Wal-Mart - Random Topics
Read elainewood's posts on this site and ignore the rest. Her insight is far and away better than anybody else's here. BTW, JustLooking, if it weren't for unions and Social Security, most people would NEVER be able to retire like yourself. If left to their own devices, corporations would see to it that there would be NO employee rights-all rights would go exclusively to the employers. I, for one, do not want to live in such a Hell-Hole!!! You go Elaine! -- Submitted By: (jimdcarter) on May 31, 2013, 11:16 am

Modern Family - TV Shows
I don't watch the show because I can't stand that Manny kid. He seems to get way too much attention. -- Submitted By: (JayD) on May 29, 2013, 11:37 pm

Abe Vigoda - Celebrities
So is this guy dead now? He was wonderful as Fish. -- Submitted By: (JayD) on May 29, 2013, 11:22 pm

Billy Joel - Music Groups
I like all his stuff up until the Bridge album. Even the relatively obscure album Streetlife Serenade is full of great songs. His talents as a musician shines through on the instrumental "Rootbeer Rag." "We Didn't Start The Fire" is the only song of his that I can't stand. -- Submitted By: (JayD) on May 29, 2013, 11:17 pm

Jack in the Box (restaurant) - Random Topics
Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not. It just depends on my mood I guess. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on May 29, 2013, 7:43 pm

Teen Wolf - Movie Series
MTV has made a show out of this. It look horrible, but I haven't officially watched it. I just know, from a preview I had seen, some dude drowning another dude. I don't recall Michael J. Fox or Jason Bateman doing that one bit. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on May 29, 2013, 7:39 pm

Randy "Macho Man" Savage - Celebrities
Arguably, the most colorful and charismatic wrestler of all time. I bet, if he were alive today, he could show this new breed of carbon copy misfits how it's done. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on May 29, 2013, 7:11 pm

Dallas Cowboys - Random Topics
I think Geri "Atric" Jones should fire himself. Maybe, just maybe, the Cowboys can regain some credibility. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on May 29, 2013, 7:02 pm

Pittsburgh Penguins - Random Topics
Pre-Mario Lemieux, you couldn't pick out a Penguin fan in Pittsburgh even if you were given a thousand tries. After they started to stink again, people stayed away. Guaranteed once Crosby gets old, and the Penguins stink again, the fans will once away stay away in droves. At least Flyers fans stick with the team, even in the worst of times. -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on May 29, 2013, 12:11 pm

Youtube - Websites
Then again, when one is on top, and there really is no clear competitor to give us something to compete against YouTube, the one on top tends to get complacent, and knows it can get away with a lot more -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on May 29, 2013, 12:09 pm

George W. Bush - Celebrities
I'm sure there are others that could make that argument (Obama, Nixon, etc.) If anything, the guy was nothing more than a puppet, and Rumsfield, Cheney, etc. were the real power behind that presidency. -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on May 29, 2013, 12:08 pm

Survivorman - TV Shows
@jimdcarter: Since you've never watched the show, you're not in a very good position to dish on it. I won't dispute your point that reality TV shows in general have either gone BTF or are pretty close. I hardly watch any reality TV, so I'm not in a good position to argue with that point, and since I don't care much for reality TV in general, I'm not very inclined to argue with that point, anyway. But I have seen all the episodes of Survivorman, and where this show is concerned I'll dig my heels in and say that you're totally wrong. It kept its premise very simple: There is a situation and we see how the host deals with it. The basic premises of most other reality shows, however, rely on some kind of gimmick or con, which IMO places them on shaky ground from the start. (For that reason, the original Apprentice is one of the very few reality shows I've actually liked.) Anyway, Survivorman kept it simple, didn't stray from its premise, and also closed up shop before it had a chance to bone. Yes, Les Stroud's reason for quitting was the extreme physical demands of doing the show, but by a happy coincidence the timing also ensured the show would never bone. Still rocks in reruns!! -- Submitted By: (Mythigator) on May 29, 2013, 7:27 am

Justin Bieber - Celebrities
Three words: Annoying little brat. -- Submitted By: (paulbrec) on May 29, 2013, 1:41 am

Youtube - Websites
Youtube is a huge major pain in my rump roast. I really hate how they try to police the Internet. They are a video hosting site. That is all they are. They are always trying to tell people what they can and can not put in a video. You know, a lot of people who use Youtube were producing film and video long before Youtube was even thought of. -- Submitted By: (paulbrec) on May 29, 2013, 1:36 am

Bill Clinton - Celebrities
NAFTA!!! -- Submitted By: (jimdcarter) on May 29, 2013, 12:09 am

