Guns N Roses - Music Groups
Oddly- I got Chinese Democracy out of morbid curiousity...and it was actually a great album. I cant wait til the next release in 2026.... oh well...get out your vinegar and slaw... -- Submitted By: (Chubby Rain) on September 4, 2009, 5:17 pm

Bonsai Kitten - Websites
Some people actually thought this was real. There really is one born every minute. -- Submitted By: (Robert) on September 4, 2009, 1:55 pm

DeLorean DMC-12 - Random Topics
The DeLorean rocks! Where can I get the same DeLorean used in "Back to the Future"... ;-) -- Submitted By: (SVN) on September 4, 2009, 1:20 pm

Animal Planet - Random Topics
Simply put: it became "The Monster Channel". No longer are we watching dog shows and family-friendly nature documentaries! Now we are seeing predators having their meal, and even worse, real-life stories on human beings being mutated from some disease-carrying insect or animal! -- Submitted By: (SVN) on September 4, 2009, 1:18 pm

Bon Jovi - Music Groups
Seriously- "F" this worn out group of tenny-bopper glam rockers turned Liberal political shills. Brewmaster hit the nail on the head, again. -- Submitted By: (Chubby Rain) on September 4, 2009, 12:01 pm

Superman - Movie Series
Saw that Chris Reeves even had nice stuff to say about Richard Pryor and Superman III, but he had no comment about how bad the 4th film was in his auto biography. The drop off after the second film was severe. I just saw the Richard Donner cut of the film on DVD- that was totally awesome 80's at it's peak. KNEEL BEFORE ZOD, SON OF JOR-EL!!! -- Submitted By: (Chubby Rain) on September 4, 2009, 12:00 pm

Basic Instinct - Movie Series
Show us your crotch again Sharon... oh wait nobody cares!! -- Submitted By: (Chubby Rain) on September 4, 2009, 11:58 am

Munsters, The - TV Shows
Pat Preist was just on Howard Stern this week, and I had forgotten what a classic wonderful show this was. Compared to the TV of 2009, this show shines even brighter in comparison. We probably wont ever have classic TV like this again- thanks reality TV!! -- Submitted By: (Chubby Rain) on September 4, 2009, 11:58 am

Reading Rainbow - TV Shows
Still, it's sad to see it finally canceled. It was very much a part of a lot childhoods. I might be the only one but I felt like it ended when I decided to stop watching it. But to have it actually gone from the airwaves is an odd feeling. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on September 4, 2009, 12:32 am

Liam Neeson - Celebrities
...Like Star Wars: Episode I. -- Submitted By: (SamuraiPanda201) on September 3, 2009, 11:52 pm

TV Guide - Random Topics
Long before it bought out the JTS site, and long before it became a tabloid, TV Guide was, believe it or not, a magazine of some substance. My grandmother used to save TV Guides occasionally, from the late 60s up until about 1990. When I last looked through the collection, I was stunned at how different the content was back in that era. There were articles about TV shows and actors to be sure, but you also had articles about the industry itself, and even articles pertaining to world news. One cover from 1981 had an illustrated - yes, illustrated - portrait of Prince Charles and Princess Diana to commemorate their wedding. They actually had (gasp!) covers with people over the age of 40 on them! And of course, they had detailed local listings, and lots of them. But all of that has changed now. With the new magazine size came not only fewer listings but pointless tabloid fluff. You now have covers with headlines like "The Ten Sexiest Celebrities" and "Who looked sluttiest on this week's Dancing With The Stars?". I don't know if all of this is a consequence of the failing magazine industry, or perhaps just the dumbing down of America, all I know is that I want no part of TV Guide anymore (unless maybe there ends up being a toilet paper shortage in the near future). -- Submitted By: (Strenikstund) on September 3, 2009, 10:54 pm

New Coke - Random Topics
It wasn't so much a bad soda as it was an object lesson if focus grouping and the power of brand loyalty. -- Submitted By: (BrewMaster) on September 3, 2009, 11:40 am

Lilo and Stitch - Movie Series
Hawaii + Elvis + aliens was a weird combination. And every theatrical Disney movie after Lilo and Stitch looks as though they were purposely made to be sucky. I'm crossing my fingers for The Princess and the Frog. Maybe, just maybe, it will be the movie that returns classic ink and paint films to theatres. -- Submitted By: (Robert) on September 3, 2009, 11:39 am

Wal-Mart - Random Topics
This is what I'm going by: www.peopleofwalmart.com -- Submitted By: (Stephanie) on September 2, 2009, 11:52 am

