011, 3:49 pm

Schoolhouse Rock! - TV Shows
The original 1970's episodes never boned, never saw any of the later ones. Thank "I'm just a Bill" for my having at least some idea of how a law gets through Congress. "Interplanet Janet" was a good one too. -- Submitted By: (John63btf) on December 14, 2011, 1:42 pm

Godzilla - Movie Series
Godzilla 1985, although the cheapness of "Godzilla vs Megalon" is tempting to vote for. -- Submitted By: (John63btf) on December 14, 2011, 1:25 pm

System of a Down - Music Groups
The only reason why I owned a System of a Down CD was because I won one in a radio station contest (was in a prize pack that I won). They were meh to begin with. -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on December 14, 2011, 3:56 am

Rick Perry - Celebrities
Perry might of done some good things in Texas, but the last thing we need in this nation is some religious nut, while we are still fighting a war against a bunch of religious nutballs (and could use the propaganda value of using the War on Terror as a "Holy War"). And the debates?!? Ohhhh boy, that guy has work to do. -- Submitted By: () on December 14, 2011, 1:35 am

Occupy Wall Street - Random Topics
I've said it elsewhere, and I'll say it here. Yes, I would bet you anything there are at least a few people protesting that have legitimate points, can peacefully and adequately make their point, and has some brains. Sadly, the sheer majority though seem to be either a bunch of teen's/young adults who seem to think that protesting is cool, and couldn't make a point even if you presented a good point for them on a piece of paper, or a bunch of troublemakers looking to take advantage of a situation. -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on December 14, 2011, 1:33 am

ESPN - Random Topics
Don't get me started on Chris Berman. If he died tomorrow, I would not miss him on TV. And for Dookie V... I mean Dick Vitale... I just hope that in reality, he hates Duke, and just pumps them up like they do so everybody else can hate them. -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on December 14, 2011, 1:30 am

Dexter - TV Shows
Am now a little puzled by this brother - siter thing between Dexter and Deb. This has got to stop or else. Wjat would Harry say? -- Submitted By: (lrbloom) on December 13, 2011, 8:47 pm

Captain Planet and the Planeteers - TV Shows
Linka and Gaia were hot. -- Submitted By: (Wolfix) on December 13, 2011, 8:28 pm

Occupy Wall Street - Random Topics
I fully support the movement. Something HAS to be done. Capitalism is broken and if nothing's done then in 3-5 years America as we know it will no longer exist. The methods on the other hand are a different story. -- Submitted By: (DolFan316) on December 13, 2011, 7:41 pm

ESPN - Random Topics
At this point I fail to see how any rational human being can take anything ESPN says seriously in any way whatsoever. -- Submitted By: (DolFan316) on December 13, 2011, 7:39 pm

Dallas Cowboys - Random Topics
Well even though my team is now FUBAR I can at least take comfort in the now traditional Cowboys December Dive :-D When will America wake up and see that Tony Romo is one of the most overrated people on the planet and stop caring who he happens to be screwing this month? -- Submitted By: (DolFan316) on December 13, 2011, 7:37 pm

Back to the Future - Movie Series
Still waiting for hoverboards though. Why couldn't that have been invented instead of texting and Twitter? (Sighs.) -- Submitted By: (DolFan316) on December 13, 2011, 7:34 pm

Jennifer Aniston - Celebrities
Not to mention I see women in public all the time who look as good or better than any celebrity. How would any list even come close to accounting for that? All time should mean all time, period. -- Submitted By: (DolFan316) on December 13, 2011, 7:30 pm

Texting - Random Topics
I may be the last holdout on the planet, but I am a diehard anti-texter!!! Seriously, when friends who invited me over starting texting other people when I'm there, it's gotten way out of hand. -- Submitted By: (DolFan316) on December 13, 2011, 7:28 pm

Wings - Music Groups
Most albums under the name Wings had an awful lot of filler. Band on the Run was the only Wings album to be a full album loaded with nothing but great songs. -- Submitted By: (JayD) on December 13, 2011, 12:49 pm

Brady Kids - TV Shows
This is a show about a bunch of kids who go on adventures without parental supervision. In virtually every cartoon based on a live action show, including this one, there are added funny animal characters used mainly for comedy relief. This show had two pandas and a magical bird of some kind. And Moptop was Hotdog from the Archie cartoons but in a different color. When the Brady Kids played their music, they were all in the same exact positions as the Archie characters with Greg and Peter aping the movements of Archie and Reggie. I actually enjoyed this show when I was 7 years old but seeing it now, I think it boned day one. -- Submitted By: (JayD) on December 13, 2011, 12:32 pm