Katy Perry - Celebrities
@johnnydough: that "dumb" look is from her true thoughts showing. -- Submitted By: (jimdcarter) on May 29, 2013, 12:08 am

Sara Gilbert - Celebrities
Fugly!!! -- Submitted By: (jimdcarter) on May 28, 2013, 11:56 pm

George W. Bush - Celebrities
WORST PRESIDENT EVER! -- Submitted By: (jimdcarter) on May 28, 2013, 11:43 pm

Peter Falk - Celebrities
Just one more thing...Peter Falk was cool! -- Submitted By: (jimdcarter) on May 28, 2013, 11:39 pm

Bill Hicks - Celebrities
Not just a comedian; this guy was a prophet! -- Submitted By: (jimdcarter) on May 28, 2013, 9:50 pm

Arrested Development - TV Shows
Never boned. Question for discussion: does the Netflix season (Season 4) get counted here? Given some of the reviews, I could imagine that a sizable contingent of viewers might felt that it Boned The Fish during Season 4, as the tone was darker and the plotting and pacing changed, and the inclusion of some new actors to play younger versions of existing characters (Kristen Wiig, Seth Rogen, Max Winkler) is sure to be controversial. Ironically the exact moment that perhaps was closest to boning in Season 4, IMHO, involves some of the scenes with Max Winkler playing a younger version of his father\'s character (Barry Zuckerkorn). -- Submitted By: () on May 28, 2013, 9:44 pm

Bert is Evil - Websites
I can't argue with Bert being a scowly stick in the mud. But Elmo is evil. He's red, part of his name rhymes with "Hell", he controls the minds of little children...Methinks his loopiness is just a cover for how evil he really is. :D -- Submitted By: (Robert) on May 28, 2013, 3:20 pm

Angry Beavers, The - TV Shows
One episode stands out for how Godawful it is (it's so bad calling it "Godawful" is actually a compliment!): "Up All Night 2", the sequel to Up All Night. It picks up where the episode left off, with the brothers stuck in the future. Suddenly, it's deus ex machina time: an outhouse TARDIS appears, and takes them back to the past. Now they're too tired to sleep. They flop all over the place. Then they lay in front of each other sticking out their tongues and raspberrying each other. Then their tongues tangle together. Then they fall asleep, the end. It has to be the worst episode of any cartoon. Why did it have to be the Angry Beavers, one of the best Nicktoons? Practically all episodes after that were crap. But none of them could top Up All Night 2 in terms of badness. -- Submitted By: (Robert) on May 28, 2013, 3:12 pm

Arrested Development - TV Shows
Never boned. Question for discussion: does the Netflix season (Season 4) get counted here? Given some of the reviews, I could imagine that a sizable contingent of viewers might felt that it Boned The Fish during Season 4, as the tone was darker and the plotting and pacing changed. Ironically the exact moment that perhaps was closest to boning in Season 4, IMHO, involves some of the scenes with Max Winkler playing a younger version of his father's character (Barry Zuckerkorn). -- Submitted By: (texasyojimbo) on May 28, 2013, 1:40 am

Survivorman - TV Shows
Never watched it, never will. All reality shows are starting to bone. ENOUGH ALREADY! Let's have somw real TV for a change, like Breaking Bad or Mad Men. -- Submitted By: (jimdcarter) on May 27, 2013, 11:42 pm

Two and a Half Men - TV Shows
With Charlie gone, this show hits a new low each week. I have given this show many second chances before, but I am so done with it now. -- Submitted By: (jimdcarter) on May 27, 2013, 11:29 pm

Billy Joel - Music Groups
While one can say Billy Joel's music never Boned The Fish or Jumped The Shark, Billy did when he divorced Christie Brinkley and put out his last album of new vocal songs in 1993 with The River Of Dreams. 20 years later Joel has no interest in returning to music and to playing concerts as much as he did in the 70s through the early 00s and a tour he took in 2005. He is now focused on living his life off his royalties. His drinking also got worse for a period to where he crashed his car into a wall and went off to rehab. Then his marriage to his wife Katie Lee ended. He gave up writing new songs and working on melodies. About all he managed to do was a album of classical works and some compilations or a live album and that sort of thing. Elton John has said Billy is lazy now. Then Elton claimed Billy stopped touring with him because he wasn't in the mood. To which Joel said there was a misunderstanding on tour dates. Joel does claim to the New York Times that he writes classical music still and stuff that he likes. But no more rock and pop tunes. He plum got burned out with pop music. So for that he jumped the shark/ boned the fish when he divorced Christie, and rolled out his last album. It all came at the same time followed by him marrying a woman 20 to 30 years younger who later left him as well. -- Submitted By: (AlanVallazza) on May 26, 2013, 12:31 pm