Mad Magazine - Random Topics
Chubby: I agree that Mad is best enjoyed by a younger crowd, and I'm sure it's designed that way. I just wonder if they will be able to convey the disrespect of advertisers to their readers with the same effectiveness in a magazine that actually accepts advertising. In classic Mad, they could tear advertisers to shreds in good conscience because they didn't have to worry about the potential finacial impact of scaring off non-existant advertising from the publication. -- Submitted By: (Eugene) on September 2, 2009, 11:21 am

Curly Howard - Celebrities
Greatest...Stooge...Ever -- Submitted By: (BrewMaster) on September 1, 2009, 8:48 pm

ACORN (Association of Community Organizations for - Random Topics
Do they have an official uniform? Brown shirts perhaps? -- Submitted By: (BrewMaster) on September 1, 2009, 8:43 pm

Dawn Lyn - Celebrities
IT'S OFFICIAL DAWN LYN IS OUR PATRON SAINT! -- Submitted By: (Hikariu) on September 1, 2009, 11:59 am

Bugaloos, The - TV Shows
Oh!! I LOVED this show as a child. And their names! The girl was Joy, the guys were Harmony, Courage and I.Q. So hippie-trippy! Then there was Martha Raye as Benita Bizarre and her various colored feathered head-dresses! Now I'm stuck on the theme song. The Bugaloos...the Bugaloos...simply flying everywhere... -- Submitted By: (Stephanie) on September 1, 2009, 11:46 am

DVDs - Random Topics
As for user operation prohibitions: With the right DVD player, this isn't a problem. Certain makes of DVD player can be "deprogrammed" to disable region codes, allow skipping over commercials, disable Macrovision, etc. Do a web search and see for yourself. You may even find that the player you have now can be modified! -- Submitted By: (Eugene) on September 1, 2009, 5:47 am

Jaws - Movie Series
Good movie that was never sequel-worthy. -- Submitted By: (MCS) on August 31, 2009, 10:31 pm

Queen - Music Groups
As much as love Paul Rodgers, NO ONE, and I mean, NO ONE can EVER replace Freddie Mercury. Period. -- Submitted By: (Stephanie) on August 31, 2009, 2:29 pm

Seinfeld - TV Shows
I like the Heaven/Hell ending theory. And Dolfan, you're right about them not stopping the guy...I don't expect any average Joe to stop an armed mugger (it's SUICIDE!). But the thing is, even though they caught the incident on tape, their motive for doing so was selfish and cruel. It wasn't to get evidence, it was to enjoy watching the guy get mugged and to laugh at his weight. On top of which, they didn't help him at all after the attack (even after the mugger was long gone). They just leave. No asking if he's all right, no providing information to the cops, nothing. -- Submitted By: (Robert) on August 31, 2009, 12:43 pm

Roseanne - TV Shows
The show was good, but Becky was pretty unbearable throughout, in her various forms. The fact that it was about a lower middle class family made it a good one. -- Submitted By: (MCS) on August 30, 2009, 10:15 pm

Superman - Movie Series
Superman III represented a drastic step downward, and in Superman Returns Bryan Singer & Co. did absolutely the right thing by ignoring the third and fourth movies. Even so, Superman III wasn't the BTF moment. In his autobiography "Still Me," Christopher Reeve spent most of a chapter talking about what it was like making the Superman movies. He wrote at length about Superman I and II, and even had some nice things to say about working with Richard Pryor on Superman III. About the next movie, however, Reeve wrote a single sentence: "The less said about Superman IV, the better." Take it from the Man of Steel himself: The Superman movie franchise boned the kryptonite fish with the fourth movie. Superman Returns brought it back, and hopefully when Brandon Rauth writes his memoirs we won't be seeing the words "the less said, the better" in conjunction with any Superman movies HE appeared in. -- Submitted By: (Mythigator) on August 30, 2009, 9:29 pm

Mario Lopez - Celebrities
Sad case of a washed-up teen star. -- Submitted By: (MCS) on August 30, 2009, 8:41 pm

Saved by the Bell - TV Shows
Decent show, however unrealistic. A show set in high school needs to end when they graduate, period. Luckily I don't remember the Zack Attack. -- Submitted By: (MCS) on August 30, 2009, 8:35 pm

Seinfeld - TV Shows
BTW Robert, the fact that Kramer records the incident on tape is actually HELPFUL to the cops, since they'd now be able to see the crime and who's perpetrating it. Furthermore charging across the street to stop an armed robber is about as stupid as one can be. Even with my afterlife theory the gang being arrested for not helping still makes absolutely no sense. -- Submitted By: (DolFan316) on August 30, 2009, 5:37 pm