Texting - Random Topics
Just like cell phones, some people are using them 24/7. I have even seen people texting while riding a bike. That's a 1000 Ways to Die episode waiting to happen. -- Submitted By: (JayD) on December 13, 2011, 12:01 pm

Laverne & Shirley in the Army - TV Shows
All that I can remember about this show was that annoying talking pig character. -- Submitted By: (JayD) on December 13, 2011, 11:52 am

Rick Perry - Celebrities
The "Strong" ad he made about a week ago has probably killed any opportunity he may have on winning the primaries. -- Submitted By: (cartooner) on December 13, 2011, 11:30 am

Laverne & Shirley in the Army - TV Shows
There were several cartoons in the early 80's that had familiar sitcom stars in unlikely situations, like the Happy Days gang traveling with that girl and her time machine...just awful -- Submitted By: (John63btf) on December 13, 2011, 11:09 am

Night Gallery - TV Shows
It was great while Rod still had some control over the show. When it turned into "The Sixth Sense", the show was over as far as I'm concerned. Some of the best - "The Caterpillar" (should have been called "The Earwig"), "Green Fingers", "The Return of the Sorcerer" and "Sins of the Father". -- Submitted By: () on December 13, 2011, 2:41 am

Laverne & Shirley in the Army - TV Shows
No lie - it sucked... -- Submitted By: () on December 13, 2011, 2:00 am

Ironside - TV Shows
Raymond Burr was always great. This was a good show... -- Submitted By: () on December 13, 2011, 12:50 am

Master, The - TV Shows
A decent, short-lived show that introduced the concept of "Ninjitsu" to the American public... -- Submitted By: () on December 13, 2011, 12:49 am

Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom - TV Shows
My dad loved this show and I used to watch it with him when I was a kid. Very well done and very informative... -- Submitted By: () on December 13, 2011, 12:29 am

Occupy Wall Street - Random Topics
So now they are blocking shipping ports as a part of their "movement." How does hurting the economy prove your point? I'm so sick and tired of these kooks. It's nothing more than an anarchist movement that needs to be stopped. -- Submitted By: (kingbk) on December 12, 2011, 8:40 pm

ESPN - Random Topics
PYLrulz, I realize your comment was made a year ago but I have to agree with you, ESPN is extremely biased. I'm certainly from a city that gets no love for it's professional sports teams. Even though, They've all done pretty well in the past and have had some marquee players along the way. It's never what they did right but always what the other team did wrong (if they win). Chris Berman is highly obnoxious as well -- Submitted By: (Jp) on December 12, 2011, 5:35 pm

Dallas Cowboys - Random Topics
And once again the Cowboys choke. That's ok, they would have lost in the first round anyway. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on December 12, 2011, 5:21 pm

Back to the Future - Movie Series
I find this to be interesting. The Florida Marlins are now the Miami Marlins. There is a scene, in the 2nd movie, where McFly sees a headline: Cubs win World Series against Miami in 2015. Now I don't really buy that this will actually happen for the simple fact that the Marlins and Cubs are both in the National League. I just thought it was kind of funny. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on December 12, 2011, 5:17 pm

Inspector Gadget - TV Shows
I didn't see the need for a movie to this show, either one of them. French Stewart playing Gadget, is far worse than Matthew Broderick IMO. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on December 12, 2011, 5:03 pm

Castle - TV Shows
Castle has probably jumped the shark. In an otherwise pretty good show that I rarely miss, I was sorely disappointed in the recent episode "Cuffed". While an interesting premise to have Castle and Beckett cuffed, it was beyond the pale and over the shark to introduce A FRICKING TIGER as a plot threat. Give me a break. -- Submitted By: (mountainguy) on December 12, 2011, 1:31 pm

Jennifer Aniston - Celebrities
DolFan, Thanks- of course if that list was accurate it would describe the 'hottest celeb woman in our lifetimes'. To say Jennifer Aniston [or any contemporary woman] is the hottest of ALL time shows that the participants aren't making even the slightest attempt to consider any history going back more than a few decades. -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on December 12, 2011, 12:53 pm