Bert is Evil - Websites
Bert is evil 'cause he's got that perpetual scowl on his face. And also because he's the wet-blanket pissing-in-the-cornflakes sourpuss counteragent to Ernie's fun-loving nature. As for Elmo, he's loopier than a truckload of Froot Loops cereal, but he's not evil. One could well speculate what drugs he might be on, though. -- Submitted By: (Mythigator) on May 26, 2013, 1:20 am

Diff'rent Strokes - TV Shows
The show boned for me when I saw how the cast members' personal lives went off the rails after the original broadcast run. Like Chubby said, when you know what's going to happen to these people in real life, it makes the show pretty much unwatchable. -- Submitted By: (Mythigator) on May 26, 2013, 1:04 am

Diff'rent Strokes - TV Shows
The Gordon Jump episode was a two-parter. One part would have been enough. I really enjoyed the show as a kid, but in hindsight I think it was a very cheesy show. Same with Silver Spoons. -- Submitted By: (JayD) on May 25, 2013, 5:05 pm

Target - Random Topics
I really hate their latest commercial which uses a really bad version of the Mr. Rogers theme. -- Submitted By: (JayD) on May 25, 2013, 4:56 pm

Saturday Night Live - TV Shows
Good point, Travltron. My fave era was from 1975 to 1980 and I know how it goes. The show was like that cohort whom one couldn't hang out with enough in junior high but ,after one got past the junior high stage ,said cohort was STILL acted like they were in junior high and one could barely stand them in same doses thereafter. -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on May 25, 2013, 1:09 pm

Skittles - Random Topics
The commercials have become really strange, Starburst too. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on May 24, 2013, 6:27 pm

Futurama - TV Shows
Too much gross, cutesy or pathetic humor. That stuff works in small doses. Not as a life stlye. Similar to the Tim and Eric show, the recurring joke in Futurama is that "everything is all messed up." The stories often have a clumsly feel to them. Once in a while a good episode. The Simpsons in its heyday (first few seasons) rolled up and smoked all of Futurama. -- Submitted By: (ExTVLover) on May 23, 2013, 12:01 pm

South Park - TV Shows
When Comedy Central censored episode 201, the terrorists won. -- Submitted By: (TheTruth) on May 22, 2013, 11:00 am

Diff'rent Strokes - TV Shows
I love this show but you could name many reasons for Boning The Fish - more than it's fair share of "Very Special Episodes" and poor Gordon Jump being cast as the child molester to name a couple. The main piece of evidence that this show Boned The Fish is that the role of Maggie (Dixie Carter/Mary Ann Mobley) was recast, which begs the question of why the role of Maggie was even created to begin with? Still love the show though, especially since it brought us The Facts Of Life. -- Submitted By: (TheTruth) on May 22, 2013, 10:57 am

Maude (TV series) - TV Shows
The interesting thing about both Maude and All In The Family is that both conservatives and liberals got portrayed as bumbling fools. It's a pretty timeless quality as that is still true in today's political climate. -- Submitted By: (TheTruth) on May 22, 2013, 10:51 am

Major League Baseball (MLB) - Random Topics
Two words: Bud Selig. This asshat is unquestionably the most inept piece of shit who was ever put in charge of a major sport. Just retire already! -- Submitted By: (TheTruth) on May 22, 2013, 10:45 am

Beverly Hillbillies - TV Shows
Pelirojo, it wasn't Shorty who cheated them. It was Honest John played by Phil Silvers. -- Submitted By: () on May 21, 2013, 10:11 pm

Beverly Hillbillies - TV Shows
Fletch, it went color in its 4th season so they had only been there 3 years at that point. Do your research, please. -- Submitted By: (UncleJed) on May 21, 2013, 10:10 pm

Shrek - Movie Series
I hated the third one and it really boned but somehow Unboned itself with the fourth movie, which I loved. It's my favorite of them all. -- Submitted By: (JericaLily) on May 21, 2013, 6:18 pm

ABC Weekend Special - TV Shows
I definitely preferred Willie Tyler and Lester to that OG Readmore character so I feel like the quality took a hit when Willie left. Also they started playing certain ones way too much like "The Secret World of Og." Did they lose the rights to their own backlog? Wonderful show though and the theme song is one of my favorite childhood memories. -- Submitted By: (JericaLily) on May 21, 2013, 5:54 pm

LazyTown - TV Shows
Magnus Scheving is hot. -- Submitted By: (JericaLily) on May 21, 2013, 5:52 pm