Seinfeld - TV Shows
Still watch every Seinfeld rerun I have time for, because even an episode I've already seen 15 times is better than 99% of new stuff on TV. I saw a theory about the finale online years ago (not my own) that makes sense to me. When Kramer jumps up and down on the private plane he causes it to crash and they all die. What we see for the rest of the show is their afterlife. The whole courtroom scene is the gang literally being judged on their worthiness for heaven--or hell. In the end they get sent down below, and "hell" for them is having to spend an eternity in the same jail with each other. Of course that doesn't make it right but it does put a different and maybe more explainable context on things. -- Submitted By: (DolFan316) on August 30, 2009, 5:34 pm

Barack Obama II - Celebrities
Angry that even the brainwashed libbie sheep of America saw through his horrible "health care plan" Obama is now attempting to gain control of the internet so he can disconnect any of us from it at any time, and he also plans to form a CIVILIAN ARMY because in his own words the actual military isn't up to the challenge of securing America! I wish I was making this up, but it's all too real. I don't think he's going to stop until ALL of our rights have been taken away! -- Submitted By: (DolFan316) on August 30, 2009, 5:27 pm

Garfield Minus Garfield - Websites
I caught this by chance recently. Apparently, either the webmaster of G minus G isn't keeping very good records, or is running out of ideas, because these two strips are identical: http://garfieldminusgarfield.net/post/90322629 and http://garfieldminusgarfield.net/post/151589211 . -- Submitted By: (Strenikstund) on August 30, 2009, 4:27 pm

Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids - TV Shows
Not many cartoons can deliver morals or lessons very well, but Fat Albert did it the best, IMHO. I loved this cartoon as a kid, and I love it even now. -- Submitted By: (Robert) on August 30, 2009, 1:49 pm

Star Wars - Movie Series
I caught a show on History Channel that covered Star Wars, and they were basically saying how it makes sense that someone like Darth Vader would start out being a whiney emo teenager like Anakin. I was flabbergasted. In the old movies, I recall Obi-Wan telling Luke that his father Anakin was a good man. How does Anakin being a whiney emo teenager make Obi-Wan's statement true? That's a continuity error right there! And think about this: if he won't obey the Jedis because he's a rebellious teenager, why is his "rebellious teenager" persona suddenly gone when he becomes Darth Vader and obeys everything Darth Sidious tells him to do? When he learns that Padme died, why didn't he rebel against him too, for failing to keep up his end of the bargain (Anakin becomes a Sith in exchange for Sidious protecting her from death)? -- Submitted By: (Robert) on August 30, 2009, 1:38 pm

My Mother The Car - TV Shows
No pelirojo i never seen "Life with Lucy" or "AfterMash" but i take your word for it that they also bad cause you one sharp person who i always agree with. -- Submitted By: (shanequia) on August 30, 2009, 1:34 pm

Organic Farming - Random Topics
Though I slam organic methods, I keep an open mind: I dip into it now and then, because there are some organic foods which actually taste better than their conventional counterparts at my grocery store. Nobody in their right mind wants animals to be mistreated (on top of which, sick and abused animals pass on their illnesses to the food they make/are made into). With the human population going up and up, factory farming was used to make food faster and cheaper. With the Earth's human population of 6.5 Billion going up, going organic is becoming less practical. -- Submitted By: (Robert) on August 30, 2009, 12:52 pm

Home Alone - Movie Series
The first movie was the best. The second movie...ehh, it's OK. But the third movie? BONE!!!!! No Kevin, no Buzz, no "Johnny and Snakes" from part 3 onwards!!!!! -- Submitted By: (SVN) on August 30, 2009, 12:35 pm

Lilo and Stitch - Movie Series
Well, this was it. This was the piece of dung movie along with "Kim Possible" that KILLED the original spirit of Disney. They are no longer a family empire! Well, they sort of still are, but 99.9% of what they make now are for teenagers and adults! This movie (and KP) have boned the fish the moment their very first promos were ever shown!!!!! -- Submitted By: (SVN) on August 30, 2009, 12:31 pm

Reality Television - Random Topics
When "Survivor" premiered back in 2000, TV would never be the same again... -- Submitted By: (SVN) on August 30, 2009, 12:27 pm