Texting - Random Topics
I'd agree excecpt that the only grunts to be made will be when folks wreck their cars while texting when they should have both eyes on the road and both hands free for the steering wheel and controls. Even those folks who text off the road look like they're playing with cigarette cases! Hello, humanity survived how many millions of years without these gadgets so why can't folks now endure even ten minutes without 'em? -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on December 12, 2011, 12:48 pm

Brady Kids - TV Shows
I agree in retrospect, John. However; being that this show premiered shortly after the time of Nixon's Visit to the People's Republic of China in 1972 I had a fascination with seeing whatever traditional Chinese people, places and things that had somehow survived the ravages of the Cultural Revolution. Hence; the idea of pandas living in the Brady household intrigued me enough to tune in but I don't think I made it through even one full cartoon episode because they [and the rest of the cast] were BORING! I never realized how much the show needed the parents and Alice until I saw this adult-free version. LOL -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on December 12, 2011, 12:44 pm

Christmas Story, A - Movie Series
As for the Schwartz thing- yeah in reality, that would be a rotten ting for a kid to do (and sometimes kids do rotten things, even kids who turn out to be pretty decent adults). However, I never ever, in the number of times I have seen this film, gotten the impression that the narrator ('Adult Ralphie'- who was, BTW, played by Jean Shepherd himself) was truly "defending", as an adult, what he did as a kid. If anything, I got the distinct impression he was just being facetious about HIMSELF. That's just my take on that particular bit. Regardless, I still like the movie. No, it certainly wasn't a 'shoulda got an Oscar' project, but it's fun (in small doses that is- I am WITH everyone who says that 'A Christmas Story' certainly doesn't rank 24 hour marathon showings like we seen to see somewhere virtually every Christmas) and it has a nostalgic quality to it that takes me back to much simpler times in my own life. -- Submitted By: (Friedrich_Feuerstein) on December 12, 2011, 9:56 am

Trashed - TV Shows
I can't make up my mind about this one. The show was hysterical when contestent's private treasures were destroyed, but some of the "prize possesions" were questionable, like someone's handful of CD's or a favorite pair of jeans. -- Submitted By: (John63btf) on December 11, 2011, 11:06 am

Brady Kids - TV Shows
Moptop and Ping and Pong the Pandas??? Get out yer fishing tackle... -- Submitted By: (John63btf) on December 11, 2011, 10:54 am

Paul McCartney - Celebrities
Boned with the "Broadstreet" movie. Up until then Paul was still having hit records, but careerwise he never was the same after. -- Submitted By: (John63btf) on December 11, 2011, 10:52 am

Wings - Music Groups
The live triple album, although good, was the peak. Everything after was tepid and it was no surprise that Paul pulled the plug on Wings. -- Submitted By: (John63btf) on December 11, 2011, 10:40 am

Texting - Random Topics
Just one more "technical advancement" that has de-socialized society. Soon, humans only "verbal" communication will be grunts. -- Submitted By: () on December 11, 2011, 10:38 am

Kids Incorporated - TV Shows
If you love hearing classic rock/pop songs with all passion and emotion drained out of them, this was the show for you. The 80's version of Glee... -- Submitted By: (John63btf) on December 11, 2011, 10:37 am

Grimm - TV Shows
This show is great and as long as NBC doesn't screw it up by messing with the schedule, it'll be fine. -- Submitted By: (Stephanie) on December 11, 2011, 10:32 am

Different World, A - TV Shows
David Letterman on air called this "The Almost Cosby Show". Fitting -- Submitted By: (John63btf) on December 11, 2011, 10:32 am

New Coke - Random Topics
Didn't New Coke try to copy the Pepsi taste or at least come close? And I do remember both being available, and then New gradually disappeared off the shelves. -- Submitted By: (John63btf) on December 11, 2011, 10:28 am

Taylor Swift - Celebrities
LOL@PYRulz :-) Personally, so many women are slutty these days that it's become boring to me--and never really appealed to me in large doses anyway. It's the women who DON'T give it up to every other guy she meets that I find sexy. How sexy can it be boning some chick who you already know will be doing some other guy next week? -- Submitted By: (DolFan316) on December 11, 2011, 2:47 am

Jennifer Aniston - Celebrities
Nope, I can't see it either. Then again we're talking about a HUGELY subjective thing that changes every year anyway no doubt. There is no hottest woman of all time period because hotness means different things to different people and it seems almost every so-called hot woman under 30 looks basically the same these days anyway. -- Submitted By: (DolFan316) on December 11, 2011, 2:45 am