Captain Planet and the Planeteers - TV Shows
Total propaganda show however it had a a few refreshingly real moments. It definately boned when the aliens showed up. I'm glad we didn't have to see the version they would have made in the uber PC future. Linka would be dating Qwame; Wheeler would be dating Gee; Ma Ti would still be a wuss. White males would be even more double minus bad etc. -- Submitted By: (ExTVLover) on May 21, 2013, 4:15 pm

RollerCoaster Tycoon - Random Topics
In Game 3 you can make some waterslides that no park in their right mind would ever build. I have one called the Saxophone. It's 400'high and shaped exactly like the instrument. It's fun to watch the riders fly out the mouth and into the pool! -- Submitted By: (Regulus) on May 21, 2013, 1:39 pm

RollerCoaster Tycoon - Random Topics
I used to like drowning all the guests in a lake, then reopening the park (All the guests who drowned were immediately replaced with new peeps, and since they all paid admission you\'d make $500,000.00 real quick! -- Submitted By: (Regulus) on May 21, 2013, 1:37 pm

Captain Midnight - TV Shows
If there are any of those "Secret Squadron" decoders still bouncing around I'm sure somebody would be willing to pay top dollar on Ebay to get one! -- Submitted By: () on May 21, 2013, 1:13 pm

West Wing, The - TV Shows
"Could it be you were an actor in an Aaron Sorkin liberal fantasy?" - Barack Obama. OK, the President wasn't talking about THIS show in particular, but even he thinks Sorkin's stuff is ridiculous. -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on May 21, 2013, 12:57 pm

Back to the Future - Movie Series
I was bummed when I saw "The End" after the third movie. Remember the event that sent Doc back to the old west. There was some kind of malfunction with the time circuit just before the bolt of lightning struck the car. That malfunction would happen again when Marty attempts to return to 1985. Going over the ravine, he notices something peculiar as the car crosses the intersection, all the cars are antique automobiles! He looks at the circuit and realizes he's in the year 1927! He makes a rudimentary repair to the car so that it can run on gas, at least long enough to get back to 1985. He goes to a gas station to get gas, he interrupts a young couple who kissing behind the gas station. He gets the gas, then exits the station. The couple enters the station, suddenly a Car with Gangsters brandishing Tommy Guns drives at a high rate of speed, they open fire on the station, killing the owner of the station and the couple. Marty evades them, then hops in the Delorian and steps on the gas, a Steam Locomotive hot on his heels. Finally arriving in 1985 guess what? The Casino is back, but not owned by Biff. He also finds out Jennifer was never born! (That couple he ran across were Jennifer's Grandparents). Returning to the railroad tracks, he sees the Delorian destroyed, but then here comes Doc in his souped-up Locomotive. Marty hops in and they now embark on a adventure in the Roaring 20s! -- Submitted By: () on May 21, 2013, 12:56 pm

Saturday Night Live - TV Shows
SVN ..my feelings EXACTLY about Dana Carvey (The Church Lady) He (she?) was funny!! Also the other acts Mr. Carvey did were hysterical as well! -- Submitted By: (Katzi428) on May 21, 2013, 12:46 pm

Criminal Minds - TV Shows
Probably the best show on TV in the last 10 years. The characters are interesting and the villians are too. Drawbacks: It suffers from something I call Law and Order syndrome. Once you've seen between 50 or 100 episodes you seen all of them. Of course the details change but the basic plot twists repeat themselves. It gets stale. The characters are a bit too stereotypical. Reid is the nerd, Morgan is the jock, Penelope is the insecure large woman, etc. A little character development will go a looooong way toward keeping a show interesting in the years to come. -- Submitted By: (ExTVLover) on May 21, 2013, 11:24 am

Tumblr - Websites
Well, Yahoo has now officially bought Tumblr. The things that concern me most about this is that a) Yahoo has a tendency to screw up sites they buy, and b) The average Yahoo commenter and the average Tumblr user are on the exact polar opposite ends of the political spectrum. -- Submitted By: (cartooner) on May 20, 2013, 10:06 pm

Big Bang Theory - TV Shows
One of the very few current shows that I watch nowadays. I got hooked once the show entered syndication plus I like the theme song. -- Submitted By: (JayD) on May 20, 2013, 12:30 am

Jerry Seinfeld - Celebrities
I don't see why people are dissing him. I think he's a fine comedian and what I like most about his routines is that he keeps it clean. -- Submitted By: (JayD) on May 20, 2013, 12:03 am