SPAM - Random Topics
SPAM it stand for spoiled putrid almost meat. i never had this in my life but it good to open a can if you want company to leave. just one whiff and they make an excuse to be too busy to stay for dinner. -- Submitted By: (shanequia) on August 30, 2009, 10:56 am

Panda Express - Random Topics
this gross it taste like fried panda so it properly named. -- Submitted By: (shanequia) on August 30, 2009, 10:49 am

Ovaltine - Random Topics
another one i would drink all the time as a kid. do anyone know if they still make it? i never see it no more so i think it doubtfull. -- Submitted By: (shanequia) on August 30, 2009, 10:48 am

National Geographic - Random Topics
this one a nightmare for me to think about. when i was in third grade we had this in the school libary and this one mean kid always come up to me and show me this native lady with a bone in her nose and ask me if that my mama. now i think it funny but back then it was not. -- Submitted By: (shanequia) on August 30, 2009, 10:47 am

Myspace - Random Topics
Myspace? Myspam more like it. i try this and get loaded with spam email. -- Submitted By: (shanequia) on August 30, 2009, 10:43 am

Mr. Potato Head - Random Topics
i played with this one when i was a kid until i lost the plastic potato then i tried to use a real potato but mama slap me and tell me potatos dont grow on trees just like she always say about money. i can't look at a potato til this day with out thinking about puttin eyes nose and a mouth on it. i just may go out and buy another mr potato head -- Submitted By: (shanequia) on August 30, 2009, 10:41 am

Macy's - Random Topics
these people snobs they watch over you like a hawk like you gonna take something everytime you go in there. -- Submitted By: (shanequia) on August 30, 2009, 10:38 am

KFC - Random Topics
we eat here all the time. i know it greasy but it still taste good. when we was kids mama sometime buy the extra crispy which i hated. i tell her why not you just buy the regular and put a few peices on the back porch in the sun they be extra crispy in no time and she slap me. -- Submitted By: (shanequia) on August 30, 2009, 10:36 am

Bank of America - Random Topics
B.O.A. stand for bunch of A-holes. -- Submitted By: (shanequia) on August 30, 2009, 10:31 am

McDonalds - Random Topics
i would not even work there. you can't get much lower on the job chain. -- Submitted By: (shanequia) on August 30, 2009, 10:29 am

Dunkin' Donuts - Random Topics
when we was kids we ride our bikes down and buy them sometime. now i think they gross -- Submitted By: (shanequia) on August 30, 2009, 10:27 am

Kool-Aid - Random Topics
we live on kool-aid when i was a kid. noina and me set up a kool-aid stand on the corner sometime and we make extra spending money for candy. we make up a sign and everything. all the cars must have thought it cute cause they stop and buy a cup. now come to think of it we never see them drink it. -- Submitted By: (shanequia) on August 30, 2009, 10:24 am

Tattoos - Random Topics
when i was a kid i thought it would be cute to get a real tatoo because i got one in a box of cracker jack. then i realize it a dumb ideia cause i way too dark for it to show you could hardly see it on me. -- Submitted By: (shanequia) on August 30, 2009, 10:20 am

Jack in the Box (restaurant) - Random Topics
we call this one barf in the box when i was a kid. one time mama try to get me to go with her and i kicked and screamed and hold on to the door jam and she couldn't pry me loose so i had to wait in the car. i thought i was gonna be sick from the smell in the car so i crack a window. then later mama complain that her stomache hurt her and she take rolaids and lie down for hours. i get nashous til this day everytime i drive by a barf in the box. plus that clown head not inviting at all he scarey i think he scarey to warn you to stay away. -- Submitted By: (shanequia) on August 30, 2009, 9:53 am

Paparazzi - Random Topics
Pelirojo always say the best comments. i agree they kill princess Diana -- Submitted By: (shanequia) on August 30, 2009, 9:45 am

Love Boat - TV Shows
This show bone when they bring in that little girl vicki. she really annoying but she not half as annoying as fugly dodie from my three sons. if they cast Dawn lyn as the captins daughter vicki someone throw her overboard for sure. -- Submitted By: (shanequia) on August 30, 2009, 9:23 am

Lost in Space - TV Shows
I watch this one too pelirojo and i dont like that dr smith at all. this a cute show but he weird. -- Submitted By: (shanequia) on August 30, 2009, 9:15 am

Seinfeld - TV Shows
I,like most people hated the final but not because of the plot I thought it was a great plot to end with it just wasnt handled well,no real funny jokes characters seemed out of character and worst of all the flashbacks. -- Submitted By: (athenasatanjesus) on August 29, 2009, 11:17 pm