Jennifer Aniston - Celebrities
She's starting to look like Barbra Streisand. And every interview with her she still goes on and on about Brad Pitt leaving her. At some point, people just have to move on. -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on December 11, 2011, 2:43 am

Christmas Story, A - Movie Series
I will say this. I'm looking at this movie in a new way now thanks to recent comments. Or at least I will when I see it 5 times in a row on Christmas like I do every year. It's a family thing, don't ask. -- Submitted By: (DolFan316) on December 11, 2011, 2:41 am

Taylor Swift - Celebrities
Wait, never mind. I didn't realize it was a reply to someone. Sorry Dol, you can take the venon I shot, and redirect it in John's direction. -_- -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on December 11, 2011, 12:08 am

Taylor Swift - Celebrities
I can get being wary of someone who seems so wholesome and clean cut, but DolFan, I think its unfair to prefer her to be some kind of slut. -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on December 11, 2011, 12:06 am

Burger King - Random Topics
Just tried the new fries. Didn't like them. They seemed to be unsalted, too. I don't know if they screwed up on mine, or they're all like that. -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on December 10, 2011, 7:59 pm

Jennifer Aniston - Celebrities
I read that she got voted 'Hottest Woman of All Time'- excuse me but no! I have nothing against her but can anyone imagine her face launching 1000 ships?! -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on December 10, 2011, 5:33 pm

New Coke - Random Topics
Travoltron, For a brief time, one COULD get both New Coke and Classic Coke. As to why they came up with this? Well, I believe that the original patent gave the company exclusive rights to the formula for 100 years and they took the original Coca Cola off the shelves and distributed the New Coke around the 99 year anniversary so let's just say it wouldn't totally surprise me if this turned out to have been a strategy to keep from losing the formula. -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on December 10, 2011, 4:48 pm

Taylor Swift - Celebrities
I neither hate nor love her, but at least she's not encouraging sluttiness...for now. It happened with Hannah Montana. -- Submitted By: (Robert) on December 10, 2011, 11:24 am

Christmas Story, A - Movie Series
Well, we just feel awful for Schwartz. Harsh punishment when he was innocent. Anyhow, I too cheered on Ralphie when he taught Farkus a lesson he'll never forget. If blaming Schwartz was when it boned, I can safely say it unboned when he gave Farkus his. And, though she squealed to Schwartz's mom, Ralphie's mom spared Ralphie REAL punishment from his dad for the bully fight, so she redeemed herself as well. Despite every bad event, a good event undoes it. We were sad for Ralphie when everyone told him he can't have his rifle, but happy for him when finally he got it. We were sad the turkey was ruined by the dogs, but happy when they had a great time and a duck dinner ("it's smiling at us!") at the Chinese restaurant. -- Submitted By: (Robert) on December 10, 2011, 11:22 am

Burger King - Random Topics
I just read somewhere that Burger King changed their fries again. I can't form a complete opinion on them, since I have yet to have them, but I've been wondering why fast food chains feel like changing their fries recently (such as Wendy's, which had my favorite fries before they changed it). I won't say that it's a "BAD" thing, but I keep wondering. -- Submitted By: (cartooner) on December 9, 2011, 11:55 pm

True Grit - Movie Series
I have yet to see the 1969 version with John Wayne. However, I just recently wathced the 2010 version with Jeff Bridges and it was amazing. How did this miss out at the Oscars, like no awards at all? Mr. Bridges was much better in his role than Colin Firth and while the King's Speech was still a good film - it was not as good as this. -- Submitted By: (johnnydough) on December 9, 2011, 6:23 pm

Miami Vice - TV Shows
The show was so great and cutting edge (music, fashions, etc.), but it doesn't hold up. -- Submitted By: (Rvbuilder) on December 9, 2011, 2:47 pm

Medium - TV Shows
I enjoyed the show by and large, but I couldn't figure out why the people with whom she shared her visions were always skeptical when she was always right. -- Submitted By: (Rvbuilder) on December 9, 2011, 2:45 pm

Christmas Story, A - Movie Series
Wow. Just- wow. And here I thought this was just some silly little Christmas movie from the early 80's where the adult narrator was recollecting a fondly remembered bygone Christmas where he was telling it from the POV of being a kid (but tempering it somewhat with the clarity of middle age). -- Submitted By: (Friedrich_Feuerstein) on December 9, 2011, 9:26 am

Baa Baa Black Sheep - TV Shows
The Peter Frampton episode for sure. Anyone remember if they made him cut his hair for the show? -- Submitted By: (John63btf) on December 9, 2011, 9:14 am