Yahoo! - Websites
I'm now hearing rumors that Yahoo is planning to buy Tumblr for $1 billion. All I can say is, if they do buy it, this isn't going to go over well with Tumblr users. -- Submitted By: (cartooner) on May 19, 2013, 3:49 pm

Sandra Bernhard - Celebrities
She looks like Quentin Tarantino. -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on May 19, 2013, 12:38 pm

Vegas - TV Shows
I was starting to like this show, too bad CBS has cancelled it. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on May 19, 2013, 11:38 am

Black Friday - Random Topics
Black Firday, a day where people trample others for sales exactly one day after being thankful for what they already have. -- Submitted By: (cartooner) on May 18, 2013, 9:16 pm

Tumblr - Websites
Tumblr is an interesting site, although the "social justice" blogs are pretty annoying. -- Submitted By: (cartooner) on May 18, 2013, 9:07 pm

Sandra Oh - Celebrities
She has just one facial expression - sad/shock/confusion. How can you be an actress, when very emotion looks the same? -- Submitted By: (SandyQ8) on May 18, 2013, 7:41 am

Homicide: Life on the Street - TV Shows
The hands-down best police drama ever. -- Submitted By: (SandyQ8) on May 18, 2013, 7:11 am

Barack Obama II - Celebrities
But he'll keep his job. Why?!? Because he's a Democrat, and thy don't wat one of their own getting railroaded. Then again, when Clinton was getting impeached, it was over a hummer in the White House. This is a little more serious. Maybe there can be some hope, and party doesn't rule over all... But I doubt it. -- Submitted By: (PYLrulz) on May 18, 2013, 12:21 am

Freddie Prinze - Celebrities
Once again, somebody proves that death is always a bad career move! RIP Freddie! -- Submitted By: (jimdcarter) on May 17, 2013, 11:31 pm

Curly Howard - Celebrities
Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!!! -- Submitted By: (jimdcarter) on May 17, 2013, 11:15 pm

Sandra Bernhard - Celebrities
Fugly! -- Submitted By: (jimdcarter) on May 17, 2013, 9:56 pm

Jerry Seinfeld - Celebrities
Most overrated comedian ever on the most overrated show ever (Seinfeld)!!! Unfunny as Hell! Boned at birth. -- Submitted By: (jimdcarter) on May 17, 2013, 9:55 pm

Caillou - TV Shows
Is he not just a Charlie Brown ripoff? -- Submitted By: (Jp) on May 17, 2013, 9:35 pm

2000s - Random Topics
Can you imagine if Y2K happened? Oh the mass panic that would cause! From top to bottom too. Learning how to cope without technology. Sometimes I wish it would have happened. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on May 17, 2013, 9:33 pm

American Idol - TV Shows
I think it's time for American Idol and all related content to come to a halt finally. How can people still watch these shows? -- Submitted By: (Jp) on May 17, 2013, 9:28 pm

Monster.Com - Websites
I agree with SSM, Monster pairing up with Yahoo was the boning moment. I quit using the site after that happened. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on May 17, 2013, 9:24 pm

Boy Meets World - TV Shows
So...there is going to be a spin off to this show. "Girl Meets World" It's about Cory and Topanga's kids. Sounds like it'll have similar tones that the original did. It supposed to air on Disney Channel, so it'll probably be a cheesy tuna melt. -- Submitted By: (Jp) on May 17, 2013, 9:13 pm

Big Bang Theory - TV Shows
It was a mistake to show Mrs. Wolowitz on screen in season 6. -- Submitted By: (finnw) on May 17, 2013, 6:33 am

Barack Obama II - Celebrities
This man has four controversies right now to deal with. It would be one thing if it was one, maybe even two, but four? Something sure seems fishy about that. I'm right down the middle moderate and this doesn't look good. Even famous liberal Chris Matthews is getting cold feet about Obama. -- Submitted By: (kingbk) on May 16, 2013, 4:39 pm

Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern - TV Shows
Tastes differ with culture and belive me, some of our favorite American foods disgust a large segement of the world's population. I was completely shocked by a German exchange student that lived with us for a year when I was in high school. He hated peanut butter, I mean HATED it! He would get physically ill if he even smelled it. It wasn't that he was allergic to nuts, he loved eating roasted peanuts but the idea of peanut butter was gross. He also despised Oreos and most other American cookies, found them way too sweet, and ketchup was Satan's condiment to him and he was grossed out by the way we put it on everything. One day I made a peanut butter, oreo and ketchup sandwich and ate it in front of him, he totally threw up, just as if we saw someone scoop up a handful of roaches and mucnh down on them! -- Submitted By: (jmac9909) on May 16, 2013, 8:18 am