That '70s Show - TV Shows
Back in the good old days of the Site Which Shall Not Be Named, someone had made a brilliant comment regarding the character development of That 70s Show, and why the show should have ended with its 5th season. Since no one here has commented on Red's Heart Attack yet, I'll try to recreate those long-lost comments here. Up until the second-to-last episode of Season 5, That 70s Show had been a story about growing up. Most of this growth happened from the point of view of Eric Foreman, with the Eric/Donna relationship as a focal point, but the coming-of-age theme was true of the other characters as well. In Season 1, Eric was a timid, nervous geek who couldn't get the girl or stand up to his father. He had no idea what he wanted to do with his life (aside from sitting in the circle). But by Season 5, Eric was a (more) confident geek; he was able to stand up to his father and eventually earn his respect; and even though the path was rocky, he eventually got the girl and had learned many lessons about relationships along the way. By Season 5, Eric was planning to go to college. He and Donna were going to find a life together, leaving their small town behind to experience the world, come what may. Other characters were growing up too. Season 5 saw Fez finally lose his virginity with his DMV co-worker; Kelso finally got smart and realized he didn't want to be with Jackie anymore, because of her constant put-downs; when Hyde and Jackie got together, Hyde became more committed, and Jackie less superficial. And they were all (except for Jackie) getting ready to graduate. That should've been where the show ended. Granted, That 70s Show had already officially Boned by Season 4 (musical episode, anyone?), but the show itself was still salvageable. Had it ended with "Celebration Day", had Eric and Donna gone off into the sunset and the other four characters gone their separate ways, the show could have left the airways with some modicum of dignity. But noooooo..... the network just had to intervene. You see, That 70s Show was a ratings extravaganza, so why stop it there? Enter Red's Heart Attack. The "perfect" excuse to keep Eric and Donna down on the farm and stunt their growth, and keep "the gang" together in truly contrived style. Eric became a lout; gone were his college plans, and by the end of Season 6, gone was his commitment to Donna when he ditched his own wedding. Before that moment, Eric had always been a bit of a loser, but always a loveable loser, and someone with redeeming qualities. But by Season 7, I truly began to dislike his character, and I think that it is this event (and not Topher's departure) that put the final nail in the 70s Show coffin. Eric Foreman was the keystone of show; if you didn't sympathize with him, there was no point. And with his character ruined, everything else fell apart. Donna went from being a worldly college-bound woman to a 2-dimensional girl (all blondeness aside); Fez went from comically naive to perverted; Kelso... Shannon Elizabeth's baby-daddy? Really?; Hyde became the proud owner of a record store (uh-oh... New Setting); Jackie went to work for a Mary Tyler Moore... nuff said. Of course I could go on about Randy, and about the way the authenticity of the 70s era sets and wardrobes began to slip, but that would be beside the point. After they graduated from high school, the coming-of-age arc was complete, and the show was creatively finished. Seasons 6 through 8 are a painful testament to that fact. I can't say for sure whether or not Fox requested that the writers change the end of Season 5, but it wouldn't surprise me, because Red's Heart Attack feels so tacked-on. The moral of this story is, creativity is far more important than longevity. Let the story end when it has to. -- Submitted By: (Strenikstund) on August 29, 2009, 10:59 pm

Paparazzi - Random Topics
Yeah, at least pond scum produces a good part of our oxygen supply whereas I can't think of anything good that paparazzi have done. -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on August 29, 2009, 3:30 pm

Organic Farming - Random Topics
Even if one doesn't care about how livestock or produce gets raised, one thing that comes out of organic farming as that the food generally tastes FRESHER and better than conventionally raised foods. Not that this is in my budget to pay for every single meal, but,for example, I like how organic eggs taste the way I remember farm fresh eggs tasting in my childhood as opposed to them tasting like they were spat out of a machine. Anyway, I'm glad we consumers have the options of conventional vs. organic raised foods these days! -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on August 29, 2009, 3:28 pm

TV Land - Random Topics
Wasn't this originally one of the hard-to-find channels where you had to call your cable or satellite company just to get it? I even remember the commercials, where they would, for instance, take a clip from "My Three Sons" and replace the original lines with lines that you would hear from recent shows (the father in the clip said he had a surprise; he was going to get a nose ring! LOL) as an example of what TV is like now, and TV Land is the only place for safe, fun, classic TV! Well, all of that is completely gone now, and although some old shows remain, the feeling isn't just the same anymore. Now we've gone to showing recent shows and (GASP!) reality shows! There would NEVER be a commercial suggesting the escape of these shows on TV Land now! -- Submitted By: (SVN) on August 29, 2009, 3:12 pm