Magic Hour, The - TV Shows
I like how they deliberately kept the show on past five weeks so it would at least beat the time Chevy Chase's show lasted. -- Submitted By: (John63btf) on December 9, 2011, 8:56 am

Battle of the Network Stars - TV Shows
Robert Conrad's meltdown was pretty funny, he was so upset by a ruling that he challenged Gabe Kaplan to a footrace to settle the issue...which Gabe handily won. -- Submitted By: (John63btf) on December 9, 2011, 8:49 am

M*A*S*H - TV Shows
Radar leaving did it for me, one too many of the original characters gone and the show never seemed as funny after that. -- Submitted By: (John63btf) on December 9, 2011, 8:44 am

Taylor Swift - Celebrities
You'd prefer her to be a bad role model who openly encourages girls to be as slutty as possible? -- Submitted By: (DolFan316) on December 9, 2011, 3:15 am

Christmas Story, A - Movie Series
So let me get this straight. Not only was the wrong guy identified as the victim, but it was actually Ralphie's MOM at fault and the worst thing Ralphie can be accused of is not setting the record straight? Now I've seen the movie numerous times too and not once did I ever get upset over this. Is there something wrong with me? Or did I spend too much effort cheering on Ralphie when he gave the bully what he deserved? Hmmm... -- Submitted By: (DolFan316) on December 9, 2011, 3:05 am

Madonna - Music Groups
Madonna as an actor: ewwww! And Shanequia's comment doesn't deserve a -1. -- Submitted By: (Robert) on December 8, 2011, 6:53 pm

Christmas Story, A - Movie Series
Speak of the devil, it was on TCM recently. Turns out I messed up: it was Flick, not Schwartz, whose tongue was stuck on the pole (intriguingly, it was Schwartz who dared him into doing it). And since I had captions on, I was able to figure out the conversation over the phone: Ralphie's mom asked, "do you know where he learned it?" and Schwartz's mother accurately replied, "He must have learned it from your husband!" The reply was "NO! He learned it from your son!" Thus vindicating my claim that she wouldn't accept pinning the blame on her husband. And Dolfan, you're right, there are worse people who really deserve getting ripped up. Trust us, this is just an admonition. Nothing compared to how we feel against real-life villains. -- Submitted By: (Robert) on December 8, 2011, 6:50 pm

New Coke - Random Topics
I was just a kid when New Coke came out, but I remember asking my mom why does one have to replace the other? Why not have both? And I still don't understand why they couldn't do that. So much corporate stupidity in the 1980s like Jack in the Box killing off Jack and renaming to Monterey Jack's or Hasbro killing off Optimus Prime-- but New Coke takes the cake. -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on December 8, 2011, 5:58 pm

Judge Judy - TV Shows
I haven't seen this show in years, but from what I remember most of the litigants on this show were total morons. I can't really blame her for snapping at people like that, I don't suffer fools well either. -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on December 8, 2011, 5:52 pm

True Grit - Movie Series
Oops! I meant to say Matt Damon instead of Jude Law! Don't know why I got them confused. -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on December 8, 2011, 1:05 pm

True Grit - Movie Series
Why the Oscars didn't give ANY Oscars to the participants of the 2010 version, I'll never understand. Jeff Bridges and Jude Law each gave one of the best performances of their respective careers and that Hallie Steinfeld did an incredible job nailing Mattie a shrewd and determined 19th century US frontier girl in quixotic circumstance for her first movie role! -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on December 8, 2011, 1:03 pm

M*A*S*H - TV Shows
RIP Harry Morgan. Colonel Potter was easily my fave character on this show. Although I admit that I was sad seeing Henry become fish food [ I recall my mother crying when we saw it happen in '75], it was a relief to see someone show up who actually was able to corral ALL the Swamp Rats instead of letting Hawk and Ferret Face run amok and have their contests nonstop. Also, I liked how Potter was tough+ firm yet always fair and not without a sense of humor- just was needed for the sake of the wounded! Moreover, it was kind of ironic how he was able to command all these folks noticably taller than he! Of course, Mr. Morgan had had a career that went all the way back to the 1940's even playing a teenaged soda jerk in a movie that starred big bandleader Glenn Miller shortly before his own still mysterious death. 96 years is quite an accomplishment to reach and for that and his work, I salute him! -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on December 8, 2011, 12:50 pm