Wonder Years, The - TV Shows
This show had a lot going for it the first few years including a fantastic cast that was allowed to do a broad spectrum of stories featuring all of the central characters. Dan Luria and Alley Mills as Mr. and Mrs. Arnold were completely awsome, as was Olivia d'Abo as the older sister and David Schwimmer as her hippie boyfriend. Sadly, the series became obsessed with the love life of Kevin. Episode after episode centered around his never ending quest to bag The Coop. It was ridiculous, contrived and very boring. If they had to do a Kevin story every week, why did they abandon the touching stories about his relationships with his dad, his mom, his siblings, and his best friend Paul? I remember two very moving episodes with Kevin and his dad. The first one they got lost on a mission from mom and ended up talking like friends for hours. In the other one, Dad Arnold took his two boys on a fishing trip. Kevin bitched and moaned the whole time and it took his brother, the usually obnoxious Wayne, to tell him how much the trip meant to their dad, it wasn't about fishing, it was about sharing something precious with his sons. It made me cry the first time I saw it! After that episode the show became a teen soap. Kevin became a 2-dimensional creep and the show no longer held any interest for me. -- Submitted By: (jmac9909) on May 16, 2013, 8:05 am

Black Friday - Random Topics
I feel for the employees of the big stores like Walmart and Meijers (Midwest USA) where the company decided a couple years back that they would stay open on Thanksgiving and through till Friday. So basically they decided that the owners get to enjoy Thanksgiving, but the workers have to suck it up and stay at work. -- Submitted By: (rgphillips1971) on May 16, 2013, 7:13 am

Porkys - Movie Series
@Joebagodoughnuts How about the fact that Mickey had none of the wounds he had the night before? He wasn't even on crutches. The only good part of number two was from then meeting with the KKK and to the end, that's it. Hell, I fast forward through the restaurant scene because it takes so long. And there was no point in that third one -- Submitted By: (rgphillips1971) on May 16, 2013, 6:37 am

Mel Blanc - Celebrities
Absolutely un-boneable! Best voice actor ever! -- Submitted By: (jimdcarter) on May 15, 2013, 10:59 pm

Squirrels - Random Topics
Pelirojo, you're not fooling, they definitely are pests. I haven't had much problems from them, however my brother in law has. He omplained about them all the time. lol -- Submitted By: (Jp) on May 15, 2013, 8:29 pm

Saturday Night Live - TV Shows
I wonder if SNL is just one of those shows that you simply outgrow. I remember watching it in the early '90s with my friends and their parents would tell me how much the show sucked now and wasn't half as funny as it was in the John Belushi years. Now people my age, myself included, are saying the same thing about the current cast and longing for the '90s version. I recall Season 20 (1994-1995) to be the boning point. All my friends had gone away to college and I turned on SNL to liven my spirits to find that the entire SNL cast that I knew had gone away as well! -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on May 15, 2013, 5:45 pm

Breaking Bad - TV Shows
Super, great, fantastic modern day morality tale about an everyman who turns evil. Walter White had everyone's sympathy and support when all he wanted to do was leave a little cash behind for his family after he died from cancer. I can forgive him for cooking up a little meth if it meant his wife and kids would have a home. Walter, however, became obsessed with making the best meth, than becoming the best meth distributor, and now apparently he wants to be the world-wide meth czar. How much money is enough? In the final episode of Season 5.1 his wife showed him the stack of clean cash they had accumulated. It was 10 feet tall by 20 feet long on each side. It was so much cash they could not even count it, let alone spend it in several lifetimes. Although Walter promised to quit, there is no way he will walk away. I suspect he is going to plow all of that money into creating his super meth net. He even told Jesse, "It's not about the money anymore, it's about the power." -- Submitted By: (jmac9909) on May 15, 2013, 12:45 pm

House - TV Shows
House was a great show and is greatly missed at our house. I think that Hugh Laurie simply wanted to move on, he was after all the only indispensable character on the show, all the others came and went and some came back again. Well, except for Wilson, he and House had one of the greatest and funniest bro-mances in TV history! This show could have lasted 20 years in my opinion. My favorite episode was when the team was treating a totally obnoxious 14-year old, super-smart and super creepy kid who had attacked an opponent during a chess match. The only one who liked the kid was House because he must have been just like him as a teen! -- Submitted By: (jmac9909) on May 15, 2013, 12:27 pm