Super Nintendo - Random Topics
Yes, I agree! My favorite SNES games were the Donkey Kong Country series. -- Submitted By: (SVN) on August 29, 2009, 3:05 pm

Frosty the Snowman - TV Shows
IIRC, the awful Frosty Returns special was made by a bunch of morons from SNL. The really sad part is that there really was a real sequel to Frosty called Frosty's Winter Wonderland, yet for whatever reason it is forgotten and the DVD makers keep bundling Frosty with "Returns". -- Submitted By: (Travoltron) on August 29, 2009, 12:32 pm

Rocko's Modern Life - TV Shows
Wacky Delly was hilarious. "I am the Cheese. I am the best character on this show. I am better than the salami and the bologna combined." -- Submitted By: (Robert) on August 29, 2009, 10:40 am

Back to the Future - Movie Series
It's not easy to make a movie sequel set in a Western theme work, but it can be done, as seen here. An American Tail: Fievel Goes West was also a good example, though this was better. -- Submitted By: (Robert) on August 29, 2009, 10:31 am

King of the Hill - TV Shows
Just popped in to say that despite KOTH not BTF, Uh-Oh Canada may have been the shittiest episode they've ever done. -- Submitted By: (Indigo) on August 28, 2009, 8:45 pm

ShamWow - Random Topics
Do you know the guy who does the commercials is WEARING A HEADSET????? What, they can't afford a wireless mic like on "Wheel of Fortune" and other shows? Not to mention the lame rhyming on the "SlapChop" commercials... -- Submitted By: (SVN) on August 28, 2009, 6:40 pm

Screamer videos - Random Topics
Okay, to help alleviate fellow I-netters, here are some examples I can think of from the top of my head: "What's wrong with this picture?", "World's hardest 'Where's Waldo?' picture", "'K-fee' ads from Germany", "'Jingle Bells' in reverse", any others? Just trying to help!!!!! -- Submitted By: (SVN) on August 28, 2009, 6:38 pm

Radio - Random Topics
For me, radio became "indecent" around 1991 or so. Long live pre-1990 songs (with the 80's as my absolute favorite)! -- Submitted By: (SVN) on August 28, 2009, 6:36 pm

Oregon Trail, The - Random Topics
Awww, great game! I remember growing up with this on the old school Macintosh in the early 90's! Wish it were still here today (along with StuntCopter and other Mac classics...well, there is "Kid Pix" which is another favorite from the good ol' days...) -- Submitted By: (SVN) on August 28, 2009, 6:35 pm

National Geographic - Random Topics
"National Geographic" and "Nature" are two great magazines. My campus library has every issue from the start (back in the 1800s). -- Submitted By: (SVN) on August 28, 2009, 6:32 pm

Mobile Phones - Random Topics
I agree with you, Steph! Sometimes I wish I could go through life without a cell phone! Think of all the money and stress I could save! -- Submitted By: (SVN) on August 28, 2009, 6:31 pm

Jack in the Box (restaurant) - Random Topics
I've never had JitB in my life. Never have, never will. Just hearing about the "mystery meat" their products contain as well as the E. coli problem makes me turn my back on this restaurant! -- Submitted By: (SVN) on August 28, 2009, 6:28 pm

Hot wheels - Random Topics
I've grown up with Hot Wheels (the boy's toy from Mattel) and I enjoyed playing with them! I've had 2 car washes, a parking garage, and multiple carrying cases over the years. I have also always looked forward to the Hot Wheels Happy Meals at McDonalds when I was a kid, too! -- Submitted By: (SVN) on August 28, 2009, 6:25 pm

Barack Obama II - Celebrities
The hope and change he was talking about is you better hope you have some change left when he gets through remaking America the way he sees it. -- Submitted By: (JoeBagODonuts) on August 28, 2009, 6:25 pm

HeadOn - Random Topics
Day 1 for the endless string of commercials, along with their other products (ApplyOn, etc.) -- Submitted By: (SVN) on August 28, 2009, 6:23 pm

DVDs - Random Topics
I like DVDs! I like the quality of them, I like the variety! However, I'm ready for the latest! -- Submitted By: (SVN) on August 28, 2009, 6:22 pm

Donkey Kong Country - Random Topics
I apologize to the guy below, but the Rareware series of "Donkey Kong" games are the best games ever made! I played all 3 of the Super NES DKC games, and I even played "DK64" on the Nintendo 64! I also played their Game Boy counterparts as well. Don't worry; it's just an opinion! -- Submitted By: (SVN) on August 28, 2009, 6:21 pm

Good Times - TV Shows
Of course they boned when James died. It's a SITCOM for crying out loud. What's so funny about a father getting killed in a car wreck and leaving a wife and 3 kids? -- Submitted By: (JoeBagODonuts) on August 28, 2009, 6:20 pm

Crank Calls/Prank Calls - Random Topics
My favorite kind of prank calls are the ones by Bo and Jim on Lone Star 92.5! (Just Google in "Lone Star 92.5" and find the "Bo and Jim" page!) They do everything from "Wake Up Slaps" to "Trusted or Busted"! Although I don't condone doing these kind of calls, these "losers" on the radio sure know how to put their imaginations and vocal talents to the test! -- Submitted By: (SVN) on August 28, 2009, 6:19 pm

CMT:Country Music Television - Random Topics
Thanks to whoever put in "Reality Shows" for a vote! How are "Extreme Makeover: Trash That House" and "Nanny 911" COUNTRY, huh????? Looks like CMT will go the way of another old Viacom station, TNN (they became Spike in 2003). -- Submitted By: (SVN) on August 28, 2009, 6:16 pm

Frosty the Snowman - TV Shows
Frosty Returns. What an awful, awful sequel to a classic show. The animation looked bad, the villain sucked, he and his cat looked horribly done, and the plot was crap. I expected to see a story about CHRISTMAS! Or a virtue, like sharing, kindness, or giving to those in need. What do we get here instead? How about a bunch of idiots spraying aerosol all over the place because they hate snow, thus making them a bunch of "Grinches" who are, essentially, stealing Christmas? Add in the fact that Frosty was not voiced by Jackie Vernon as he was in the other Frosty shows (I know, I know, the reason for that was Vernon having died before Frosty Returns was released), and did I mention the continuity errors? -- Submitted By: (Robert) on August 28, 2009, 1:12 pm

Paparazzi - Random Topics
These people are lower than low. Calling them pond scum would be complimenting them. -- Submitted By: (Robert) on August 28, 2009, 12:54 pm

Organic Farming - Random Topics
What's worse is that organic methods aren't even "better for the Earth" like these environmentalists make them out to be. I mean, if you were going to produce 100,000 gallons of milk, the organic method would require more cows (didn't the environmentalists say something about how cow farts causing global warming? So why would you want MORE cows to make MORE farts?), and more farmland (sorry, nature, but you're losing more land to promote "Earth-friendly" methods!) as opposed to non-organic methods. I could understand people going organic if they were allergic or something to pesticides, hormones, etc. used by non-organic methods, but... -- Submitted By: (Robert) on August 28, 2009, 12:53 pm

Fawlty Towers - TV Shows
Okay, just to clarify, I was responding to Greg. (really should change my nick to nickpicker...) -- Submitted By: (Tatiana) on August 28, 2009, 10:47 am

Man vs. Wild - TV Shows
Peli, you are right about "Bear," but it's pretty close to being a given name. His real name is Edward Michael Grylls, nicknamed "Bear" as an infant by his older sister when he was just a week old, according to his Wiki bio. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_Grylls) -- Submitted By: (Mythigator) on August 28, 2009, 6:09 am

Back to the Future - Movie Series
This was a good series that stayed strong all the way through and ended when it should have. -- Submitted By: (MCS) on August 27, 2009, 4:31 pm

Ellen (TV series) - TV Shows
I didn't care that Ellen was gay. It was the fact that the show quit being funny and that was all they could talk about. -- Submitted By: (MCS) on August 27, 2009, 4:29 pm

High School Musical - Movie Series
Makes you long for traditionally animated movies even more. Come on, Disney! -- Submitted By: (Robert) on August 27, 2009, 2:23 pm

IKEA Furniture - Random Topics
If one's a European who has to transport everything by bicycle or train, it makes sense to get unassembled furniture that takes up as little bulk as possible during transport. However; if one lives in a country where one has a car or truck, about the only reason to get this furniture is to be able to impress your friends that you were able to take hours to put together furniture that looks exactly like. .. furniture non-professionals put together. Me, I'd rather find a pre-assembled piece of antique furniture at a thrift store! -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on August 27, 2009, 1:53 pm