American Restoration - TV Shows
OMG! They have killed a pretty good show that used to be all about restoring objects and all the skills it takes to complete a project. Now its all about those little weirdoes Tyler and Brettly and Rick's ex-stripper wife. They never show any of the actual work anymore and concentrate on staged pranks and sight gags. Too bad. I think Rick Dale is a genius at what he does but this show just makes him look like a jerk. -- Submitted By: (jmac9909) on May 15, 2013, 12:12 pm

Pawn Stars - TV Shows
I hate Corey! He is the most obnoxious person ever and if he gave me his condescending crap and called me chief, I'd leave the store and never come back. This show is still pretty good when they concentrate on Rick and the Old Man and their vast knowledge of the business. Lately, like the last two seasons, they have these staged funny scenes usually involving Corey and Chum, it really detracts from the show and makes me want to stop watching. I also read an interview with Rick about how on filming days they close the shop and only allow pre-selected customers inside. It seems like the whole thing is pretty staged. -- Submitted By: (jmac9909) on May 15, 2013, 12:08 pm

Rush Limbaugh - Celebrities
Sometimes Limpballs has to open his mouth just to change feet. -- Submitted By: (jimdcarter) on May 14, 2013, 10:39 pm

Lost in Space - TV Shows
The show boned when it became the Will; Dr. Smith and Robot Show. Enough said! -- Submitted By: (Pete) on May 14, 2013, 8:14 pm

Carol Burnett and Friends - TV Shows
This was one of the best shows in TV history. I could go on and on but won't. Great writing. Some of the best moments were the spoofs made of television commercials. With that being said the show did go down hill the last few years. -- Submitted By: (Pete) on May 14, 2013, 8:09 pm

Ben 10 - TV Shows
Ben 10 was an intriguing concept: a boy gains the ability to transform into aliens via a device attached to his arm. Ben 10 was just the right mix of action and sci-fi, and the villains ranged from schoolyard bullies to all-powerful alien warlords bent on dominating or annihilating the universe...with the means to do so. I got into it, and it was clearly one of the better shows on Cartoon Network. As episodes pass, up sprout plot twists: turns out Grandpa Max, the plumber, is not a real plumber, but an MIB-esque Plumber. It didn't really annoy me, but it seems more like they just took his plumber career and dodged a continuity error by making him a "different" kind of plumber. Then came the point where my suspension of disbelief was loaded past its maximum: Gwen can use magic! Aliens are one thing, but magic? I shook my head. Then, instead of adding seasons, the show spins off: Alien Force. Ultimate Alien. Omniverse. Then, the suspension of disbelief--already under the force of its past-maximum load--is crushed under an even heavier load: Uncle Max has an alien for a wife! Ben and Gwen are the quarter-alien children of their half-alien fathers! OK, Omniverse isn't bad, but all that plot twist nonsense...and it just keeps adding up. -- Submitted By: () on May 14, 2013, 6:01 pm

Designing Women - TV Shows
This show was funny, very funny for the first few seasons. Then it got preachy. Julia was funny as a satirical character but when the show started taking her politics seriously, it started going downhill. I loved Delta Burke's Suzanne Sugarbaker! And the characters played by Jean Smart, Annie Potts, and Meshach Taylor. However they turned Anthony into a stereotypical Tom, he was very funny when he ridiculed the Sugarbakers to their faces and their liberal guilt allowed him to get away with it but after he became a money grubbing creep, like them, he got unfunny, quick! When Delta left the show, they should have wrapped it up. Instead they hired the insipid Julia Duffy who never fit in. Suzanne was the heart and soul of this show because she was 1: funny as hell! 2: had a huge heart and loved everyone and 3: all the characters loved her and their interactions just weren't the same after she left. -- Submitted By: (jmac9909) on May 14, 2013, 5:20 pm

Man vs. Food - TV Shows
This show was great, until Adam Richman had other people do the challenges for him. Something tells me that a doctor told Adam that he shouldn't do the challenges anymore they would take years off his life. -- Submitted By: (bjohn345) on May 14, 2013, 4:10 pm

Dallas (2012 TV Series) - TV Shows
I loved this show so far. The only issue I had with it from season one is the new generation. Every now and then I would watch the show and catch myself saying I don't care about John Ross, Christopher or Elena. Where's JR, Sue Ellen and Bobby? They corrected that a lot in the second season, and had me more invested with their story lines. But still some of the best scenes are when you see the characters of the old Dallas universe make cameos like Cliff Barnes, Lucy,Ray Krebbs, Gary and Valene Ewing and Afton Cooper. And even the writers and producers acknowledge this. And I know what a lot of Dallas fans still wonder. Where's Pam? Is she alive or dead? Where has she been? -- Submitted By: (bjohn345) on May 14, 2013, 3:59 pm

Mannequin - Movie Series
I remember loving the first one as a teen, but the second one could not hold my attention. -- Submitted By: (rgphillips1971) on May 14, 2013, 10:47 am

Creep Show - Movie Series
When I first saw the first movie, the part with King as the hillbilly really freaked me out. But I was a kid back then. Now I can't watch the one about the germ freak. That just creeps me out -- Submitted By: (rgphillips1971) on May 14, 2013, 10:39 am

Reality Television - Random Topics
I have netflix and no desire to get cable. I have almost every 80's show I watched way back when on instant queue. I have hated reality TV since it started getting big with Real world on MTV. I can't bring myself to watch the contest shows like survivor when all are all out to screw the other person over and then sit there crying. "Boo hoo, I can't believe they cheated on me, boo hoo." -- Submitted By: (rgphillips1971) on May 14, 2013, 10:09 am

Saturday Night Live - TV Shows
Watched it this weekend for Kristen Wiig's long awaited return as host. Let me say that I stand by my previous comments that this show has boned. The cold open on this episode was possibly the worst one I've ever seen. It pandered to their liberal audience so badly and it was tacky with the references to the Cleveland kidnapping situation. Bill Hader could sense it was bombing and ended it early. Wiig then copied SNL alums Rudolph, Myers and Fallon and did the whole "behind the scenes song and dance" opening monologue routine. Yawn. Outside of the Disney Channel skit which was very funny and Weekend Update, it was a bunch of recycled skits that haven't been funny in years. The Californians needs to be put to pasture. Is this where the show is now? If so, please put it to rest. -- Submitted By: (kingbk) on May 13, 2013, 4:57 pm

Bobs Burgers - TV Shows
I admit this show had a rocky start but I adore H. Jon Benjamin and have been a fan since he did the voice of Ben on Dr. Katz. This show features a weird animation style rendering everyone ugly and strange looking, which probably turned off a lot of people. I kept watching and soon the strangeness wore off and I started to like the characters. Bob's son Gene is the funniest kid on TV, ever! Bob himself is pretty funny and you have to admire the guy for following his dream, even if that dream includes running a beat-up burger shop and barely avoiding poverty. The social satire on the show is priceless, especially when the Belcher's see how the rich people they admire are crude half-wits and not very nice. I'm glad Fox stuck with this show which is now a hit and has a loyal following. -- Submitted By: (jmac9909) on May 13, 2013, 12:57 pm

Eight Simple Rules - TV Shows
Brilliant show before John Ritter died, superb cast and the interaction between characters was incredibly realistic. If they had to keep the show on the air (after all it was a huge hit)they should have let it be Katey Sagal's show. She is certainly strong enough to carry the lead! James Garner's grand dad was a nice touch but the show totally destroyed itself when David Spade showed up! It went from being a sweet show about a sweet family to a moronic mass-produced sitcom with characters you wanted to hate. -- Submitted By: (jmac9909) on May 13, 2013, 12:44 pm

Adventures of Pete & Pete, The - TV Shows
I loved this show from the start! I was 13 when it debuted in 1993 and 16 when it was cancelled after just 3 short seasons and only 39 episodes. What most adults didn't understand about the show is it depicted the world the way kids see it, particularly young teens, as represented by the older Pete, played by the very cool Michael Marona. He didn't understand the world of young kids anymore, represented by younger Pete and his friends, and he sure as hell didn't understand the adult world, so everything just seemed surreal and bizarre to him. I remember seeing things at that age I didn't understand and just thought the world was crazy. The soundtrack featured some of the best grunge garage bands of the day and added to the feeling of loneliness experienced by older Pete. -- Submitted By: (jmac9909) on May 13, 2013, 12:34 pm

Flo (Progressive Insurance) - Random Topics
Flo's constant perkiness can be annoying, and I could certainly understand someone choosing that as a BTF reason for her. However, she does do her job, as an advertising character enhancing the brand awareness of what she's promoting. And in her own odd way, she's kinda hot, particularly in the ad where she's outdoors in a rainstorm. However, Flo herself (actually her actress Stephanie Courtney) would be quick to disclaim the hotness factor, as she's been quoted as saying that the GEICO gecko "puts out more sexual vibes than Flo does". -- Submitted By: (Mythigator) on May 13, 2013, 7:31 am

Nickelodeon - TV Shows
In Canada, YTV shows all the Nick shows and guess what? It's nearly all SpongeBob, all the time. I've seen previews of that awful "Mork" clone, and thought it was gross when he barfed up a bowl of cereal and milk. -- Submitted By: (JayD) on May 12, 2013, 12:11 pm