Beastie Boys, The - Music Groups
OK, I hate to do this but because I only want to share factual info and NOT perpetuate online lies, I must. I did some online research and found out that the British tabloid "The Daily Mail" had reported them dissing children cancer patients back in the mid 1980's. It was THAT allegation that I considered when deciding I could no longer stand them. Unfortunately, I didn't find out until last night when I did my research that "The Daily Mail" later printed a retraction to that claim so for THAT reason alone (and not because of anything the group themelves said), I must admit that the dis I had believed to be accurate has proven to be wrong (at least as to what they've been known to say as per public record). Also, I understand that one of the group CURRENTLY is fighting cancer so being that I'm not a vindictive person but someone who doesn't think anyone deserves cancer, I will even say I feel sorry for what that band member and his family are having to go through. OK, I'm STILL not a fan of the group per se (due to their performing style,etc.) but I don't want to dump on them for something there's no public record for them having done. -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on August 27, 2009, 1:48 pm

Keeping Up Appearances - TV Shows
"The bouquet residence, the lady of the house speaking!!!" Poor Richard's stuck doing everything she wants, and her poor neighbors Emmett and Elizabeth are too scared to say no to her invitations to tea. This show's hilarious, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so! -- Submitted By: (Robert) on August 27, 2009, 1:38 pm

Fantasia - Movie Series
I MEANT to say "The Monkees" debuted a quarter century LATER than "Fantasia". Sorry about that! -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on August 27, 2009, 1:36 pm

Fawlty Towers - TV Shows
Call me a nitpicker but I have to react to the comment #2... Connie Booth wasn't Cleese's TV wife in Fawlty Towers, she was his employee, his TV wife was Prunella Scales :-) -- Submitted By: (Tatiana) on August 27, 2009, 10:34 am

Fantasia - Movie Series
Wise words, PeliRojo, but BrewMaster and I are not the same person. Nonetheless, Fantasia still rocks. "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" is a classic, and "Night on Bald Mountain" should keep scaring the pants off of kids for generations to come. -- Submitted By: (Mythigator) on August 27, 2009, 6:10 am

Man vs. Wild - TV Shows
How believable do I consider Bear's on-camera struggles for survival? About as believable as Bear being his given name! -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on August 26, 2009, 4:10 pm

Coronation Street - TV Shows
I saw it a time or so out of curiosity when I'd cross the pond and ,while I can't say I understand why it's lasted almost a half-century; I think it's interesting that the soap is soapy enough with working class characters with no attempts to glamorize their wardrobes,residences or take the settings to exotic locales. -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on August 26, 2009, 4:07 pm

Royal Family, The - TV Shows
Irony of bitter ironies was that at first the cast and crew actually thought Mr. Foxx was doing his Sanford impression when he was actually having his fatal heart attack. Then they later tried to salvage the mess by bringing in 227's Jackee in as, first Victoria's (Della Reese's) much younger sister- then ,after they decided it was too cumbersome to have to have the characters explain the relationship, they made Jackee's character Victoria's prodigal DAUGHTER (previously the daughter who had moved back into her parents' house after her divorce with her children that had triggered the original premise,had been Al and Victoria's only child). They needn't have bothered because the TV audience decided the whole thing was too cumbersome to bother with after Mr. Foxx's death. -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on August 26, 2009, 3:56 pm

Fantasia - Movie Series
Shh! Careful, Mythagator! MTV et. al would quickly yowl that they were invented by 'The Monkees' a quarter century earlier. Still, if one wants to take rock music out of the equation as a requirement re music videos, one could go back even further to c.1931 with the musicals of Busby Berkeley from 1931 who eagerly turned dancers' legs,etc. into cogs of many a musical kaleidescope way back then! Check them out and see you think if Disney might have actually drawn some inspiration from them! -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on August 26, 2009, 3:50 pm

Keeping Up Appearances - TV Shows
Thanks, Dolfan! True about Hyacinth being a neighbor nobody would want to have closer than Antarctica - and it also goes without saying that Richard likely would prefer to be on a different PLANET from his overwhelming spouse! Still, they all were funny to watch! -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on August 26, 2009, 3:41 pm

Dennis the Menace (1959 sitcom) - TV Shows
Funny thing is that it wasn't the title character who was Mr. Wilson's worst nemesis,it was the nosy spinster neighbor Miss Cathcart (played by the marvellous Mary Wickes)- and her character never once appeared in the strip! One could even say that Miss Cathcart would be what Margaret would grow up to be (and,yes, Margaret could drive even Dennis to become a Mr. Wilson)! -- Submitted By: (Pelirojo) on August 26, 2009, 3:39 pm